• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

(Split) Alito's RvW Decision And Its Effects On The Midterm Elections

This assumes that the Democrats would actually be able to effectively capitalize on the decision. Unemployment is historically low, the stock market is through the roof, wages are up, businesses are fighting over who can attract the most workers, plus we appear to be finally out of the woods on the pandemic front, with people getting back to work, school, concerts, movies, baseball hot dogs apple pie and Chevrolet.
There is also the issue of highest inflation in 40 years.
And Dems priorities have been fucked up. Is giving handouts to the segment of society (aka college graduates) that is, on average, more affluent, really the best way forward?

If women turn out in higher numbers, the Dems win-ish, but the gerrymandering would limit the gains. But it won't lead to much on the abortion front.
Both parties engage in gerrymandering.
How Democrats learned to stop worrying and love the gerrymander
Thanks. The problem is that in the most populace state, they don't. Illinois is gerrymandered, Maryland was. But most of the gerrymandering is in Ohio, Florida, Texas, North Carolina. It was in PA, until that was struck down.

If women turn out in higher numbers, the Dems win-ish, but the gerrymandering would limit the gains. But it won't lead to much on the abortion front.
Both parties engage in gerrymandering.
How Democrats learned to stop worrying and love the gerrymander
Realy, seriously, this form of argument needs to fucking die.

Try standing up in court and defending yourself by saying "Ladies and Gentlemen of the jury, you must acquit me because other people also rob banks, and are not currently on trial here".

You will be laughed all the way to jail, and rightly so.

Nobody cares that Democrats do it too. It remains fucking evil and fucking wrong, and Republicans need to fucking stop doing it, just like Democrats do.

It remains fucking evil and fucking wrong, and Republicans need to fucking stop doing it, just like Democrats do.
I’m afraid it needed to be stopped a while ago; that horse may have totally left the barn.

The leak might actually save the Democrats from getting badly trounced, this year.

Realy, seriously, this form of argument needs to fucking die.
Why? Jimmy Higgins argued that Dems are at a disadvantage because of gerrymandering. I merely pointed out that both parties gerrymander.

Try standing up in court and defending yourself by saying "Ladies and Gentlemen of the jury, you must acquit me because other people also rob banks, and are not currently on trial here".

I wasn't offering this as a defense of one side or the other. I offered it merely to point out that gerrymandering is not as one sided as JH portrayed it in his post.

Nobody cares that Democrats do it too. It remains fucking evil and fucking wrong, and Republicans need to fucking stop doing it, just like Democrats do.
I agree, but that was not the issue I was responding to. I was not responding to whether it should be allowed or not. I was responding to what Jimmy wrote. No more, no less.

Thanks. The problem is that in the most populace state, they don't. Illinois is gerrymandered, Maryland was. But most of the gerrymandering is in Ohio, Florida, Texas, North Carolina. It was in PA, until that was struck down.
Dems gerrymandered the hell out of NY (4th state by population) until they were stopped by an almost all-Dem court (all the judges are appointed by Democrats, but one is technically a Republican).
Illionis is #6 by the way, so it's one of the most populace[sic] states itself.

Back
Top Bottom