• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Special Counsel investigation of Trump part 2

I heard that the rocket docket requires a date to be set 70 days or less after the indictment.

So far Trump appears to believe he can make it all go away by winning or stealing the 2024 election. It is increasingly apparent even to his congressional supporters, that he won’t win a general election. So who are the enablers who plan to help his next insurrection attempt?
Chris Wray should be keeping an eye on Gym Jordan, Madge, Matty et al.

I heard that the rocket docket requires a date to be set 70 days or less after the indictment.

So far Trump appears to believe he can make it all go away by winning or stealing the 2024 election.

I think it is becoming increasingly apparent that Trump thinks he can make it all go away by shouting loudly on his little social media site, raking in donations from the rubes, and spewing his grievances in media interviews. On some level, he really does think this is a popularity contest between him and Jack Smith, and if he just gets enough clicks, likes, and donations he'll win.

I'd hazard a guess that his latest batch of "so desperate to goose their career" lawyers are about to tell him "sir...you're gonna have to make a plea deal," but he's so far gone I don't know that he'll be able to take the off-ramp if it is offered to him.

Could tRump's last post telling congress to investigate the DOJ be a crime?

So far Trump appears to believe he can make it all go away by winning or stealing the 2024 election.

I think it is becoming increasingly apparent that Trump thinks he can make it all go away by shouting loudly on his little social media site, raking in donations from the rubes, and spewing his grievances in media interviews. On some level, he really does think this is a popularity contest between him and Jack Smith, and if he just gets enough clicks, likes, and donations he'll win.

I'd hazard a guess that his latest batch of "so desperate to goose their career" lawyers are about to tell him "sir...you're gonna have to make a plea deal," but he's so far gone I don't know that he'll be able to take the off-ramp if it is offered to him.
Don't be fooled by Orange Manboy's behavior. Orange Manboy wants two things in this order: Money. Freedom. He's willing to sacrifice his freedom so long as he can maintain the money stream from enough idiots. And he'll gladly accept their donations from behind bars if necessary. Case in point:

As the walls close in, the Trump money machine cashes in

Trump raised a combined $18.8 million in the first quarter through his joint fundraising committee and his campaign, the latter of which is required to report its first-quarter financial activity on Saturday.

But the campaign also says it brought in nearly the same amount in the two weeks after the charges were filed against the former president — $15.4 million — underscoring just how much the charges against Trump have animated his backers.

the campaign also says it brought in nearly the same amount in the two weeks after the charges were filed against the former president — $15.4 million — underscoring just how much the charges against Trump have animated his backers.
Sounds like a lot of money. It’s as if about a quarter of Cheato’s voters think he’s worth a dollar.

I think the worst thing that could befall Agent Orange would be if the courts decided that raising money on a lie is fraud, and made him pay it all back plus penalties.
Worse than prison.

Exclusive: Special counsel trades immunity for fake elector testimony as Jan 6 probe heats up | CNN Politics

Special counsel Jack Smith
has compelled at least two Republican fake electors to testify to a federal grand jury in Washington in recent weeks by giving them limited immunity, part of a current push by federal prosecutors to swiftly nail down evidence in the sprawling criminal investigation into efforts to overturn the 2020 election.

The testimony, described to CNN by people familiar with the situation, comes after a year of relative dormancy around the fake electors portion of the investigation and as a parade of related witnesses are being told to appear before the grand jury with no chance for delay.

That activity could signal that investigators are nearing at least some charging decisions in a part of the 2020 election probe, sources added. It also comes just as the special counsel’s office filed charges against former President Donald Trump for his handling of classified documents.

Prosecutors initially obtained documents and interviews last spring from many of the Republicans who signed false certificates to the federal government, asserting they were the rightful electors for Trump in seven battleground states won by Joe Biden.

Prosecutors have played hardball with some of the witnesses in recent weeks, refusing to grant extensions to grand jury subpoenas for testimony and demanding they comply before the end of this month, sources said. In the situations where prosecutors have given witnesses immunity, the special counsel’s office arrived at the courthouse in Washington ready to compel their testimony after the witnesses indicated they would decline to answer questions under the Fifth Amendment, the sources added.

By setting an early trial date is Cannon trying to make up for her past fuckups? Or is it possible that something may be rotten in Denmark?
She's apparently following the speedy trial scheduling requirements in the relevant Florida federal district, if I understood G. Kirschner (I think it was) on this.

Audio of that Bedminster conversation wherein Trump nails his ass to the wall.

Kinda drives the point home, doesn't it? I mean, we've seen the transcript, but the audio really adds some context.

It's like...

Audio of that Bedminster conversation wherein Trump nails his ass to the wall.

My favorite part is how he seems amused that he found that by lucky chance. That his collection of secret docs was so disorderly, he had no idea where any of this stuff was. And the bonus was he was accusing the DoD of wanting to attack Iran and he could prove it with these plans, when the reality is, the DoD probably has plans on how to invade Canada too. They have plans for everything.

And the bonus was he was accusing the DoD of wanting to attack Iran and he could prove it with these plans, when the reality is, the DoD probably has plans on how to invade Canada too. They have plans for everything.
This is true.

But nobody cares enough about Canada to invade it. Iran is a different story.

The Saudis who sent Jared K a couple of billion bucks would doubtless love to see whatever plans the U.S. DoD had for invading Iran.
Tom

My favorite part is how he seems amused that he found that by lucky chance. That his collection of secret docs was so disorderly, he had no idea where any of this stuff was. And the bonus was he was accusing the DoD of wanting to attack Iran and he could prove it with these plans, when the reality is, the DoD probably has plans on how to invade Canada too. They have plans for everything.

A Fox News host apparently speculated that Trump leaked the tape himself since he believes that it is “actually an exoneration.” It makes sense, actually. It also allows him to publicly accuse Smith of leaking it, which gains him points with his base.

Regarding the document itself, I suspect that Trump demanded a plan to attack Iran and Milley of course provided it (Trump was president, after all) while begging him (Trump) not to follow through on it.

If the DOD didn't have plans to attack Iran they would be seriously deficient in doing their job. Contingency plans don't mean you actually plan to do it. I'm sure the DOD has plans to attack every troublemaker nation in the world.

If the DOD didn't have plans to attack Iran they would be seriously deficient in doing their job. Contingency plans don't mean you actually plan to do it. I'm sure the DOD has plans to attack every troublemaker nation in the world.
Context is important here.

Sure, the military drew up plans to attack Iran, and Trump is not the first President to ask them to do so. We've been doing this since the days of "will there ever be another Star Wars movie?"

The disturbing part is that the plans that Fragilego Mussolini was waving around in front of people (who had no business seeing them) contained information that would be valuable to Iran (or any adversary) even if it was just a contingency.

Information laying out how much we know about their capabilities. How we would counter those capabilities. How we found out about them in the first place. Sources and methods. Not just what we know, but how we know. And this stupid fuck stick showed it to people who were writing a book about him.

FTFY.

I would be surprised if they don't have at least some kind of plan to attack New Zealand. It might just read "Don't forget to take lots of mint sauce", but there will still be some kind of plan.

I would be surprised if they don't have at least some kind of plan to attack New Zealand. It might just read "Don't forget to take lots of mint sauce", but there will still be some kind of plan.
Mint kills testosterone. Pretty sneaky plan.

Context is important here.

Sure, the military drew up plans to attack Iran, and Trump is not the first President to ask them to do so. We've been doing this since the days of "will there ever be another Star Wars movie?"

The disturbing part is that the plans that Fragilego Mussolini was waving around in front of people (who had no business seeing them) contained information that would be valuable to Iran (or any adversary) even if it was just a contingency.

Information laying out how much we know about their capabilities. How we would counter those capabilities. How we found out about them in the first place. Sources and methods. Not just what we know, but how we know. And this stupid fuck stick showed it to people who were writing a book about him.
According to Trump, there was no plan in his hands. You know, just post Oval Office talk. The interesting thing is that I did entertain that the Iran doc claims could have been a lie a bit ago, because I believe the source of the document was uncertain, that DoD didn't know it existed.
article said:
“I would say it was bravado, if you want to know the truth, it was bravado,” Trump told Semafor and ABC News on board his plane on Tuesday. “I was talking and just holding up papers and talking about them, but I had no documents. I didn’t have any documents.”

Trump stated he was simply holding up random papers.

“I just held up a whole pile of — my desk is loaded up with papers. I have papers from 25 different things,” he said. A reporter asked the former president if he regretted how he handled classified documents upon leaving the White House.
Habitual liar says he was lying, making people incapable of determining which lie to believe. The trouble Trump has is that he claims there was no document. Which could be true, but the tape is bad for more important reasons, like him indicating that he knew he shouldn't have classified documents!

Back
Top Bottom