• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Shooting in Munich, let me guess who is responsoible

The article just says he wasn't ISIS. He was still Iranian, thus likely Shiite, and would not exactly be ISIS' target demographic. That does not mean he wasn't an Islamist terrorist, especially since one eyewitness says he yelled "Allahu Akhbar". Iranian theocracy is one of the biggest, if not the biggest, state sponsors of terrorism.

It's like seeing an article saying a Protestant bomber in Northern Ireland wasn't IRA and concluding the bombing therefore could not have anything to do with the Troubles. Plenty of Iranian-backed terrorist outfits out there.

P.S.: This also shows the dangers Islamic terrorism poses in the 2nd generation and probably beyond.
P.P.S.: MSNBC has been pushing the "he must have been a right-wing Neo-Nazi" narrative all day yesterday. They must be having a major sad today. Reminds me of the idiocy trying to make the Baton Rouge shooter into some sort of right wing Trump supporter when in reality he was a black supremacist.

He was Iranian. He yelled "Allahu Akhbar". Just because he wasn't ISIS does not mean he wasn't an Islamist.

He was German. His profile fits many US mass shooting perpetrator profiles: depression, isolation, and a suicidal tendency to go out "in a blaze of infamy". Nothing here points to religion.

- - - Updated - - -

You guessed poorly.
That's why it's called "guess"

So you'll be more careful in the future? I knew you were early in your assessment, but wanted to let the story come out. You may have been spot on.

He was German. His profile fits many US mass shooting perpetrator profiles: depression, isolation, and a suicidal tendency to go out "in a blaze of infamy". Nothing here points to religion.

- - - Updated - - -

You guessed poorly.
That's why it's called "guess"

So you'll be more careful in the future? I knew you were early in your assessment, but wanted to let the story come out. You may have been spot on.

guess
ɡɛs/
verb
verb: guess; 3rd person present: guesses; past tense: guessed; past participle: guessed; gerund or present participle: guessing

estimate or conclude (something) without sufficient information to be sure of being correct

He was German.
He was Iranian born in Germany. 2nd generation Muslim immigrants tend to be more radical than their parents. Some of the Paris attackers were also born in Europe. That does not make these attacks "right wing neo-Nazi" attacks.
Who is Salah Abdeslam and who were the Paris terrorists? Everything we know about the Isil attackers

His profile fits many US mass shooting perpetrator profiles: depression, isolation, and a suicidal tendency to go out "in a blaze of infamy".
It also fits the profile of many who are radicalized into Islamic terrorism.

Nothing here points to religion.
Because Islam has nothing to do with Islam. :rolleyes:

He was Iranian born in Germany. ...
That makes him German. At this writing, one person reports hearing him say Allah Akhbar. Numerous witnesses report him saying "I am German". So it is bit early for rational people interested in the facts and the truth to jump to the conclusion that he was Muslim or that he was inspired by Islam or Islamic terrorists. He may have been, but why not wait until there is actual evidence to support such a conclusion?

I read that he pretended to be a young girl, then sent a Facebook invite to some people to meet him at the McDonald's. That's so specific it has me wondering if there is something to it in regard to motivation, like maybe he was after predators? Or maybe he had specific targets in mind, like some fellow Muslim teens in the neighborhood who had been bullying him. In 2012, he was the victim of an assault crime. Some of the victims were also Albanian and some Turkish.

ok, sense of isolation makes sense when he said "I am german" seems like he was reacting to feeling like he didn't belong or to someone (probably a right winger) that we hear on audio calling him a dark foreigner asshole.

Sounds like the "Supreme Gentleman" Elliot Rodger. If so, the timing of 5th anniversary of the Norway massacre may have played a part.

this-is-hasan-he-was-born-in-sweden-hasan-is-swedish-muslim-this-is-misho-he-was-born-in-an-aqua.jpg

I read that he pretended to be a young girl, then sent a Facebook invite to some people to meet him at the McDonald's. That's so specific it has me wondering if there is something to it in regard to motivation, like maybe he was after predators? Or maybe he had specific targets in mind, like some fellow Muslim teens in the neighborhood who had been bullying him. In 2012, he was the victim of an assault crime. Some of the victims were also Albanian and some Turkish.
So he was bullied by other german muslims in school?

Starting to think there should a 48 hour rule of not having threads on these events until more data comes out.

But kind of surprised that there was a Facebook post very early on saying it was Ali Sonboly, and that was borne out.

So he was bullied by other german muslims in school?

That was a guess as I do not have info on who assaulted him.

HOWEVER, the girl's name was Selina Akim. That's a Muslim-sounding name and so you'd expect many of her followers to be Muslims. And some of the victims sound like they could be Muslim based on where they came from: Turkey and Albania/Kosovo.

36868A3F00000578-0-image-a-1_1469262970091.jpg

My German is rusty, but on the left it seems to say "Hi, my other account was closed, it was hacked there." And on the right "Come today at 4pm to MickeyD's at OEZ. I will buy you something if you want but not too expensive."

Back
Top Bottom