• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

SCOTUS Just Handed Trump A Key Victory That May Mean He Will Win

A “coup”. Such a drama queen.
And what do you call the brownshirts storming the Capital, if not a coup attempt?
Brownshirts? lol. The vegan shaman that cried? Have a fucking word with yourself.
A lot of these guys were actually wearing brown shirts, and proud of the symbolism. And it is the same violence the Nazi party did on it's way up.
Sure, Jan.
Yes. He’s right. That actually did happen.
Sure, Jan.

Why do you hate democracy so much?

If Trump is really as bad as what the legacy media and the Democratic party say, surely Trump has absolutely no chance of winning?
He may not. But he’s not above the law. And the courts ruling will let him escape justice.

I don’t believe for one second your concern is about Trump “escaping justice”.
Why not? I happen to believe in the rule of law. And it’s painfully obvious that Trump broke it. Why should he escape justice like this? A stupid delay just to give him a victory while avoiding the question. It’s disgusting. And cowardly to boot.
Cowardly? :hysterical: No, what is cowardly is the “democrats” doing all they can to keep a candidate off the ballot.
Totally disagree. Dems want trump removed from candidacy because it would be better for the country, but it will cost us. Haley would probably beat Biden. Trump running would drive much greater dem turnout. We’ll probably lose the house also. But it’s far better for the country to have Trump on the sidelines. Besides being an incompetent crook, he violated our election laws. He violated our constitution. He’s a danger to our system.
Better for the country? Says you, so you get decide? What about other people who disagree, they don’t get a say?

ffs, who’s is the fascist here?
Just look at Project 2025. They have announced an intention to engage in a palace coup and yet you want to elect him? You realize that if the QOP wins there will no longer be meaningful elections? You want to live in a theocracy?

You believe that opposing an illegal coup staged by an authoritarian is "fascism"?
A “coup”. Such a drama queen.

Behave yourself.
It was an attempt to overthrow the government of the US. There is such a thing as a palace coup--the government is overthrown from within rather than without. It can be completely bloodless.

Coup
noun

1. 1.
    a sudden, violent, and unlawful seizure of power from a government.
^ a good example would be “J6 was an attempted coup”.

But Swiz didn’t watch it so it didn’t happen. Only drama queens think it did.
Disagree.

A coup can be slow. The QOP has been maneuvering to do so for decades.

A coup need not be violent. Palace coups can be without a shot being fired. We also saw some nearly bloodless ones when Russia fell apart. (Yes, the Eastern European countries had coups. We see them as a good thing, the people liberated from an oppressor but that doesn't make them not a coup.)

The only absolute part is the unlawful seizure of power.

The GOP and the big multinational corporations that have most of the marbles are all in for Trump. Any word otherwise is just bluffing about a briar patch. I don’t watch broadcast news at home. But I just spent a few days at Dad’s side while he finished his Parkinson’s “journey”. Even with the door closed and his favorite music playing quietly we were treated to Fox News at max volume from the dying man across the hall.

(Dying in hospice is shitty enough. Spending your dying days alone watching Mike Pillow commercials; fuck that)

Anyway. Fox was nonstop ranting about election fraud, Hunter, and immigrant coming to get you. Meanwhile my brother’s house has network TV on in the mornings. It just a little about the weather, maybe some Ukraine, and then infotainment to push product. There is no counter to the propaganda. Fucking gets me every time I’m up here and there’s Hoda and Jenna and their nonstop infomercial.

You wouldn’t have to seek out reports in ProPublica and such to read about Supreme Court shenanigans and whatnot if anybody in the GOP or the multinationals that fund them didn’t want Trump and the fascism he represents to finish the job of getting labor, environmental, trade regulations out of their way. They got the McConnell-Ryan tax gift of 2017. They got the federal bench sewed up. They are almost across the finish line.

Hope they like living behind guarded walls. The world they are going to create is going to look like something out of an Atwood novel. Think “Year Of The Flood” or “The Heart Goes Last”.

A coup can be slow. The QOP has been maneuvering to do so for decades.
Oh, I fully agree. But it’s infinitely more difficult to convince people that a slow coup was a coup.
The Republicans who have been conducting their slow coup, have been fucked in the ass by Trump giving away the whole game and hollering the quiet part out loud.
Poor babies. Now they need to either “git ‘er done” right now and reinstall their halfwitted champion, or slink back under their rocks for another decade or few, so they can try again. Any half measures taken at this juncture could endanger their whole subversive program, and maybe even their freedom or lives.
So buckle up y’all - it’s about to get real.

Back
Top Bottom