• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

So Obama is in Cuba.

An embargo is neither torture nor abuse.

Cuba had plenty of trade with other countries, their economy is fucked because of Castro, not because of the US.

- - - Updated - - -

Your complete lack of knowledge of US activity against Cuba is noted.

And US is the rightful leaseholder by treaty. Why should we give that up?

The US has no treaty with the government of Cuba concerning Guantanamo.

US presence on some other nations property is a crime.

It's called a lease.

Generally governments are more powerful than those who have leases and if the government decides to break the lease the little guy is simply screwed. (Witness Hong Kong.)

However, in this case the lessee is much more powerful than the leaser, the government couldn't simply screw them.

- - - Updated - - -

Chomsky is a linguist with a bunch of crackpot ideas the left loves.
Actually it's Lessor. Just sayin'

I am a little sick of hearing the Drone President lecture others about human rights. What about our first amendment? Obama ignores it. So does our congress. Cuba's policies have changed dramatically and they are far behind us in terms of the percentage of their people being held behind bars for political reasons. Part of the reason for that is that they have shortened up sentences for political dissidence. We on the other hand have whole prisons full of people who have done NOTHING WRONG AT ALL...POLITICAL OR OTHERWISE. Obama pukes me with his self righteous air. A man who writes out death warrants for people all over the world without trials and based on military officers' opinions has no place lecturing others on HUMAN RIGHTS.

I am a little sick of hearing the Drone President lecture others about human rights. What about our first amendment? Obama ignores it. So does our congress. Cuba's policies have changed dramatically and they are far behind us in terms of the percentage of their people being held behind bars for political reasons. Part of the reason for that is that they have shortened up sentences for political dissidence. We on the other hand have whole prisons full of people who have done NOTHING WRONG AT ALL...POLITICAL OR OTHERWISE. Obama pukes me with his self righteous air. A man who writes out death warrants for people all over the world without trials and based on military officers' opinions has no place lecturing others on HUMAN RIGHTS.

Actually, Obama pointed out some of the ways in which Cuba is ahead of us in terms of human rights in response to a question from an American reporter.

Unless he brings Joanne Deborah Chesimard back in handcuffs the visit is a failure.

So, there's this thing about my computer. There are a bunch of files on it that I have on my desktop that I haven't deleted for years. Aside from the fact that this makes my computer old, it also means that there's just a bunch of artifacts on it. Perhaps the computer itself is now some manner of artifact.

The thing is, most of those files are precious in the sense that they cannot ever be replaced. But the thing is, if my hard drive was, at this moment, corrupted in the sectors that hold those files, nobody would ever know, even as the universe becomes so cold and dark that the very concept of intelligence has become meaningless. Nobody from now until the death of the universe will ever see those files, not even me. Some I should probably delete, because they could maybe in some way piss someone off. Others I should probably save because someone would have a sad feeling just knowing they do not exist anymore. But in all real ways, I could just simply lie one way or the other and make those things appreciated.

In all honesty, it doesn't MATTER if I delete them or keep them. Nobody but me would know and even I wouldn't care.

In a singular manner, what does it matter if some person is 'brought to justice' after the fact for killing one, ten, ten million people, if they are not now or in the future causing the murder of anyone else? It makes more sense to just fucking LIE and say we got her and fried her. I don't really care if Hitler is alive and retired in Argentina if he isn't gassing more Jews, if he is stimulating the economy of Argentina, or if the Son of Sam lived next door as long as he isn't in the murder business anymore. If someone can be or is perpetually deprived of the means, motive and opportunity to be shitty, you, derec, have no right to care whether they live or die.

At best it might accomplish something in some purile dominance display fit solely for hyenas or apes on the Congo and not thinking rational persons.

They are merely artifacts, if they are not currently tly or in the future going to return to murder.

Is this sarcasm?

Back
Top Bottom