• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

SAUDI WANTS TO SHUT DOWN AL JAZEERA

It's not sudden. Nobody particularly likes or has ever liked Qatar, an infamous slaver state run by a despotic monarchy.
Yeah, Qatars haters in the ME are so much better.

Didn't say they were, but why should it concern me when one despotic slave state destroys and devours another? The end result is exactly the same.

Al Jazeera used to be a good source of news. They were subverted by Qatar, though.
Can you tell us when you thought they were newsworthy? The archive is open.

I've found Al Jazeera in the past okay to watch and I didn't see the type of bias you see on MNSBC. It also gives more news coverage than the other channels.

Quite frankly, the best content overall I've seen on a cable news network is on Al Jazeera. Sure, it is a biased source, but not an outright propaganda rag. It's biases are more prominent for the regional issues of course. But claims that it has an "anti-Western" (i.e. Anti-American) bias I've found to be exaggerated. Essentially, anytime America is criticized it is perceived as anti-American bias by Americans.

Trump really is an appropriate representative in that regard.

Anyway, it's not as if the coverage of CNN, MSNBC, and FOX were a dispassionate view of American foreign policy in the region. In that regard, all of the American networks are State propaganda, as bad or worse than RT, participating in the most base forms of warmongering, essentially acting as servile mouthpieces of the State Department.

But anyway, Al Jazeera gives you the perspective of the moderate/liberal Arab world, as opposed to the more conservative Al Arabiya.

Back
Top Bottom