• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Merged So what's next for Trump?

To denote when two or more threads have been merged

Artemus

Veteran Member
Basic Beliefs
Atheist and general cynic
What does everyone think Trump's fate will be after January 20th? A lot of speculation on the Internets is that he'll start a rival network to go against Fox news. But are there already indictments against him that will be unsealed the instant he isn't president? Will tax evasion charges follow?

I don't rationally see how Cohen could have been sent to prison for the Stormy Daniels payoff while an "unindicted co-conspirator" who was caught on tape ultimately isn't. But I'm not sure that rationality will apply when dealing with a former president.

I'm curious to see if he'll start campaigning for 2024? I got the impression that he really likes those campaign rallies, that's why he never stopped doing them after the 2016 election. So he might continue rallying, election or not.

I don't see him starting a Trump TV network, more likely a partnership with OAN or some other existing player.

He should crawl under a rock and stay there, never to be heard of again.
Since when does Mr. Trump do what he should do?

I expect he will attempt to return to the business world in order to earn more profits.

I'm curious to see if he'll start campaigning for 2024? I got the impression that he really likes those campaign rallies, that's why he never stopped doing them after the 2016 election. So he might continue rallying, election or not.

I don't see him starting a Trump TV network, more likely a partnership with OAN or some other existing player.
I doubt he can afford rallies AND legal expenses. He doesnt get to travel on AF1 anymore, he's not going to get nearly as much free press, Twitter is going to kick him off, and a $billion in debt is coming due. Venues are going to ask for money up front, as will advertising for the rally.

And who's going to loan him money for any new projects when Deutsche Bank seizes all his assets?

What does everyone think Trump's fate will be after January 20th?
I'm far less concerned about what Trump will do after Jan 20 than what he'll do between now and then.

He's going to get even with the American voters. He's going to sell their security and trade and everything else to the

Who knows who it will be? Could be anybody. Trump is a businessman, it's all about profits for him. Doesn't matter what happens to the rest of us as long as Trump profits.
Tom

He should crawl under a rock and stay there, never to be heard of again.
Since when does Mr. Trump do what he should do?

I expect he will attempt to return to the business world in order to earn more profits.

He'd have to earn profits in the first place to earn more. ;) I've got to think that with the revelations from the NY Times on the massive debt coming due that his name will be poison in the business world.

Another option I forgot to mention in the OP is that he bolts from the country to avoid prosecution.

Probably something similar to his friend JeffE. Though the Secret Service will be absolutely appreciated in their lifetime role of looking after him as he awaits his day in court under the equal protection of the law.

I don't think there's enough of a functional human machine inside that flabby pile of orange died flesh to actually coherently argue his own innocence. Then to new york. Maybe they can reopen alcatraz for him and give him the Napoleon treatment.

Another option I forgot to mention in the OP is that he bolts from the country to avoid prosecution.

Well, Trump gets along very well with the oligarchs in Russia, North Korea, and Saudi Arabia. He won't have a problem finding a comfortable place for his declining years when he flees USA.

What if those Deplorables blame him for giving the country to a bunch of communists?

That'll be a hot seat.
Tom

Though the Secret Service will be absolutely appreciated in their lifetime role of looking after him as he awaits his day in court under the equal protection of the law.
The post-president protections are afforded by an Executive Order. If Trump or his lawyers start abusing the privilege ("you cannot prosecute someone protected by SS, it's unfair to the agents!") then Joe can add a "when convicted" paragraph.

I doubt he can afford rallies AND legal expenses.
But he likely has the ability to raise enough money to pay for flying around and people audibly jacking him off. If anything, he could run for 2024 starting in next week because for him it beats working.

And the additional benefit is that being mobile and on the road campaigning makes it harder for the banks to find him.

I doubt he can afford rallies AND legal expenses.
But he likely has the ability to raise enough money to pay for flying around and people audibly jacking him off. If anything, he could run for 2024 starting in next week because for him it beats working.

And the additional benefit is that being mobile and on the road campaigning makes it harder for the banks to find him.
They don't need to find him, just the assets he used as collateral.

Remember, Mueller has already laid out 10 charges of obstruction of justice. His written response to the investigation contains lies, thus perjury charges can be brought.

In the interest of cosmic justice:
- he appears on a special Death Bed Broadcast of Limbaugh's show and concedes the election
- he leaves quietly in January
- prosecution for election fraud (Stormy) and tax fraud
- his damn tax returns leak, which costs him at least a quarter of his followers
- he can't get leveraged loans, so he files for bankruptcies #7, 8, 9...on various Trump properties

What is more likely, and what he is capable of:
- never concedes, continues to claim vote fraud, maligns Biden as illegimate
- abuses the pardon as never before, pardoning yet more war criminals, swindlers, crooked pols
- perhaps even gets Pence to take over the Pres. for a day to pardon Trump
- leaves DC during the inauguration and begins a non-stop tweet hurricane against Biden
- begins to groom Don Jr. for 2024 primaries (dead serious here -- this will happen!)
- appears ad nauseam on Fox and, although too lazy to do a nightly show, does numerous specials for them
- makes a fortune in speaking fees

In the interest of cosmic justice:
- he appears on a special Death Bed Broadcast of Limbaugh's show and concedes the election
- he leaves quietly in January
- prosecution for election fraud (Stormy) and tax fraud
- his damn tax returns leak, which costs him at least a quarter of his followers
- he can't get leveraged loans, so he files for bankruptcies #7, 8, 9...on various Trump properties

What is more likely, and what he is capable of:
- never concedes, continues to claim vote fraud, maligns Biden as illegimate
- abuses the pardon as never before, pardoning yet more war criminals, swindlers, crooked pols
- perhaps even gets Pence to take over the Pres. for a day to pardon Trump
- leaves DC during the inauguration and begins a non-stop tweet hurricane against Biden
- begins to groom Don Jr. for 2024 primaries (dead serious here -- this will happen!)
- appears ad nauseam on Fox and, although too lazy to do a nightly show, does numerous specials for them
- makes a fortune in speaking fees

Yes to makes a fortune in speaking fees. But continues to pay zero taxes because all his businesses continue to lose money!

What happened to the $500 million slush fund that was part of the stimulation package last spring?

I think he'll turn the rallies into "speaking tour" and try to do more of it, but for profit this time.

What does everyone think Trump's fate will be after January 20th? A lot of speculation on the Internets is that he'll start a rival network to go against Fox news. But are there already indictments against him that will be unsealed the instant he isn't president? Will tax evasion charges follow?

I don't rationally see how Cohen could have been sent to prison for the Stormy Daniels payoff while an "unindicted co-conspirator" who was caught on tape ultimately isn't. But I'm not sure that rationality will apply when dealing with a former president.

I think that he will be convicted of some crime and will spend six months up the river in a New York State prison. While there, he will have a book ghost-written for him titled My Struggle. When he gets out he will found his own political party dedicated to holding rallies around the country expressing the joys of white male grievance politics. Then at some time in the future, his God, money, will call him home, his debts will come due and his father figure, Putin, won't bail him out, and he will be bankrupt.

Back
Top Bottom