• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Squad private Cori Bush under DOJ investigation

Do you think she is asking for the entire military of the US be completely disbanded? Because I agree that would be crazy.
She was quite vague on specifics. But her "just think of all the social services we're going to fund after we defund the Pentagon" language implies a substantial level of defunding, if not the entire Pentagon budget.
I think she means shifting funds from the military to social programs. We have a thread here discussing that very subject.
Of course it means that. But how much shifting? I think "defund" means at the very least a very substantial reduction in funding. CAB's "just think of all the social services" language confirms it. I am also reminded of what AOC had to say about defunding NYPD:
Ocasio-Cortez dismisses proposed $1B cut: ‘Defunding police means defunding police’

Are you joking? Is this just feigned ignorance, some sophomoric rhetorical device?
None of those. I don't follow MTG like you do. So tell me, what child is she allegedly stalking, so I can look it up.
then you probably shouldn’t have acted so confident that she wasnt crazier than you think Cori Bush is.

You could have just said you aren’t familiar with MTG’s shenanigans so you don’t have enough information to compare.

Are you joking? Is this just feigned ignorance, some sophomoric rhetorical device?
None of those. I don't follow MTG like you do. So tell me, what child is she allegedly stalking, so I can look it up.
You know all about progressive female politicians, their ethnic backgrounds,
That's because they have their fans here, so there is a discussion to be had. MTG thread is basically a pile-on circle jerk because she doesn't have fans on here.
Does Private Bush have special fans here? Be specific and show your work. Or is support only luke-warm, and a non-issue because, while Private Bush may be only a 7.7 on a scale of 1 to 10; the QOPAnon Party has Congresscritters NEGATIVE on the scale of 1 to 10. -- Jordan, Cawley, Boebert etc.

I for one am mystified anyone discusses a Congresswoman like Pvt. Bush when wide-scale corruption, fraud and huge incompetence -- a la MTG or Jordan -- and other flaws in democracy are far more relevant.
Certainly the best Tucker Carlson and Sean Hannity talking points, all lined up in a row. But I guess even the Ilk's media sources -- NewsMax, Fox, Truth Social -- are tired of defending MTG, their one-time budding star.
I consume none of these, but nice try.

Have you ever told us your sources?

Seriously, tell us if you really missed the story of MTG stalking the child.
Yes. But stop talking in circles. Who is that child?
Actually, it does not matter anway. The whole MTG derail is just that - a derail, intended to divert attention from CAB.

Please show us what Google Searches you've tried.
None. For one, the thread is not about your hobby horse MTG. Second, your claim was vague. Give me a name. That's not spoon-feeding, that's providing basic information about a claim.
Wow. It appears that you really did miss these stories. (Link to one above.) What this demonstrates is that you live in a bubble where only certain types of story filter in. Anyone with sincere interest in faults in American politics would have found such stories in their feeds, unless the feeds had been somehow trained to suppress certain slants. Wow. I've heard of this -- now we see it in action.

Is the slant on the news stories sent to you controlled by Google's cookies? Should you get your cookies inspected?

BTW, have you explained what fun it is to assign ranks to "Squad" members? AOC is Sgt, I guess, Bush Private. What's Ilhan's rank?

That's a mistake. All Congresscritters have the power to affect your life for good or ill (usually ill) whether or not they nominally represent your district or not.
And yet you are unaware of MTG stalking a mass shooting survivor in you own state.

then you probably shouldn’t have acted so confident that she wasnt crazier than you think Cori Bush is.
You could have just said you aren’t familiar with MTG’s shenanigans so you don’t have enough information to compare.
You have a point there, but I have hard time imagining anybody doing something stupider than calling for Pentagon defunding or to pretend to sleep on Capitol steps in order to emotionally blackmail Biden into an eviction ban extension he admitted he has no legal authority to do.

And yet you are unaware of MTG stalking a mass shooting survivor in you own state.
Swammy claimed she stalked a "child". David Hogg was a an adult of 18 (almost 19) when that incident happened, not a child. Also, following somebody for less than a minute is hardly "stalking". So Swammy mischaracterized the incident.
Besides, it did not happen "in my own state". It happened in DC.

You have a point there, but I have hard time imagining anybody doing something stupider than calling for Pentagon defunding or to pretend to sleep on Capitol steps in order to emotionally blackmail Biden into an eviction ban extension he admitted he has no legal authority to do.
then prepare to have your imagination stretched and start googling yourself some MTG antics!

So you mischaracterized the incident and expected me to remember it based on your misleading description.
David Hogg was born in April 2000, so he was 18, almost 19, when he was confronted by MTG.
And the <1 min incident can hardly be described as "stalking".
Does Private Bush have special fans here? Be specific and show your work.
What do you mean by "special". She may not have stans like lpetrich with AOC, but she tends to be liked as a "progressive" congresswoman and Squad member.

Or is support only luke-warm, and a non-issue because, while Private Bush may be only a 7.7 on a scale of 1 to 10; the QOPAnon Party has Congresscritters NEGATIVE on the scale of 1 to 10. -- Jordan, Cawley, Boebert etc.
Can you define the scale that you are using?
I for one am mystified anyone discusses a Congresswoman like Pvt. Bush when wide-scale corruption, fraud and huge incompetence -- a la MTG or Jordan -- and other flaws in democracy are far more relevant.
We should be able to discuss more than one issue at a time.
And CAB is being investigated by the DOJ herself, in addition to being a bad excuse for a congresswoman.

I linked to an article in the OP. What other sources do you mean?

Wow. It appears that you really did miss these stories. (Link to one above.)
It doesn't help when you blatantly mischaracterize them. Like calling adults children.

What this demonstrates is that you live in a bubble where only certain types of story filter in.
BS. But I do not obsess over MTG to the extent of derailing other threads over her shenanigans.

Anyone with sincere interest in faults in American politics would have found such stories in their feeds, unless the feeds had been somehow trained to suppress certain slants. Wow. I've heard of this -- now we see it in action.
I did most likely come across that story when it happened. But that was years ago and you mischaracterized it since Hogg was an adult.

BTW, have you explained what fun it is to assign ranks to "Squad" members? AOC is Sgt, I guess, Bush Private. What's Ilhan's rank
Original members are privates first class (E-3). Newer members like Bowman are regular privates (E-2). AOC was a corporal before the squad grew and she got promoted.
Oh, and their regimental commander is Bernie Sanders. I.e. Colonel Sanders.

Let me get this straight. You don’t follow a white batshit conservative who makes national news far more regularly than the batshit black liberal that you follow.
I don't "follow" either one specifically. But this thread is about CAB, not MTG. Why do y'all keep derailing?
Also, what do their skin colors have to do with anything? Should CAB be immune from criticism because she happens to be black? She certainly seems to think so, as she plays the race card anytime someone challenges her.

Let me get this straight. You don’t follow a white batshit conservative who makes national news far more regularly than the batshit black liberal that you follow.
I don't "follow" either one specifically. But this thread is about CAB, not MTG. Why do y'all keep derailing?
Also, what do their skin colors have to do with anything? Should CAB be immune from criticism because she happens to be black? She certainly seems to think so, as she plays the race card anytime someone challenges her.
I was just trying to understand. I agree their skin colors shouldn’t matter. And you defensive response cleared up my confusion.

I was just trying to understand. I agree their skin colors shouldn’t matter. And you defensive response cleared up my confusion.
I don't know what you are confused about. I am not over in the MTG thread trying to derail it and discuss the Squad there.

So you mischaracterized the incident and expected me to remember it based on your misleading description.

We still don't know if you were familiar with the incident or not. You're so busy picking nits and going on tangents, we're left bewildered. Are you only pretending to be ignorant of MTG's behavior? Or do you really have a very biased news feed?

Here's a video that may help you understand MTG's character:

Anyway, I guess we should know by now that you don't consider high school students to be children. Didn't you treat the cowardly teeny-bopper Kyle Rittenhouse as a brave adult, proudly carrying an assault rifle at age 16? Is not the Ilk despondent that Kyle won't be old enough to run for the Senate until 2034?
I linked to an article in the OP. What other sources do you mean?

Anybody can use Google to find a "main-stream" source for a story once they notice the story. My question was How do you end up with such a biased sample of politicians' behavior in the first place? What's your go-to cite for discovering new stories? the NY Post? The_Ilk_Is_Us.ru?

It was an absolutely PERFECT post. People are saying it was the best post. Many, many people. No one has ever seen a better post or as many likes. There are so many likes, so many people, they can't all fit on a computer screen.

Here’s you bringing MTG into the conversation.
I briefly mentioned her as a comparison to make a point that it is not "racist" to tell an obnoxious congresscritter to tone it down.
That was not an invitation for Swammerdami et al to derail the thread.

We still don't know if you were familiar with the incident or not.
Doesn't matter. It's still a derail.
You're so busy picking nits and going on tangents, we're left bewildered.
No, you are the one going on tangents. This thread is about CAB, and not about your obsession with MTG. Why are you so obsessed with her anyway? Do you have a thing for crazy blondes or what?
And, no, correcting your misrepresentation of Hogg as "a child" is not nitpicking.
Anyway, I guess we should know by now that you don't consider high school students to be children.
I don't. But that doesn't even matter here. At the time of the incident, Hogg had graduated high school and was an adult activist. You misrepresented the incident. Just admit it already!
Didn't you treat the cowardly teeny-bopper Kyle Rittenhouse as a brave adult, proudly carrying an assault rifle at age 16? Is not the Ilk despondent that Kyle won't be old enough to run for the Senate until 2034?
Huh? More derailing? Ritt was a minor, but not a child. Piggy was over 18 and thus an adult. What even is your point here?
Anybody can use Google to find a "main-stream" source for a story once they notice the story. My question was How do you end up with such a biased sample of politicians' behavior in the first place? What's your go-to cite for discovering new stories? the NY Post?
How is it biased? A congresscritter being investigated by the DOJ controlled by her own party is a legitimate news item for discussion in the politics forum. It is certainly much more of a story than a congresscritter yelling at an adult activist.
Besides, MTG is covered on this thread more than enough - I suggest you go there if you don't want to talk about CAB.

We still don't know if you were familiar with the incident or not.
Doesn't matter. It's still a derail.

Dude...you reverse whataboutism-ed your own thread and when people rebutted your point, you accused them of a derail. There seem to be only 3 possible fair outcomes: (1) allow the anarchy you created; (2) split your derail into another thread; or (3) let others have the last word on your derail and move on. Certainly, what you SHOULDN'T do is respond to rebuttals with your own rebuttals in one breath and then tell the people you are continuing to engage with on points they can't respond to your rebuttals because of a derail you created.

As far as MTG, she called those school shootings a false flag operation. Then, she referenced Nancy Pelosi and Hillary Clinton or some other people trying to push gun control legislation. Massive conspiracy. Crisis actors maybe? So no wonder she was stalking David Hogg, whether you want to accept how many people call high school kids "children" or just "kids" (like you call college kids "kids"). It's a distinction without any meaningful difference when you put it in the context of the trauma that David Hogg and other students endured juxtaposed with a wackadoo Qaren screaming nonsense at him.

Meanwhile, back to you and Cori Bush, you criticized her for being evicted, but people have reasons they get evicted and statistically we know what kinds of people get evicted more. Hint: it's generally not people who have tons of generational wealth, inherited businesses, vast wealthy connections. It's people whose rent is very high relative to their income such that when crises develop as they always do, their ability to pay is endangered, but, of course, relying on financially stable relatives and connections de-risks regular renters.

In comparing two unknown persons, one who was evicted and one who was not, we might decide that there is a slightly higher probability that person A is able to manage their money less well. But we also know there are many confounding variables and so it's a statistical inference based on populations. When we instead compare two known persons, we can observe other variables at play such as the inherited wealth and business position of person B. And so drawing such conclusion as with two random people is very faulty.

I don't know what you are confused about. I am not over in the MTG thread trying to derail it and discuss the Squad there.
If you read my response, you’d see you cleared up my confusion.

Back
Top Bottom