• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Sarcasm kills, pizzagate

DrZoidberg

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
Atheist
Considering the reddit link: Wow, people are fucking stupid!

And these are likely the same people who ignored that Trump had an actual court case against him for sex with a 13 year old.

And these are likely the same people who ignored that Trump had an actual court case against him for sex with a 13 year old.

hmm... he was acquitted. It's not cool keeping suspicions alive against people after they've shown their innocence in court. I also think Trump is a dick and deserves to burn. But if we hate him for stuff he didn't do, we'll just come across as idiots.

hmm... he was acquitted. It's not cool keeping suspicions alive against people after they've shown their innocence in court. I also think Trump is a dick and deserves to burn. But if we hate him for stuff he didn't do, we'll just come across as idiots.
I would agree, but in this case he was not acquitted as far as I know. The last I heard is the woman dropped the case because of death threats. Where did you see he was acquitted?

I would agree, but in this case he was not acquitted as far as I know. The last I heard is the woman dropped the case because of death threats. Where did you see he was acquitted?

Even if he was acquitted, that doesn't mean he has shown his innocence. It just means they found a reasonable doubt about his guilt. It could still be more likely than not that he did it.

In contrast, Hillary's case is one of internet trolls, without anybody laying charges and with some already admitting they are trolling. So I'd say if we're going to discuss Hillary's case, bringing up Trump's is reasonable.

Last you heard? A rumour is a rumour.

Even if he was acquitted, that doesn't mean he has shown his innocence. It just means they found a reasonable doubt about his guilt. It could still be more likely than not that he did it.

wtf. No, it means we don't have a reason to keep suspecting him. If we still do, what's the point with the judicial system?

In contrast, Hillary's case is one of internet trolls, without anybody laying charges and with some already admitting they are trolling. So I'd say if we're going to discuss Hillary's case, bringing up Trump's is reasonable

How's that a justification for anything?

When I said 'last I heard', I'm not referring to hearing it from someone who heard it from someone who saw it online. I'm referring to seeing articles on it, such as at Politico , and Daily Mail, The Guardian, NY Daily News, etc.

Now, can you show where you got the impression that he was acquitted?

Oh, and just to be clear. I am not saying I believe that Trump is guilty of rape. I don't know what the evidence is. My point was how a certain group of people are willing to believe the Clinton 'child sex' accusation based on nothing, while at the same time ignore the Trump rape accusation that apparently had enough to support it to get into a federal court.

Zoidberg, he wasn't acquitted as it was a civil suit. The case was dismissed from one state because there was no standing there. It was then submitted to a different state. Language of what you may have read in Swedish press may have used similar words for "dismissal" and "acquittal" but these can be very different over here. My latest understanding is that the case was dropped/dismissed in California in June and then resubmitted in New York but then dropped again due to errors in the submission of the case. Then it was filed again next month. I have no updates on it beyond that.

A man has been arrested after firing a rifle inside a pizza restaurant in Washington DC that was the target of a bizarre fake US election story.
No-one was injured in the incident at Comet Ping Pong in an affluent neighbourhood of the nation's capital.

A 28-year-old man from North Carolina was taken into police custody.

Conspiracy theorists said the pizzeria was the base of a child sex ring run by ex-US presidential candidate Hillary Clinton and her aide, John Podesta.

Edgar Maddison Welch, the man arrested on Sunday, told police he went to the restaurant to "self-investigate" the theory, dubbed "pizzagate".

Has anyone seen Will Wiley lately?

The basement of Comet Ping Ping has been recently fully, massively "repaired" - to get rid of little kiddy DNA. lol...

613cd38d405fbccb13fc0a4850b99b123c289769d4a4662c9263ea4e8063928e.png

6c2c6d6abac744f00dda43ab1f66a124fe7fac2d57bf4aafb3536c4fdc6720f6.jpg

Last edited:

He wasn't acquitted. The case was, however, dropped

When I said 'last I heard', I'm not referring to hearing it from someone who heard it from someone who saw it online. I'm referring to seeing articles on it, such as at Politico , and Daily Mail, The Guardian, NY Daily News, etc.

Now, can you show where you got the impression that he was acquitted?

It says threats. Doesn't mean that threats came from Trump or anybody associated with him. They might as well have come from Trumps' fanboys (I'm assuming none of his supporters are women). And then it means nothing.

No it doesn't mean he is innocent. But it doesn't mean he is guilty. It just means we don't have enough information upon which to even speculate. Anybody can accuse anybody of anything. Accusations are cheap and easy. Until they're backed up by something they're just talk, and should be treated as such IMHO

Oh, and just to be clear. I am not saying I believe that Trump is guilty of rape. I don't know what the evidence is. My point was how a certain group of people are willing to believe the Clinton 'child sex' accusation based on nothing, while at the same time ignore the Trump rape accusation that apparently had enough to support it to get into a federal court.

So the take-away here is that fanboys will believe any nonsense that makes their sides opponent look bad. Where's the news?

Back
Top Bottom