• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Sen. Feinstein Claims She Received Info On Kavanaugh And Sent It To FBI

Let us take a look at the exchange:

So, in short, even before I reckoned that he lied about the meaning of "buffing", I said he lied.

Let me get this straight:

1. You thought it likely he lied.
2. You reckoned he lied.
3. You said he lied.

Correct?

So we're talking about a man you believe lied under oath to the Senate Judiciary Committee.

I said more than likely that he lied about something, or even about the meaning of "boofing". So, sure, that is correct.

Where is the evidence he lied about the meaning of "boofing"? Has anyone who attended his high school at the same time come forward and offered a different meaning? As someone who moved a lot growing up in the 80's and 90's, my experience is that every place/school had its local slang. On top of that, a group of friends would have their own words with special meanings, e.g., "Devil's Triangle." I understand that there is reference to urban dictionary, but that and the Internet did not exist when Kavanaugh was in high school. Using that to interpret the inscrutable slang of early 1980's high school students at a certain location is obviously very faulty and not at all reliable.

I said more than likely that he lied about something, or even about the meaning of "boofing". So, sure, that is correct.

Where is the evidence he lied about the meaning of "boofing"? Has anyone who attended his high school at the same time come forward and offered a different meaning? As someone who moved a lot growing up in the 80's and 90's, my experience is that every place/school had its local slang. On top of that, a group of friends would have their own words with special meanings, e.g., "Devil's Triangle." I understand that there is reference to urban dictionary, but that and the Internet did not exist when Kavanaugh was in high school. Using that to interpret the inscrutable slang of early 1980's high school students at a certain location is obviously very faulty and not at all reliable.

Where is the evidence? Are you really serious? We have an entire nation of people, and all around us, people from D.C., and elsewhere, are making it plain that boofing is either anal sex or anal consumption of alcohol. Yes, people came forward that it meant one of those things. That's why the whole boofing controversy started: people came forward that "farting" is not what the term meant.

QUIT YOUR BULLSHIT

Where is the evidence? Are you really serious? We have an entire nation of people, and all around us, people from D.C., and elsewhere, are making it plain that boofing is either anal sex or anal consumption of alcohol. Yes, people came forward that it meant one of those things. That's why the whole boofing controversy started: people came forward that "farting" is not what the term meant.

QUIT YOUR BULLSHIT

What people? Did they go to high school with Kavanaugh? How do that know what he and his friends meant when they used that phrase in 1982? QUIT YOUR BULLSHIT

Here's an example. When I went to a California middle school in the late 1980's, the word "skits" was used to say something was cool. In 2018, urban dictionary defines "skits" as "to do something a bit crazy" or to ejaculate. The sameness that present day technology imposes on us did not exist decades ago.

Here's an example. When I went to a California middle school in the late 1980's, the word "skits" was used to say something was cool. In 2018, urban dictionary defines "skits" as "to do something a bit crazy" or to ejaculate. The sameness that present day technology imposes on us did not exist decades ago.

While the meaning of words do change over time, I challenge you to cite a source that boofing ever meant anything else.

While the meaning of words do change over time, I challenge you to cite a source that boofing ever meant anything else.

Challenge accepted.

From ubran dictionary - definitions before 2018:

boofing
raising the bow of a kayak when going over a ledge or drop
Look at him boofing that rock to avoid the big hole.
#kayaking#boof#power stroke#waterfalls#holes#paddling
by VA_Paddler May 24, 2013

Boofing sex
Slang native to the Washington DC area, describing when a woman's vagina may not be P.H. Balanced, therefore resulting in her pussy having a rather pungent odor.
(EX) Person 1: Wassup Son, I saw you leave the club with that broad last night, did you fuck her?

Person 2: he'll nah son, she was boofing like shit.
Her pussy smelled like Zoo Dirt.
#boofin#bufin#funky#stank#queef
by @41ZoneEnt March 02, 2013

boofing
little known secret about lesbian sex: boofing is the official term for when two women's breasts rub together and create a farting noise.
Girl, last night I rubbed on Bianca's titties so hard they were boofing.
by christinaorso May 23, 2016

Boofing
To heck (have sex) with someone
hey Ron did you know that Becky was boofing Ben yesterday?

via giphy
by Tr4sh0 December 18, 2017

boofing drugs
To hog all the weed in a smoking session; to take too many pulls off a blunt at once.
Hey man, pass the weed stop boofing!
#weed#boofing#hogging#marijuana#smoking
by peachbutterfly09 January 08, 2014

Boofing
Boofing is a simple game of thrusting your genitals into another persons face, while doing so saying the words Boof! This means you have been boofed and you will have to boof them back.
georgie: (Thrusting her fanny in Andrews face) Boof! Boof!
Andrew: Arrr I have just been Boofed! I will have to Boof her

back.
georgie: I love Boofing!
#boofing#boof#boofed#georgie#thrusting
by Georgie & Poo bear August 16, 2011

Boofing
A term used when someone is being extra or acting recklessly. A synonym would be “wilding”.
Shawn: Mike stole a little kids bike.

Kennedy: Dang, he really boofing.
by Fratetrain November 08, 2017

boofing
The act of making a stupid decision, often cluelessly, not realizing you have made a stupid decision.
Son, Joe was boofing letting that hobo in the car.
#fooling#being stupid#discerning#thinking#boofin'
by CaptainOhWow August 08, 2015

boofing
the act of fornicating, usually the dirty kind. Or a sexual hook-up.
Where is Will and his girlfriend?
Adam: Probably boofing in my room.

also see boof & boofed
by Jacob 'da mackdaddy June 06, 2005

Boofing
1.Getting tweeked out and still staying cute with it.
Petaaaa And Myself Where boofing last night while watching T.V. on mute and listening to DeadMou5.
#[boofing#booofing#bufing#boofing#booooofing]
by Charlie&Petaa November 09, 2009

Boofing
To draw, or do something stupid.
Why is he doing all that smh he boofing.
by Pondino May 06, 2017

Boofing
Messing around, or playing games.
Those kids are boofing around overthere.
by Rcantu February 21, 2017

Boofing
The act of grinding heavily on a hairy face full of glass.
I was boofing on Tim's face and got glass in my butt.
by Dicksandercomander April 11, 2017

How do we know if any of these definitions were used by a group of friends at one particular high school in the early 1980's?

boofing drugs
The act of inserting drugs into the anus for a longer trip. Most often occurs at Disco Biscuits shows by spun-out kids on ketamine.
Dude I was so spun out at the Disco Biscuits show after we were boofing that ketamine!
#boof#boofin#special k#disco biscuits#ketamine
by Spun-Out DB Kid May 05, 2009

I suppose it's possible Kavanaugh's friend never farted before but I kinda' doubt it.

boofing drugs
The act of inserting drugs into the anus for a longer trip. Most often occurs at Disco Biscuits shows by spun-out kids on ketamine.
Dude I was so spun out at the Disco Biscuits show after we were boofing that ketamine!

I suppose it's possible Kavanaugh's friend never farted before but I kinda' doubt it.

And? You implied that there had only ever been one meaning for the term. Clearly, there are many. If urban dictionary existed in 1982, surely we have many more meanings. Yet there is no evidence, none, that Kavanaugh and his friends meant inserting drugs in their asses in 1982. I volley back to you to demonstrate that this is the meaning in use at his high school at that time. The whole "Kavanaugh lied" imbroglio hinges on you finding this out.

QUIT YOUR BULLSHIT

What people? Did they go to high school with Kavanaugh? How do that know what he and his friends meant when they used that phrase in 1982? QUIT YOUR BULLSHIT

It mean the same thing it did in all the other high schools. It's a reference to anal play, according to literally thousands of people , many of whom are BK's contemporaries. My JOB is to read shit and try and figure out what it means based on context, to build implementations of often poorly-described models. I read that, and my professional experience tells me it isn't farting; it doesn't it really context for it to have that meaning. Because he said it WAS farting, despite the contextual conflict, indicates that it is the common and scandalous definition and he was trying to hide something

So again, QUIT YOUR BULLSHIT

QUIT YOUR BULLSHIT

It mean the same thing it did in all the other high schools. It's a reference to anal play, according to literally thousands of people , many of whom are BK's contemporaries. My JOB is to read shit and try and figure out what it means based on context, to build implementations of often poorly-described models. I read that, and my professional experience tells me it isn't farting; it doesn't it really context for it to have that meaning. Because he said it WAS farting, despite the contextual conflict, indicates that it is the common and scandalous definition and he was trying to hide something

Again, you have no evidence he lied.

Absolutely untrue. "Have you boofed yet" as a yearbook question is contextually inappropriate to a discussion of farting, but rather to a rare or uncommon opportunity to do something 'of merit' within their social circle. Farting does not qualify. So he clearly lied.

Completely off topic here i know, but being down under here in sunny Western Australia I wasn't aware that 33 out of 50 US states have Republican governors.
Yup, right now. But it is likely true that at least 50 of them will know Kavanaugh lied about bragging about farting in the yearbook.

Absolutely untrue. "Have you boofed yet" as a yearbook question is contextually inappropriate to a discussion of farting, but rather to a rare or uncommon opportunity to do something 'of merit' within their social circle. Farting does not qualify. So he clearly lied.

What? You're reading way too much into that.

- - - Updated - - -

Completely off topic here i know, but being down under here in sunny Western Australia I wasn't aware that 33 out of 50 US states have Republican governors.
Yup, right now. But it is likely true that at least 50 of them will know Kavanaugh lied about bragging about farting in the yearbook.

Wow. An American teenager commented about farting. That just never happens. Never. Ever. Never. No one has ever found reference to flatulence to be humorous.

boofing drugs

And? You implied that there had only ever been one meaning for the term. Clearly, there are many. If urban dictionary existed in 1982, surely we have many more meanings. Yet there is no evidence, none, that Kavanaugh and his friends meant inserting drugs in their asses in 1982. I volley back to you to demonstrate that this is the meaning in use at his high school at that time. The whole "Kavanaugh lied" imbroglio hinges on you finding this out.

And I admit I was wrong. However, none of those you cited said it meant farting as Kavanaugh stated. We should probably stick with what he said.

- - - Updated - - -

Have you farted yet?

That question just doesn't work like the way Kavanaugh tried to make it out to be.

Yup. Even Angra admitted that after I proved it, just like you are proving it. It is unreasonable to think that both (1) BK has his own language for things that semantically does not work and (2) a dictionary definition of the term that fits semantically can be discounted. Therefore, he lied, meeting a burden of beyond reasonable doubt. Since he also was under oath, he perjured himself.

First, it is not the case that I admitted he committed perjury. I reckoned he did, on the basis of the available evidence. It was not an admission.

Second, I did not say I came back to "defend the character of your post". That is a misquote. Again, I'm arguing to defend my posts from misrepresentation, and myself from negative claims and implications about me. I thought I was done with this thread, and that was a relief frankly, but came back to set the record straight after your "Even Angra admitted he perjured himself."

Third, my coming back is not a red herring. What is important to me now (the reason I came back) is precisely what I said.

Fourth, how was the hearing a "sham"?

I reckoned he lied. I did not admit that. And the claim that I should not speak to that is unwarranted and false.

Jarhyn said:
IF you believe he lied, AT ANY POINT in the hearing, YOU believe he perjored himself
IF you then believe that perjury is not acceptable behavior for a judge, YOU believe BK is not worthy to be a judge.
IF you then believe BK is not worthy to be a judge, YOU believe the senate hearing was derelict in its duty to reject him.

So IF you believe that he lied, THEN you (ought) believe that senate hearing was derelict in its duty reject him.

So, DO you so believe that the senate was derelict in their duties?
The Senate is not a person. It has no moral duties. Individual Senators do. Whether they behaved immorally depends on the Senator. I would need conclusive evidence in each case. Did they all know that "boofing" not mean that? What would have happened if they had voted differently, in terms of consequences, and in their assessment? Probably, most behaved immorally, for different reasons.
If you mean legal duties, I do not know of any law that says Senators must not confirm candidates that commit perjury. If you know of one, please let me know, but as far as I can tell, there was no law breaking on the part of any of the Senators.

Wait, you accept that perjury isn't a disqualifier?

Never mind, you've already answered that.

Wait, you accept that Xi is worse than Deng?
Yes, I know you were not talking about Deng or Xi. But I was not talking about that in the post you are replying to.

- - - Updated - - -

Jarhyn said:
Yes, the senate as a body DOES have ethical obligations, because it is composed of a communicative network partially responsible in aggregate for driving a body towards improved internal and external function with respect to other groups. Where, exactly, do you think consciousness comes from if not through existing as an interaction between communicative bodies, ones which are fundamentally responsible in aggregate for driving a body towards improved internal and external function with respect towards other groups...

Both exist as minds. Just because you don't have the experience of its consciousness does not mean that the entity doesn't exist, it just means that your existence is not exactly the existence of that whole.
No, the Senate does not have ethical obligations, because it does not have a mind. As for where consciousness come from, I'm agnostic on the matter.

Maybe panpsychism is true, and there is some tiny bit of mind going all the way down (to some basic level if there is one), and then particles and stuff can combine with each other either combining their minds as well (e.g., working human brain), or not (e.g., dead human brain, in which case there would be a zillion mini-minds). Or maybe not. What do I know?

But even if we don't have a full theory, it seems clear to me we can tell that some things, entities, etc., have minds, and others do not. The US Senate does not have a mind, or moral obligations. Are you seriously suggesting that there is a mind of the Senate - i.e., a mind over and above the minds of the individual senators - with the complexity and other features required to be a moral agent.

Let's consider the following scenario: Suppose that a Constitutional Amendment abolishing the Senate is proposed, on the basis that a more democratic legislature is better - for whatever reason. Would such an amendment amount to the killing of a person, namely the Senate?
It does not look at all like a realistic possibility. But if you think that the Senate behaved immorally, what punishment do you think the Senate deserves, and how do you propose the Senate could be punished without punishing innocent Senators?

Yup. Even Angra admitted that after I proved it, just like you are proving it. It is unreasonable to think that both (1) BK has his own language for things that semantically does not work and (2) a dictionary definition of the term that fits semantically can be discounted. Therefore, he lied, meeting a burden of beyond reasonable doubt. Since he also was under oath, he perjured himself.
That is not true. I did not admit that. I agreed with you on that, but that was not an admission, because I was not arguing against that.
me said:
Don2 (Don1 Revised) said:
Kavanaugh was guilty of perjury beyond a reasonable doubt.
Do you have a specific matter in mind, or are you saying that there is conclusive evidence that he lied about something?
If the former, maybe. I haven't looked at all of the details, but if you want to provide the relevant links, I will take a look.
If the latter, I agree. That would not be enough for a conviction due to lack of identification of the specific lie, but it is enough to say that he committed perjury (adding several probable or very probable lies, a statement that is almost certainly a lie when conditioned to the other statement not being so, etc., can get one to "certainly at least one lie" without being able to identify the lie)
So, in short, even before I reckoned that he lied about the meaning of "boofing" (more accurately, he said "boofed", but I'm talking about the meaning of the verb), I said he lied. As for specific instances, I said I hadn't looked at the details, but I would if you provided the relevant links. You provided evidence you thought established conclusively that he lied. In most cases, I reckoned the evidence was insufficient. But in the case of the meaning of "boofed", I reckoned it was sufficient. But I had not denied or implied he had not lied about the meaning of "boofed". Rather, I had said "If the former, maybe. I haven't looked at all of the details, but if you want to provide the relevant links, I will take a look.". Since I was saying I hadn't looked at the details, the fact that on that particular point (i.e., whether he lied about the meaning of "boofed"), after looking at the details, I ended up agreeing with you, does not make my assessment an admission.

Last edited:
Trausti said:
It is not that we know for sure what it meant, but that it does not seem to make sense in context that it meant farting.

Regarding people who attended his high school, David Enrich (NYT) says:

https://twitter.com/davidenrich/status/1045416955522535425?ref_src=twsrc^tfw

Enrich said:
Based on extensive interviews by me and @katekelly with Kavanaugh's former Georgetown Prep classmates, what he just said about the meanings of "boofed" and "Devil's Triangle" is not true.
Unfortunately, he does not get into greater details (at least as far as I've seen), and the evidence provided by their investigation (they did investigate) is to some extent undermined by some counterevidence supporting the hypothesis that "Devil's Triangle" did mean what Kavanaugh said it meant (e.g., https://observer.com/2018/10/brett-...y-devils-triangle-really-was-a-drinking-game/). However, in the case of "boofed", there is no similar counter evidence that I could find (just the general undermining resulting from the "Devil's Triangle" case), and moreover, there is the problem that it did not seem to make sense if 'to boof' meant 'to fart'. I don't know what exactly "boofed" meant, but this seems to be a clear case of lying, because regardless of what it meant, it was not "farted".

ETA: There is at least one former room mate who has come forward and said that he lied about "boofed", "Devil's Triangle", and about not passing out from drinking.

https://edition.cnn.com/2018/10/03/politics/yale-roommate-kavanaugh-cnntv/index.html
https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2018/10/brett-kavanaugh-college-roommate-jamie-roche.html

However, a single witness is not decisive - and contradicts evidence against it in the case of "Devil's Triangle". The "extensive interviews" carried out by Enrich and Kelly carry more weight, though they're also weakened by the facts that Enrich and Kelly have not provided details (and the points made above). Yet, it remains the case that the use of "boofed" to mean 'farted' does not seem to make any sense.

Last edited:

Well, Republicans have this sneaky little trick that they use. When elections come around, they actually go out and vote instead of staying at home and then bitching about the results later. It's fairly dirty pool on their part.

Not to mention gerrymandering when they control the state-houses.

Well, Republicans have this sneaky little trick that they use. When elections come around, they actually go out and vote instead of staying at home and then bitching about the results later. It's fairly dirty pool on their part.

Not to mention gerrymandering when they control the state-houses.

Don’t forget purging voters rolls in minority neighborhoods which trend democratic and other voter suppression tactic.

Tom is right: old people tend to vote more than young people. And are more likely to be Republican.

Back
Top Bottom