• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Sneezing, what to say

I don't say anything. No exceptions. But this is congruent with the rest of my no-fucks-to-give antisocial personality, so no-one has questioned me on it.

The first sneeze I say "Bless you". The second one, I say "Bless you". The third time in a row, I say "Cut it out!"

Heard this somewhere, can't remember where:

Sneezer: [sneeze]
Man in the street: Bless you.
Sneezer: [2nd sneeze]
Sneezer: [3rd sneeze]
Sneezer: What are you? Some kind of religious nut?

1) May you be blessed by the nonexistent Biblegod whose primitive book will condemn you to everlasting torment if you don't accept its ridiculous narratives as factual.
2) Clean-up on Aisle 5.
3) Is there a good way to get snot off of suede?

The first sneeze I say "Bless you". The second one, I say "Bless you". The third time in a row, I say "Cut it out!"
I often sneeze in triplicate. Maybe you should hold your blessings until the sequence is complete...

I'm going to employ mazel tov
For years I just didn't feel included when someone sneezes
Mazel tov, it seems that it allows me to partake in the event
The words are Hebrew
It means good luck, maybe congratulations
Plus it illustrates that luck is part of the ancient cultures that produced Judaism, not all were impressed with divine happenstance
What about you, if any?

I murder them and burn the corpse to prevent further spreading of the zombie virus. Just to be safe

I don't say anything. No exceptions. But this is congruent with the rest of my no-fucks-to-give antisocial personality, so no-one has questioned me on it.

I go with this^ when there's a group of people or just more than one person with me. They can do the heavy lifting of having to say "bless you" or whatever. They always do. If it's just me, I say "gesundheit." Maybe next time I'll shout, "Ohmygod that's so fucking gross!"

Sometimes I say "Mercy."

Sometimes I say "Congrats."

Sometimes I say "Any damage?"

Sometimes I say nothing at all.

It really depends on the circumstances and the crowd you are playing to.

For graveyard shift it is most likely to be, "Ewww...Did you get any on you? Keep at least two aisles away from me."

I usually say Apollo Blesses You...because Apollo is my son's name and also the Greek God of medicine. It allows me to not appear rude and also show I'm not Christian at the same time.

I don't say anything. If it continues, I ask if they are ok.

On the other hand, if someone farts, I do say "bless you"... but obviously that would only apply to family and friends... outside of that circle I would say, "are you fucking kidding me"?

Back
Top Bottom