• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

‘Satanic’ Georgia Tablets Despised By Conspiracy Theorists Bombed

ZiprHead

Loony Running The Asylum
Staff member
Basic Beliefs
Don't be a dick.
Part of a Georgia monument despised by right-wing conspiracy theorists was reduced to rubble on Wednesday morning by an explosion, the Georgia Bureau of Investigation said.

The bomb attack targeted the Georgia Guidestones, a set of mysterious, 19-foot tall tablets inscribed with messages that appear to offer advice on how humanity should recover from an apocalyptic event. Pictures of the site on social media appeared to show that one of the monument’s four main tablets had been destroyed in the bombing.

The blast was carried out by “unknown individuals” around 4 a.m., according to the Georgia Bureau of Investigation. A local TV station reported that nearby residents heard an explosion-like sound around the same time.

The Guidestones, which sit in a field in rural Elberton, GA, have been a focus of attention for conspiracy theorists since they were erected in 1979 at the behest of an unknown patron. The tablets are inscribed with a series of admonitions, including a call to keep the global population under 500 million people — advice that conspiracy theorists like InfoWars chief Alex Jones have taken as proof of an elite plot to kill off most of humanity.

They had become a bizarre point of contention for the Alt-Right over the last few years, connected to the Q-Anon conspiracy.

I first saw the story at The Independent. The first comments I saw were supportive of the bombing.

I first saw the story at The Independent. The first comments I saw were supportive of the bombing.
Which is fucked. People install a very difficult to destroy monument to help us recover from an apocalypse and the apocalyptic death cult destroys it.

They had become a bizarre point of contention for the Alt-Right over the last few years, connected to the Q-Anon conspiracy.
Man, I can't wait until Q-Anon has become normalized and people say "I believe in Q-Anon, I'm not crazy and believe that nutty X-Conspir conspiracy stuff."

I read about those things several years ago and, like I do most monuments, found it rather silly.

I bet the same people whom cheered at its destruction are the same people who cried over the removal of Confederate monuments.

I guess the FBI can look for persons of interest here:

Reasons for signing like this one warrants a moveon.org subpoena.

We don't need a petition. We need good men and women to stand united against the evil globalist (communist) agenda that has taken our government hostage. Destroy the guidestones by any means available. Kirk W. 03-02-2021

Keeping with the religious traditions of the taliban

View attachment 39356

Meh, Christians were doing this shit long before Islam even existed.

I recall seeing a beautiful roman mosaic floor at a villa excavation in Somerset, where the archaeologists were really excited to find such a high quality example of the art that had survived the millennia - until they discovered that the central panel had been torn out and crudely replaced with large irregular tiles.

The remaining theme suggests that the central panel might have depicted Bacchus, and the consensus interpretation of the damage is early (ie late roman) Christian defacing of images of other gods.

[satire] Obviously a false-flag operation by the Satanist-AOC-Illuminati axis. Wait till you see the mugshot :-— Straight out of Antifa central casting.

Back
Top Bottom