• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

SCOTUS Just Handed Trump A Key Victory That May Mean He Will Win

SLD

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
Freethinker

By doing this, the Court has likely punted Trump's federal convictions for years now - most likely they will not rule on this issue until June of 2025. That's the signal that they're raising. They're going to help Trump to delay, delay, delay. That's all he needs to secure the nomination and then if he wins, pardon himself and move on.

What a bunch of fucktards we have on this Court. SCROTUS is right.

Why do you hate democracy so much?

If Trump is really as bad as what the legacy media and the Democratic party say, surely Trump has absolutely no chance of winning?

If Trump is really as bad as what the legacy media and the Democratic party say, surely Trump has absolutely no chance of winning?
The big question is why so many Americans hate democracy enough to support a fascist insurrectioist.
Trump echoes Mussolini and actively fomented an insurrection on Capitol Hill when he lost both the popular vote and also the Electoral College vote.
Why is that?
Tom

The big question is why so many Americans hate democracy enough to support a fascist insurrectioist.
Lies! All lies! Commie Biden Crime Family weaponized government coming to get you! Fake fake news!
Evidence on film at 11 - don’t miss it!! Vote for the BEST ECONOMY IN THE HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE!!

He may not. But he’s not above the law. And the courts ruling will let him escape justice.

His numbers have risen since his indictments, and his campaign chest has swollen. If he can delay the most perilous cases another 10 and a half months, he could well waddle into the O.O. again. The guy I plan to vote for ends every sentence with a faint wheezy breath, has the pinched expression of an assisted living resident, and hasn't been able to get across his (very real) success stories. Trump has shown us, if we needed to be shown, how fragile democracy is and how ruthless, corrupt men can game it. The election is 320 days away. If we actually re-elect Trump, we will deserve what we get. With every month that goes by, it looks more and more like Trump will win and we will see what a Revenge Presidency looks like -- and what is left standing when it's over.

He may not. But he’s not above the law. And the courts ruling will let him escape justice.

I don’t believe for one second your concern is about Trump “escaping justice”.

His numbers have risen since his indictments, and his campaign chest has swollen. If he can delay the most perilous cases another 10 and a half months, he could well waddle into the O.O. again. The guy I plan to vote for ends every sentence with a faint wheezy breath, has the pinched expression of an assisted living resident, and hasn't been able to get across his (very real) success stories. Trump has shown us, if we needed to be shown, how fragile democracy is and how ruthless, corrupt men can game it. The election is 320 days away. If we actually re-elect Trump, we will deserve what we get. With every month that goes by, it looks more and more like Trump will win and we will see what a Revenge Presidency looks like -- and what is left standing when it's over.
With Harris as his running mate, victory is assured, surely.

Last edited by a moderator:

Why not? I happen to believe in the rule of law. And it’s painfully obvious that Trump broke it. Why should he escape justice like this? A stupid delay just to give him a victory while avoiding the question. It’s disgusting. And cowardly to boot.

Why not? I happen to believe in the rule of law. And it’s painfully obvious that Trump broke it. Why should he escape justice like this? A stupid delay just to give him a victory while avoiding the question. It’s disgusting. And cowardly to boot.
I think it's because MAGAtards don't believe in the rule of law so it's difficult for them to understand if anyone else does.

Cowardly? :hysterical: No, what is cowardly is the “democrats” doing all they can to keep a candidate off the ballot.

Cowardly? :hysterical: No, what is cowardly is the “democrats” doing all they can to keep a candidate off the ballot.
Totally disagree. Dems want trump removed from candidacy because it would be better for the country, but it will cost us. Haley would probably beat Biden. Trump running would drive much greater dem turnout. We’ll probably lose the house also. But it’s far better for the country to have Trump on the sidelines. Besides being an incompetent crook, he violated our election laws. He violated our constitution. He’s a danger to our system.

You sound like you support the events of January 6th and believe the constitutionally mandated punishment is unfair. Is that correct?

Totally disagree. Dems want trump removed from candidacy because it would be better for the country, but it will cost us. Haley would probably beat Biden. Trump running would drive much greater dem turnout. We’ll probably lose the house also. But it’s far better for the country to have Trump on the sidelines. Besides being an incompetent crook, he violated our election laws. He violated our constitution. He’s a danger to our system.
Better for the country? Says you, so you get decide? What about other people who disagree, they don’t get a say?

ffs, who’s is the fascist here?

Better for the country? Says you, so you get decide? What about other people who disagree, they don’t get a say?

No the law decides. Trump violated our election laws. He should not be allowed to run again.

No the law decides. Trump violated our election laws. He should not be allowed to run again.

That remains to be seen. But if Trump does run, you can always vote for the other guy and stand up for democracy.

Trump remains the fascist wannabe.
In case you've forgotten, he was soundly defeated in the popular election and then again in the Electoral College. His response to that was a campaign of lies and violence trying to end our system. When it failed, he stole a huge pile of secret documents on his way out.

Disallowing his future efforts to retake any elected office is extraordinarily reasonable. I'd be okay with him facing a firing squad, myself.
Tom

You believe that opposing an illegal coup staged by an authoritarian is "fascism"?

What is fascism, to you? How would you define it, exactly?

Because to me, the "real fascists" are most certainly those who openly espouse fascist ideals and use fascisistic methods to accomplish them. These behaviors are certainly not restricted to any race, class, or party, but that Trump is a fascist is not under any reasonable doubt, or even really a secret. Anyone who believes Trump won a free and fair election in 2020, or that in a democratic nation it is an acceptable tactic to use coercion to deny ratification of the results of a national vote to keep a man in power who had lost, believes that because they want to believe it, not because it is a reasonable thing to believe.

"Dems" aren't even pushing for this, at least not exclusively. Plenty of the people involved are Republicans, including those who pressed this lawsuit. And there are a surprising number of "liberal" turncoats arguing against this decision, including some of the most highly placed and highly visible Democratic politicians: President Biden, Gavin Newsom. But it would be reasonable for a Democrat or any other citizen to want a free and fair election. There should be Republican and Democrat and Green and Libertarian candidates on the ballot, and there will be. But there should be no one on the ballot who is unwilling to swear an oath of loyalty to this country and its laws in the exercise of their duties, or who has clearly demonstrated a fundamental unwillingness to honor such an oath.

That remains to be seen. But if Trump does run, you can always vote for the other guy and stand up for democracy.
My vote only counts if there are politicians willing to follow our election laws. If you think a vote matters, you should not be supporting Trump.

Enforcing the law is not cowardly. Trying to save our democracy is not cowardly. Preventing the most feckless, incompetent, dangerous, and ignorant piece of shit to have ever been allowed to set foot in the White House is not cowardly.

I won't bother to address the hypocrisy. I don't have the time to write a book and anyone possessing an intellect above that of a mopey 12 year old already knows about it anyway.

Back
Top Bottom