• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

(Some of) Il Douchebag taxes released.

Word is the White House may have leaked it, due to the pretty clean responses the White House had for its leaking. Also, this tax return is probably the least incriminating one that could have been released. So if someone wanted to expose Trump, this wouldn't be the thing to release. Also, it said "Client Copy" on it.

Another thing, apparently the AMT is extremely important because otherwise, $150 million income would have led to $3 million tax bill, that'd be 2 percent for those playing at home. No wonder Trump wants to get rid of the AMT.

Word is the White House may have leaked it, due to the pretty clean responses the White House had for its leaking. Also, this tax return is probably the least incriminating one that could have been released. So if someone wanted to expose Trump, this wouldn't be the thing to release. Also, it said "Client Copy" on it.

Another thing, apparently the AMT is extremely important because otherwise, $150 million income would have led to $3 million tax bill, that'd be 2 percent for those playing at home. No wonder Trump wants to get rid of the AMT.

What the taxes show is a man living on another planet.

With no connection what-so-ever to the world of the vast majority of Americans.

No matter how much pain he causes don't worry, he won't feel any of it.

Breaking: Trump is rich and pays lots of taxes.

But the dream lives on.

Yeah, sure. "We meant to do that."

Why not make a big deal of it as Trump usually does? With fanfare, clouds of self congratulations and adoring accolades.

I like what Kevin Drum said:

Trump's total investment income was $108 million, and Trump claims to be worth $5 billion or so, depending on what day you ask him. That means he earned a return on his assets of about 2 percent. In 2005! During the housing bubble! I'm no tax expert, and maybe he had hundreds of millions in capital gains that he didn't realize that year. Who needs more than $150 million in income, after all? It still seems pretty low, though, and if Trump really did earn a return of only 2 percent he is, by long odds, the most incompetent billionaire in the country.

Alternatively, of course, Trump is actually worth about $1-2 billion and he earned something like a 5-10 percent return. Take your pick.

http://www.motherjones.com/kevin-dr...gests-hes-most-incompetent-billionaire-nation

But the dream lives on.

Yeah, but you missed the point.

Before yesterday: Trump can't release any of his tax returns because of an ongoing audit.

As of <1 hour after Maddow's tweet: look what I have here, it's the very tax return Rachel is about to reveal on her show, and isn't it innocuous and boring, nothing to see here!

In other words, the White House took the bait and proved to everyone what mostpeople already knew, which is they can release the tax returns anytime they want and the audit excuse is bogus.

But the dream lives on.

Before yesterday: Trump can't release any of his tax returns because of an ongoing audit.

As of <1 hour after Maddow's tweet: look what I have here, it's the very tax return Rachel is about to reveal on her show, and isn't it innocuous and boring, nothing to see here!

In other words, the White House took the bait and proved to everyone what mostpeople already knew, which is they can release the tax returns anytime they want and the audit excuse is bogus.

No I get the point: You have desperate fever-dreams about Trump's taxes.

Not me. I am content to watch Cheato twisting in the wind as the noose ever tightens... :D
I might lose all interest today, depending on what Comey is/is not willing to divulge.

Not me. I am content to watch Cheato twisting in the wind as the noose ever tightens... :D
I might lose all interest today, depending on what Comey is/is not willing to divulge.

Yeah, there's no sign of desperate fever-dreams there.:rolleyes:

Let's go over this again:

1) There is no requirement for a candidate to release his tax returns
2) The "punishment" for not releasing them is political, and meted out by the voters
3) Trump won the election

Actually in this case the majority of American's were first punished by the Clinton machine and then by a minority of very ignorant Trump voters.

But perhaps the backlash from this clown in the White House will be the US joining the civilized world in terms of social services.

The Trump-sweats keep me up into the wee hours sometimes.

But seriously, the Russia stuff makes this just basic fact-finding. If the allegations that keep getting people fired or mysteriously disappeared hold any water, tax returns are a logical place to expect to find evidence of wrongdoing.

Yeah, sure. "We meant to do that."

Why not make a big deal of it as Trump usually does? With fanfare, clouds of self congratulations and adoring accolades.

I like what Kevin Drum said:

Trump's total investment income was $108 million, and Trump claims to be worth $5 billion or so, depending on what day you ask him. That means he earned a return on his assets of about 2 percent. In 2005! During the housing bubble! I'm no tax expert, and maybe he had hundreds of millions in capital gains that he didn't realize that year. Who needs more than $150 million in income, after all? It still seems pretty low, though, and if Trump really did earn a return of only 2 percent he is, by long odds, the most incompetent billionaire in the country.

Alternatively, of course, Trump is actually worth about $1-2 billion and he earned something like a 5-10 percent return. Take your pick.

http://www.motherjones.com/kevin-dr...gests-hes-most-incompetent-billionaire-nation

In 2005 he may have been acquiring assets, not cashing them in.

Just a point of order, the tax return actually shows an AGI of $48.6 million on which Trump paid taxes of $38.4 million. A zesty 79% average tax rate.

This is easily determined by the modestly trained eye by reading the return, but $150 million because journalism and stuff, I guess.

https://www.scribd.com/document/341920994/Donald-Trump-s-2005-tax-return#from_embed

Just a point of order, the tax return actually shows an AGI of $48.6 million on which Trump paid taxes of $38.4 million. A zesty 79% average tax rate.

This is easily determined by the modestly trained eye by reading the return, but $150 million because journalism and stuff, I guess.

https://www.scribd.com/document/341920994/Donald-Trump-s-2005-tax-return#from_embed

Did you flunk out of remedial math? :)
The taxes he would have paid absent the AMT, would have been on the order of $5.1m vs $38m+.
No wonder he wants to do away with the AMT. Just like he wants to do away with the Medicaid tax, It's all about what good for Cheato's wallet - ALWAYS.

As far as panicking and night-sweats... it is amusing to imagine right wingers such as yourself rejoicing in your fanciful flights of malice. :D
I am quite satisfied to see the paralysis afflicting this administration, born of their own incompetence and reinforced by the continually increasing stench of Cheato's corruption. It would be a shame if Comey were to come out today and tell us "Oh, there never was any surveillance; Cheato is simply lying and making shit up again". It will be much more interesting if he hems and haws "Well... there investigations... I can't say of whom or what... FISA warrants were issued but I cannot discuss the probable cause that was presented in order to obtain those warrants... "

That should keep them busy enough to mitigate the amount of damage they can do in the short term. :)

The taxes he would have paid absent the AMT, would have been on the order of $5.1m vs $38m+.
No wonder he wants to do away with the AMT. Just like he wants to do away with the Medicaid tax, It's all about what good for Cheato's wallet - ALWAYS.

As far as panicking and night-sweats... it is amusing to imagine right wingers such as yourself rejoicing in your fanciful flights of malice. :D
I am quite satisfied to see the paralysis afflicting this administration, born of their own incompetence and reinforced by the continually increasing stench of Cheato's corruption. It would be a shame if Comey were to come out today and tell us "Oh, there never was any surveillance; Cheato is simply lying and making shit up again". It will be much more interesting if he hems and haws "Well... there investigations... I can't say of whom or what... FISA warrants were issued but I cannot discuss the probable cause that was presented in order to obtain those warrants... "

That should keep them busy enough to mitigate the amount of damage they can do in the short term. :)

There is no math involved in looking at the AGI line (line 37, or 38 if you prefer) and reading it was $48.6 million.

There is no math involved in looking at the taxes paid line (Line 63) and reading that it was $38.4 million.

I did do the math of dividing the two but even according to my second try 38.4/48.6 still is 79%.

There is no math involved in looking at the AGI line (line 37, or 38 if you prefer) and reading it was $48.6 million.

Right - just ignore the $103m behind the curtain!

There is no math involved in looking at the taxes paid line (Line 63) and reading that it was $38.4 million.

... most of which accrued to the $103m you want to ignore...

Too funny - the lengths to which desperate trumpsuckers will go to make Cheato's antics look "normal". Good luck with that, dismal - you won't get far without the supporting documents for that and the intervening 12 years of complete returns.
So the speculation continues, and those dark clouds continue to gather over the gallows that will need reinforcing to support the weight of a free-falling tub of lard... :D

Right - just ignore the $103m behind the curtain!

... most of which accrued to the $103m you want to ignore...

Too funny - the lengths to which desperate trumpsuckers will go to make Cheato's antics look "normal". Good luck with that, dismal - you won't get far without the supporting documents for that and the intervening 12 years of complete returns.
So the speculation continues, and those dark clouds continue to gather over the gallows that will need reinforcing to support the weight of a free-falling tub of lard... :D

I'm not the one who defines AGI. Take your gripe up with the IRS.

Personally I hold with those who believe that Trump is responsible for the 'leaking' if this very partial tax return. Why would he do that? I can think of 2 or three reasons:

1. This 'proves' he's a very wealthy man who paid his taxes
2. It serves as a well timed distraction for the real news about what his administration is doing. Example : the EPA is slated for a 24% budget decrease--which will be bumped an extra ten percent or so. For starters.

Plus this drives more media attention to Trump and how rich and successful he is, rather than what he is doing, trying to do and most of all, failing to do.

Back
Top Bottom