• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Shooting in Munich, let me guess who is responsoible

No it doesn't.
Okay, being born and raised in Germany makes him German, regardless when the racist German nationality laws were changed.

Somehow, I think that many concentration camp victims would agree with you. I even know one whose citizenship was not given to her legally after getting out. As her parents were from a non-existent Ukraine also with different laws, she literally had no legal nationality.

So he was bullied by other german muslims in school?

That was a guess as I do not have info on who assaulted him.

HOWEVER, the girl's name was Selina Akim. That's a Muslim-sounding name and so you'd expect many of her followers to be Muslims. And some of the victims sound like they could be Muslim based on where they came from: Turkey and Albania/Kosovo.

36868A3F00000578-0-image-a-1_1469262970091.jpg

My German is rusty, but on the left it seems to say "Hi, my other account was closed, it was hacked there." And on the right "Come today at 4pm to MickeyD's at OEZ. I will buy you something if you want but not too expensive."

...and here's some more that I just found:
Seven of nine dead victims were teens, including three aged just 14, and 27 people were injured. They were 13, 15, 17, 19, 20, 45, and 18, with the rest of the ages yet to be released.
Officers also found he had a book, Why Kids Kill: Inside The Minds of School Shooters, in his bag when he started firing at helpless children who tried to run away.

He complained that had been bullied for seven years after he fired his weapon during the massacre which started in the fast food restaurant.
Sonboly was born Germany to a mother and father who had fled from Iran in the 1990s.
His father, Masoud, ran an upmarket taxi firm using a BMW series 7 limousine that he is said to have washed and waxed every week.
Sonboly's mother is said to have worked as a sales assistant in the Karstadt department store in the city.
He was put through a trade school in his early teenage years when it became apparent he was unlikely to complete the standard German Abitur exams.
But he ended up failing at his school too, blaming bullying by 'Turkish and Arabic' schoolmates as being the reason for his poor educational performance.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...revenge-tormentors-one-day.html#ixzz4FG7ANqQs

and this regarding victim identities:
A group of teenage friends was among those killed in Friday afternoon’s shooting at a Munich shopping centre.

Friends posted tributes on the Facebook profiles of Sabina Sulaj, Can Leyla, Selcuk Kilic and Armela Segashi, all aged between 14 and 15.

German media said that Armela and Sabina, both of Kosovo-Albanian descent, were close childhood friends. Can, a boy of Turkish descent, was a friend of Sabina’s; Selcuk and Can also knew each other well.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...man-iranian-gunman-targeted-children-outside/

No it doesn't.
Okay, being born and raised in Germany makes him German,
Morally, yes.

regardless when the racist German nationality laws were changed.
If you want to call them that, suit yourself; but you should be aware that jus soli is rare outside of the Americas. Until recently there were no first world countries at all that recognized birth within their borders as grounds for citizenship, except the U.S. and Canada. If you want to call Germany racist for that, you're calling pretty much the whole Old World racist. Germany is an early adopter; it deserves praise.

Okay, being born and raised in Germany makes him German,
Morally, yes.

regardless when the racist German nationality laws were changed.
If you want to call them that, suit yourself; but you should be aware that jus soli is rare outside of the Americas. Until recently there were no first world countries at all that recognized birth within their borders as grounds for citizenship, except the U.S. and Canada. If you want to call Germany racist for that, you're calling pretty much the whole Old World racist. Germany is an early adopter; it deserves praise.

And of course the whole Old World was/is racist. Just as the New World was and is. Look around, read some history. Being racist is the normal human state, just as much as being aggressive and predatory is, whatever the PC line may say. That is not to say that we should not strive to change these attitudes.

both sides of any argument regarding ethnicity of any sort find times when the want to ignore or focus on ethnicity or citizenship. We all do it.

That was a guess as I do not have info on who assaulted him.

HOWEVER, the girl's name was Selina Akim. That's a Muslim-sounding name and so you'd expect many of her followers to be Muslims. And some of the victims sound like they could be Muslim based on where they came from: Turkey and Albania/Kosovo.

36868A3F00000578-0-image-a-1_1469262970091.jpg

My German is rusty, but on the left it seems to say "Hi, my other account was closed, it was hacked there." And on the right "Come today at 4pm to MickeyD's at OEZ. I will buy you something if you want but not too expensive."

Seven of nine dead victims were teens, including three aged just 14, and 27 people were injured. They were 13, 15, 17, 19, 20, 45, and 18, with the rest of the ages yet to be released.
Officers also found he had a book, Why Kids Kill: Inside The Minds of School Shooters, in his bag when he started firing at helpless children who tried to run away.

He complained that had been bullied for seven years after he fired his weapon during the massacre which started in the fast food restaurant.
Sonboly was born Germany to a mother and father who had fled from Iran in the 1990s.
His father, Masoud, ran an upmarket taxi firm using a BMW series 7 limousine that he is said to have washed and waxed every week.
Sonboly's mother is said to have worked as a sales assistant in the Karstadt department store in the city.
He was put through a trade school in his early teenage years when it became apparent he was unlikely to complete the standard German Abitur exams.
But he ended up failing at his school too, blaming bullying by 'Turkish and Arabic' schoolmates as being the reason for his poor educational performance.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...revenge-tormentors-one-day.html#ixzz4FG7ANqQs

A group of teenage friends was among those killed in Friday afternoon’s shooting at a Munich shopping centre.

Friends posted tributes on the Facebook profiles of Sabina Sulaj, Can Leyla, Selcuk Kilic and Armela Segashi, all aged between 14 and 15.

German media said that Armela and Sabina, both of Kosovo-Albanian descent, were close childhood friends. Can, a boy of Turkish descent, was a friend of Sabina’s; Selcuk and Can also knew each other well.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...man-iranian-gunman-targeted-children-outside/

Let's not miss the Sunni/Shia angle. We westerners may paint all Muslims as monolithic. But that Sunni/Shia divide means a lot to them. Can't understand the Syrian civil war without it. Sunni teenagers picking on a Shiite kid, and he lashing out, seems very plausible. Which I guess is one of the benefits of multiculturism; foreigners bring their home conflicts with them. Hurrah!

Let's not miss the Sunni/Shia angle. We westerners may paint all Muslims as monolithic. But that Sunni/Shia divide means a lot to them.

Then the expectation due to randomness would be randomly aged people from the other sect. Instead, he tried to shoot specific people at the Mickey D's, leaving a young boy alone who saw him loading a gun in the bathroom, not killing employees, then only killing a 45 year old, probably out of necessity when you consider just how many teens were killed.

Trausti said:
Can't understand the Syrian civil war without it. Sunni teenagers picking on a Shiite kid, and he lashing out, seems very plausible. Which I guess is one of the benefits of multiculturism; foreigners bring their home conflicts with them. Hurrah!

If we assume that's true, then it still isn't Islamist terrorism, it's seeking murderous revenge over his own life.

This is not to say that I'm trying to defend a theory because I'm not. I only submitted a guess. You just haven't disproved a guess.

more and more an Elliot Rodger type situation... But with Turks the object of his rage not women.

Then the expectation due to randomness would be randomly aged people from the other sect. Instead, he tried to shoot specific people at the Mickey D's, leaving a young boy alone who saw him loading a gun in the bathroom, not killing employees, then only killing a 45 year old, probably out of necessity when you consider just how many teens were killed.

It's not necessary that it's random though. Imagine a Jewish kid who attends a Catholic school (I've actually known a couple) is being picked on because he's Jewish - and due to that he lashes out at his attackers with a knife*

The Jewish kid may not have animosity to all Catholics, and could be discriminate in who he attacks, but surely we could recognize that the sectarian conflict is a driving motivator in the bullying.

*Completely fictitious event - not dramatizing anything that happened to those two individuals

I'm fascinated by the way American racist nutters believe all apparent truth is a dark Muslim plot compared with their paranoid fantasies. Weird!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom