• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Should this "Karen" be locked up for falsely accusing an innocent Black?

And you believed that?

Well, if you insist on derailing...
Why wouldn't I? It was reported by local news covering the court proceedings. Now it's on Wikipedia.
And frankly, it's more plausible than than the common narrative about a blood thirsty killer looking for a black man to murder.

And let me repeat something. I'm not justifying how Chauvin handled it. He clearly screwed up royally.
Tom

Are you claustrophobic? If someone did that to me I would react in an even worse way.

He was in a car when this started.
Tom

Are you claustrophobic? If someone did that to me I would react in an even worse way.

Tom

I know. The whole thing is a terrible affair.

Floyd was a criminal, and yet that cop should have acted differently. If someone had their knee on my neck and I was face down, I would probably not be able to remain calm for more than perhaps five or ten seconds.

Tom

I know. The whole thing is a terrible affair.

Floyd was a criminal, and yet that cop should have acted differently. If someone had their knee on my neck and I was face down, I would probably not be able to remain calm for more than perhaps five or ten seconds.

I totally agree with this.
Tom

Reactions: WAB
New video shows woman attacking teen she falsely accused of stealing her iPhone at Soho hotel

Authorities in New York City released parts of a security camera video Wednesday showing a woman rushing at and attempting to tackle the 14-year-old son of jazz musician Keyon Harrold who she falsely accused of stealing her iPhone that she left in an Uber.

The 10-second clip shows the woman tackling Keyon Harrold Jr. and encircling her arms around him on Saturday in the lobby of the Arlo Soho, an upscale, boutique hotel in New York where Harrold and his son were guests, the hotel said.

The New York City Police Department said Tuesday that the teen's father “sustained scratches to his hand.” No other injuries were reported.

Police said they are searching for the woman and have “positively identified” her, but have not publicly identified her. The incident was not being investigated as a bias incident, according to police. Harrold and his son are Black and have suggested that racial bias played a role in the incident.

Video in the link.

Her level of self-entitlement is shocking. She gets the hotel manager to act as her investigator all based on her word alone. She claims with no evidence another guest stole her phone and demands he prove his innocence. It's just an iphone. She doesn't call the phone. She doesn't retrace her steps. When her argument is refuted she gets antsy like she's on drugs. She keeps crossing a line past the hotel manager where he told her to stand back. She attacks the boy in order to try to get his phone. Then she lies that she is the one was assaulted even though cameras from multiple angles show she did it.

In regards to the op question of whether she should be locked up, I don't think it's a physically serious assault (maybe mentally) and if it's a first offense or a second, I don't think she should be jailed. That's a bit extreme. She maybe should be in an anger management program or diversion/rehabilitation with therapy/medication/ some kind of education about her sense of entitlement. Hypothetically...if she were generally a good person and was just having a really bad day where she flipped out, it starts to become understandable...but if that were true, then why was she lying about it after having a chance to calm down that she was the one assaulted? Where's the remorse? Therefore, barring some very unexpected other evidence such as an additional camera angle and earlier video of her being assaulted first that we haven't seen yet, I think she should be charged with assault and put in one of those accelerated rehabilitation programs.

Miya Ponsetto, 22 year old California resident, former cheerleader. Simi Valley.

Instagram:
https://www.instagram.com/miya_baby212/

Check out her comment about haters and who she follows: Arlo hotels, A LOT OF Trumps, kardashians, Proud Boys, but also one for BLM. Just one. Not sure what to make of that.

Info from heavy.com:
https://heavy.com/news/miya-ponsetto/

Online records show Ponsetto was arrested twice in 2020. She was charged on September 1 in West Los Angeles by the California Highway Patrol with driving while her license was suspended and failure to obey traffic lanes. She was previously charged on February 28 with public intoxication after an incident at LAX airport.

Traffic violations are normal. Also, she had gotten in trouble for being behind in her rent. I think this is normal for economically disadvantaged persons and so when she was driving with her license suspended this may also have been normal if she couldn't afford to pay for things with her car in order to get her license renewed. MAYBE. On the other hand, public intoxication seems unusual and given her license suspension may indicate a drug/alcohol problem. Also MAYBE. Given that she's just 22, it's maybe just the recklessness of youth. Maybe it's nothing but she does have a record not for assaults, though.

Edited to Add:
I have also found her ask.fm account which I don't think many other people found. I registered to see very disturbing sexual harassment directed at her by many peer posters. I mean, she's got tons of questions asked of her. About half are about attractiveness and many are inappropriate, instead of about other things.

I didn't see anything that said she was racist but it seems like the posts are from a few years back when she was a senior or just graduated, maybe.

There were two interesting things I'd like to bring to your attention...

In one post she claimed to have Italian, Greek, Puerto Rican, and Vietnamese ancestry.

In another, she gets the question: "If you could change one thing about yourself what would it be?" She responds, "how easily annoyed I am and my anger."

https://ask.fm/miyatayy

She doesn't call the phone. She doesn't retrace her steps. When her argument is refuted she gets antsy like she's on drugs. She keeps crossing a line past the hotel manager where he told her to stand back.

I'm no mindreader, but I think this is the problem. She was high.

Drug addled people usually exhibit bad judgement. Which she did, in spades. Now, she seems to be in hiding.
She left her phone in a taxi. Then attacked a kid because he had a similar device, when she was too drug addled to take her phone with her from the car.

Yeah, that looks like drug addled behavior to me. I could be wrong.
Tom

She doesn't call the phone. She doesn't retrace her steps. When her argument is refuted she gets antsy like she's on drugs. She keeps crossing a line past the hotel manager where he told her to stand back.

I'm no mindreader, but I think this is the problem. She was high.

Drug addled people usually exhibit bad judgement. Which she did, in spades. Now, she seems to be in hiding.
She left her phone in a taxi. Then attacked a kid because he had a similar device, when she was too drug addled to take her phone with her from the car.

Yeah, that looks like drug addled behavior to me. I could be wrong.
Tom

No. No. I've seen this a number of times and none of them were high.

-My neighbor who stomped around like a lunatic about my landscaping while her brother and I tried in vain to appease her and her sister-in-law rolled her eyes at the spectacle.
-My sister who displayed a frightening level of paranoia when I attempted to help her execute our mother's will.
-A former student who after transferring from the Chicago area to San Diego was just absolutely beside herself with woe trying to solve a minor banking issue.
-A shipmate who prior to deployment, after being told her baby was not the navy's problem by the Legal Office absolutely broke down all over the front of my khakis in the passageway.
Just to name a few.

It is not fair to attribute an extreme emotional outburst to drug use, especially among inexperienced youth.

New details emerge about ‘Soho Karen’ Miya Ponsetto’s penchant for going berserk in hotels

Hotels are apparently a favored stomping ground for the so-called “Soho Karen” who falsely accused a black teen of stealing her iPhone in a violent, caught-on-video confrontation in Manhattan.

It turns out that 10 months before she allegedly went berserk in a Soho lobby on the day after Christmas, Miya Ponsetto, 22, was busted in February after she and her mom allegedly caused a disturbance at the Peninsula Hotel in Beverly Hills by refusing to leave, according to TMZ.

The Post detailed that California criminal case against Ponsetto and her mom Nicole, who were slapped with public intoxication charges in the incident.

But TMZ’s account adds new details.

Hotel staff had asked the women to leave, and called the cops when the pair refused — only to have Nicole Ponsetto allegedly assault an officer, pushing and kicking the cop, TMZ reported.

The mom faces an additional charge of battery on a police officer and both women are due in court later this month.

The incident apparently did little to scare Ponsetto straight — just a day after she was charged with public intoxication for the Peninsula Hotel incident, on May 27, she was slapped with a drunken driving charge in Los Angeles County, where she pleaded no contest, TMZ said.

“She was a popular girl, one of the cheerleaders, a grade older than me” at Simi Valley High School in California, another former student told The Post Saturday.

She wouldn’t even look your way if she thought you weren’t important or if you didn’t have money,” said the ex-student, Vannessa Stoerchle, now of Phoenix.

“But I was really surprised to see this,” she said.

“Weird to see someone in high school who was a popular girl end up this way. Never thought Miya would end up racially profiling some one like that,” she added.

She was one of those girls who seemed to have everything handed to her.

Emphasis added.

Seems to be very superficial when you see this but also in concert with all her Kardashian and Trump following on social media.

I think she was taught to be a narcissist.

I could be wrong, but this is how it seems for now without other information.

^^ This past behavior, along with her Soho incident tells me she's just a "bad seed". Which is why I tend get pretty annoyed when the race card comes out before we really know who she really is.

^^ This past behavior, along with her Soho incident tells me she's just a "bad seed". Which is why I tend get pretty annoyed when the race card comes out before we really know who she really is.

Without the race card there is no story. If you’re white, you ain’t right.

What makes you think we know who she really is?

She assaulted him, so she's in big trouble. At this point, I'm not seeing racism, so at this point I'm seeing that card as being overplayed. Perhaps something more will come out, but I haven't heard it yet.

Where did I say we really know who she is?

The part where you called her a 'bad seed.'

Who someone is is not merely what their name, address, SS# are.

We think we know who someone is by a single incident, filled in by someone who knew her in high school?

I can tell you for certain that if you polled my high school, among those who knew me back then or 'knew me' you'd get a vastly different take on who I was/what kind of person I was. Mostly you'd get Who??????

We think we know who someone is by a single incident, filled in by someone who knew her in high school?

It's not a single incident. It's a pattern.

It includes assault, drugs(which includes alcohol), her mother, and hotels.

Perhaps there's also racism to consider. Perhaps not.
Tom

She assaulted him, so she's in big trouble. At this point, I'm not seeing racism, so at this point I'm seeing that card as being overplayed. Perhaps something more will come out, but I haven't heard it yet.

Honestly, if I were the guy and his son, I hope I'd tell the cops "I won't press charges if she gets psychiatric care, whether she wants it or not."

I'm not sure if I would. I'm a bit hot headed. I'd like to think I would though, because I see that as the right thing to do. With the clarity of hindsight.
Tom

Where did I say we really know who she is?
If you don't really know her, why should anyone take your opinion that she is a "bad seed" as convincing. And if you don't really know her, why should you get annoyed when other people who do not really know her come to a conclusion to which you disagree?

After all, a "bad seed" may be a racist as well. I have no idea whether she is a racist or not, but I think everyone is jumping to conclusions based on very limited information.

Honestly, if I were the guy and his son, I hope I'd tell the cops "I won't press charges if she gets psychiatric care, whether she wants it or not."

I'm not sure if I would. I'm a bit hot headed. I'd like to think I would though, because I see that as the right thing to do. With the clarity of hindsight.
Tom

I don't think you can ordinarily compel a person to get mental health care in that way, but I'd suspect a judge could give her a suspended sentence on condition of completing some form of therapy or counselling.

Reactions: WAB
Back
Top Bottom