• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

SF School Board Cancels Washington, Lincoln, Jefferson...and Dianne Feinstein?

Conservatives once again interpret "not being given special honors" as "erasure".

And I wonder sometimes, which of them are doing it to manipulate others into thinking something has happened that's bigger than reality was, and which of them are doing it because for the first time in their existence someone is talking back to them and it is excruciating to them. And which ones are feeling the latter and launching the former to try to make their pain felt by others.

Yeah, it's bad enough when the darkies get uppity, but when white people get uppity, dishonoring their heritage and imperiling the primacy of all the other white people, THAT is unforgivable for the snowflakes. I think that "feeling the latter and launching the former" is what most of the sound and fury is about.
As Poli points out, they get rather unhinged when the propaganda they have feasted upon all their lives is called into question. The incontrovertible nature of facts like 'Washington perpetrated genocide' poses even more of a threat than the fact that Washington didn't want America to be a monarchy or a dictatorship.
White people were raised without any awareness of the human consequences of the conquest of the Americas by Europeans. They were definitely taught that representative government was a good thing - but only as long as THEY are the ones being represented to the exclusion of the dreaded "others". When those others start getting representation, maybe it's time to make a change from representative government. Surely Washington would have approved.

Conservatives once again interpret "not being given special honors" as "erasure".

And I wonder sometimes, which of them are doing it to manipulate others into thinking something has happened that's bigger than reality was, and which of them are doing it because for the first time in their existence someone is talking back to them and it is excruciating to them. And which ones are feeling the latter and launching the former to try to make their pain felt by others.

Yeah, it's bad enough when the darkies get uppity, but when white people get uppity, dishonoring their heritage and imperiling the primacy of all the other white people, THAT is unforgivable for the snowflakes. I think that "feeling the latter and launching the former" is what most of the sound and fury is about. As Poli points out, they get rather unhinged when the propaganda they have feasted upon all their lives is called into question. The incontrovertible nature of facts like Washington perpetrated genocide poses even more of a threat than the fact that Washington didn't want America to be a monarchy or a dictatorship. They were raised without any awareness of the human consequences of the conquest of the Americas by Europeans. They were definitely taught that representative government was a good thing - but only as long as THEY are the ones being represented to the exclusion of the dreaded "others". When those others start getting representation, maybe it's time to make a change from representative government.

What we really look for are "fellow white people" they are the most dangerous.

What we really look for are "fellow white people" they are the most dangerous.

Right, it used to be easy to keep them in line; let them lynch some black people. It makes them feel better. But now, that is frowned upon by the lib'ruls. Again, the solution is to do away with representative government.

Cool. Now they can get to the important stuff, which bathroom the blokes in skirts and makeup can use and what teams they can play on.

But in this case it actually is taking away something that had been given.

I’m sure the GOP will say that liberals will next ask to have George chiseled off of Mount Rushmore. And maybe they will.

Purity tests for any honors at all?
Mt. Rushmore shouldn't even exist... It's an illegal art project on contested land that became a taxpayer-funded money sieve.

White people were raised without any awareness of the human consequences of the conquest of the Americas by Europeans.
It's not just about "conquest"; some of the events they are trying to cover up didn't occur all that long ago in the grand scheme of things, and they know it. My great-grandmother was born on the floor of a blacksmith's shop in Ninnekah, OK, on a homestead that her grandfather had stolen from the great Chickasaw Nation not fifteen years earlier. She married a man whose grandfather had fought at the massacre of Sand Creek, and whose 2nd-great-grandfather was a slave owner. I think a lot of people are more conscious than they let on that their family history involves theft, enslavement, genocide. They either know or suspect, and it's one of the reasons they are so paranoid about poking the bear. They will screech about any hint of being made to "feel guilty" about their family history, because they know deep down that there is probably something there to be ashamed of, and do not want to have that confirmed.

When this school board gets around to picking out new names for these schools, maybe there will some eye opening horror. But until then, should anyone really give a shite?

Regardless of whether renaming these schools is a good idea, the idea that changing the names is cancelling the previous honoree is idiotic since, as many posters have pointed out, the history is still there.

When this school board gets around to picking out new names for these schools, maybe there will some eye opening horror. But until then, should anyone really give a shite?

Regardless of whether renaming these schools is a good idea, the idea that changing the names is cancelling the previous honoree is idiotic since, as many posters have pointed out, the history is still there.

Take MLK's name off of all schools and by that logic and the history will still be there.

Sounds like they are simply getting rid of controversial names.

Getting rid of names just because some extremists object to them is never a good idea.
Also, there are other names that are controversial. Malcolm Little (aka the tenth) was an actual racist and Islamist who was part of Nation of Islam. And yet he gets to stay and Washington and Lincoln get the boot? Give me a break!

As I pointed out, the President of the SF NAACP doesn't like it. Mayor London Breed is pissed off about it. She's certainly not conservative. A lot of the pushback is coming from the liberal citizens of SF.

There is a big difference between liberals and illiberal cultural Marxists that seem to be dominating the SF school board and that are also active on this thread.

As Poli points out, they get rather unhinged

It is not the side critical of SF that is "unhinged".

Right, it used to be easy to keep them in line; let them lynch some black people. It makes them feel better. But now, that is frowned upon by the lib'ruls. Again, the solution is to do away with representative government.

You are equating criticism of SF policies with lynching, and you the fucking nerve to call others "unhinged"?

It's not just about "conquest"; some of the events they are trying to cover up didn't occur all that long ago in the grand scheme of things, and they know it. My great-grandmother was born on the floor of a blacksmith's shop in Ninnekah, OK, on a homestead that her grandfather had stolen from the great Chickasaw Nation
Wars of conquest have existed throughout history. Why is it only that US vs. Indians is depicted as "stealing" but not say Turkey conquering Constantinople? Do you consider Turks living on stolen land or just Americans?

Take MLK's name off of all schools and by that logic and the history will still be there.
Merely suggesting MLKs name (or Malcolm Little's) should be stripped from schools would be considered "racist".
Removing names of some honkeys is "progressive" though, and you are racist (and would like to lynch blacks according to Elixir) if you disagree.

Getting rid of names just because some extremists object to them is never a good idea.
Also, there are other names that are controversial. Malcolm Little (aka the tenth) was an actual racist and Islamist who was part of Nation of Islam. And yet he gets to stay and Washington and Lincoln get the boot? Give me a break!

It is not about racism, it is about a power struggle and for me as a white man there will no more guilt from me. Malcolm X was a truly great man who was not on his knees to whites and jews at the end. The movie directed by Spike Lee and produced by a jewish man, Marvin Worth, who hid this from the public.

Malcolm X had a pretty famous falling out with the Nation of Islam...

White people were raised without any awareness of the human consequences of the conquest of the Americas by Europeans.
Um, seriously? I went to school with a lot of white people, we were all taught about the human consequences of the conquest of the Americas by Europeans.

They were definitely taught that representative government was a good thing - but only as long as THEY are the ones being represented to the exclusion of the dreaded "others". When those others start getting representation, maybe it's time to make a change from representative government. Surely Washington would have approved.

Now you are just making shit up. No one is taught that. The expansion of representation is pretty much universally taught as a good thing in public schools, and in practically private schools for that matter.

Back
Top Bottom