• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

State Shinto Trumps every Religion.

Matthew Mussolini

Spammer
Banned
Basic Beliefs
Conservative Shinto
No one knows who created Shinto because it has been revealed to me that God created Shinto. (Hey, ya never know).

At least every Religion I can think of that has Scriptures considered without error is inferior to Shinto. Scripture can be great but be highly toxic as well, leading to debates and hatred as bad today as it was thousands of years ago. Scripture divides. So God gave us Shinto.

Doctrine is something people kill over and get depressed about thinking their dead friends went to hell ( for being unbelievers or some stupid crime.). Shinto is a Dogmaless Religion.

Well, there is one Dogma, the dead become Kami (Spirits) and a creator exists. God looked at how confused the world has become because of the Bible and Qur'an containing so many contradictions, so God said, "Let there be Shinto". I made two videos on it:

There's nothing to argue about in Shinto. Pray incessantly, rely on God and Kami, follow your heart, follow your conscience.

In Shinto you enshrine all nation's heroes and war dead and staff the Shrine with a priesthood. All who die for their country without exception have their names and birthdates written in a " book of souls" enshrined in a Honden. The highest Shinto priest is called "Emperor".
roadside-shinto-shrine-Nikko.jpg

The highest Shinto Kami is female. She's like God just smarter and cuter. She sunk an enormous Mongolian fleet with a Kamikaze " Divine wind " killing up to 140,000 Mongolians in a single battle, which is amazing, because with 100,000 Mongols, Genghis Kahn wiped out 10% of the population and conquered 40% of the globe. In Japan, over that many Mongolians were annihilated by the Samurai and the typhoons in a single battle...

woman-warrior-cg-artwork-computer-wallpaper-mythology-adventurer-black-hair-warrior-pc-game-scre.jpg

Shinto is completely compatible with Christianity. You can accept Jesus as Lord and Savior Kami and believe in the Resurrection and still be Shinto.

Questions? Thoughts?

There's nothing to argue about in Shinto. Pray incessantly, rely on God and Kami, follow your heart, follow your conscience.
sounds like atheism would then be superior to Shinto.
No dogma, no scripture, no prayer, follow your heart and conscience, exact same results.
Fewer videos.

No dogma, no scripture, no prayer, follow your heart and conscience, exact same results.
Fewer videos.

Not in my experience. When I become atheist I get miserable and want to die, but to each their own.

Fewer videos.
Not in my experience. When I become atheist I get miserable and want to die, but to each their own.
Thing is, if i am in the market for a religion, i want one that reflects reality. I want an accurate portrayal of life, any afterlife, any criteria used in the eternal disposition of anything that persists post mortem, AND some reason to think that the religious traditions can be trusted, aren't just made-up-bullshit.

You offer none of that. Shinto is better because of your taste in written dogma, and is compatible with another faith that's chock full of dogma. That's like buying art because it's green and matches the couch. And horribly clashes with the carpet, but we'll gloss over that issue.

So, for yhe reasons you offer to make Shinto attractive, atheism is superior. Then your rebuttal of completely different standards is just incoherent.

Thing is, if i am in the market for a religion, i want one that reflects reality. I want an accurate portrayal of life, any afterlife, any criteria used in the eternal disposition of anything that persists post mortem, AND some reason to think that the religious traditions can be trusted, aren't just made-up-bullshit.

You offer none of that. Shinto is better because of your taste in written dogma, and is compatible with another faith that's chock full of dogma. That's like buying art because it's green and matches the couch. And horribly clashes with the carpet, but we'll gloss over that issue.

So, for yhe reasons you offer to make Shinto attractive, atheism is superior. Then your rebuttal of completely different standards is just incoherent.

Shinto Trumps other Religions because it doesn't contradict them and is compatible with them. And I have had many coincidences, interior inspirations, answered prayer, and spiritual ecstasy that has left me without a doubt that supernatural entities exist, so it would be stupid for me to choose to be an atheist when it means I'd be miserable plus denying historical scientific findings like this:

https://vivaguadalupe.org/news/ten-amazing-facts

And I've studied too much of this to say all evidence proves atheism is true:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miracle_of_the_Sun

It's true that God is an asshole in my opinion , who insists that we have to know him by faith rather than just audibly speak to us. Just because he's an asshole playing cruel games and being a prick doesn't mean he doesn't exist! ;)

Shinto Trumps other Religions because it doesn't contradict them and is compatible with them.
Okay, but why would i care if a religion is compatible with any other religion?
And I have had many coincidences, interior inspirations, answered prayer, and spiritual ecstasy that has left me without a doubt that supernatural entities exist,
I don't doubt supernatural entities exist. I just don't see a reason to think gods described by human religions exist.
so it would be stupid for me to choose to be an atheist when it means I'd be miserable plus denying historical scientific findings like this:

...and what "ten amazing facts" would i find at this link? And what makes them scientific?
you say "studied." I am unimpressed, so far, with your study skills such as finding out if America had serial killers before people said 'fuck' on TV.
So, you have knowledge that drives you away from being suicidal.
Yay. More power to you. This doesn't begin to tell me why Shinto is accurate.
It's true that God is an asshole in my opinion , who insists that we have to know him by faith rather than just audibly speak to us.
Wait, GOD insists on faith, but you just offered two links to evidence for your religious outlook...
Just because he's an asshole playing cruel games and being a prick doesn't mean he doesn't exist! ;)

Yeah, still looking for a reason to believe in one or more gods, not an excuse for why to believe in gods without a reason....

Just because he's an asshole playing cruel games and being a prick doesn't mean he doesn't exist!
But if God exists, I wonder how that makes him deserve worship, especially if he's a cruel asshole? How does a spirit attain to being "God" and not just a really powerful spirit?

I don't understand how something gets to be "God" without deserving it.

Okay, but why would i care if a religion is compatible with any other religion? I don't doubt supernatural entities exist. I just don't see a reason to think gods described by human religions exist.
so it would be stupid for me to choose to be an atheist when it means I'd be miserable plus denying historical scientific findings like this:

...and what "ten amazing facts" would i find at this link? And what makes them scientific?
you say "studied." I am unimpressed, so far, with your study skills such as finding out if America had serial killers before people said 'fuck' on TV.
So, you have knowledge that drives you away from being suicidal.
Yay. More power to you. This doesn't begin to tell me why Shinto is accurate.
It's true that God is an asshole in my opinion , who insists that we have to know him by faith rather than just audibly speak to us.
Wait, GOD insists on faith, but you just offered two links to evidence for your religious outlook...
Just because he's an asshole playing cruel games and being a prick doesn't mean he doesn't exist! ;)

Yeah, still looking for a reason to believe in one or more gods, not an excuse for why to believe in gods without a reason....

The regarding the serial killer statement, I never said there were no serial killers from that time frame. I said I couldn't recall any and am probably wrong in my assessment That there are none.

I'm actually well versed in Fascism to at least know that those who insist on saying Fascism is hateful or racist are mistaken.

Scientists examined our lady of Guadalupe image on Juan Diego's Tilma that converted the Aztecs to Catholicism, and say it is not a painting and would be impossible to reproduce.

Yes, the spirit world leaves graces, but since we can't audibly hear God, we have to walk by faith.

It's funny you should highlight what I would consider Shinto's darkest and most corrupted time period as an exemplar of its virtues.... But not surprising, I suppose, given your username.

The regarding the serial killer statement, I never said there were no serial killers from that time frame. I said I couldn't recall any and am probably wrong in my assessment That there are none.
IIRC you used the lack of serial killers to make a point, though. You implied that decency in our media was reflected by the lack of serial killers that showed up in your research of the subject.
When proven wrong, you do not offer any retraction of your claim.

THAT is why i am unimpressed by your research abilities.
I'm actually well versed in Fascism to at least know that those who insist on saying Fascism is hateful or racist are mistaken.
Just not for any reasons you can identify....
Scientists examined our lady of Guadalupe image on Juan Diego's Tilma that converted the Aztecs to Catholicism, and say it is not a painting and would be impossible to reproduce.
'Scientists' meaning what? Who was it? What were their disciplines? What tools were available to them? Was this conclusion published? Peer reviewed?
Yes, the spirit world leaves graces, but since we can't audibly hear God, we have to walk by faith.
Traces?
But, if there is evidence of a miracle, it is demonstrably not 'by faith,' is it?

It's funny you should highlight what I would consider Shinto's darkest and most corrupted time period as an exemplar of its virtues.... But not surprising, I suppose, given your username.

Nah, I just feel close to Hirohito and the soldiers of Yasukuni shrine. Hirohito was against that war and innocent of war crimes. Hideki Tojo was the one responsible.

What the communist Chinese did to their own people under Ma's great leap forward was worse than what imperial Japan did.

Besides, I believe the soldiers of Yasukuni Shrine and all Imperial spirits can be redeemed after death and benefit from our prayers.

IIRC you used the lack of serial killers to make a point, though. You implied that decency in our media was reflected by the lack of serial killers that showed up in your research of the subject.
When proven wrong, you do not offer any retraction of your claim.

THAT is why i am unimpressed by your research abilities. Just not for any reasons you can identify....
'Scientists' meaning what? Who was it? What were their disciplines? What tools were available to them? Was this conclusion published? Peer reviewed?
Traces?
But, if there is evidence of a miracle, it is demonstrably not 'by faith,' is it?

The serial killer point hasn't exactly been refuted. I said I hadn't recalled but am probably wrong. That is actually a TRUE STATEMENT!

What I mean is, all the serial killers I read about from that book were more modern than when Bob Hope was a youngster.

Over 60% of convicted serial killers comes from America. That makes America the serial killer capitol of the world. It actually means we have more convicted serial killers in America than all other 194 nations combined.

I highly doubt it was like that in the early 1900's.

My Dad told me when he was a kid it was safe to be unattended and travel throughout Chicago on a public bus. I have asked other elderly people if America was far more safe when they were children, or if there was the serial killer problem, and it is always a resounding "no" to the serial killer problem and "yes" it was more safe.

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume it's possible there were just as many serial killings per capita, they were just more difficult to solve. But wouldn't bet money on it.

Folllowers of Shinto may claim it to be compatible with other religions, but followers of other religions are likely to disagree. Ask a Christian, a Jew or Muslim if they believe Shinto to be compatible with their religion.

The serial killer point hasn't exactly been refuted. I said I hadn't recalled but am probably wrong. That is actually a TRUE STATEMENT!
No, Matt, the 'serial killer point' was your claim that there weren't any because of media decency. Being wrong about the frequency makes your linking it wrong, even if you can point to qualifiers in your claim.
What I mean is, all the serial killers I read about from that book were more modern than when Bob Hope was a youngster.
So, once again, what you said changes undrr cross examination.
Over 60% of convicted serial killers comes from America. That makes America the serial killer capitol of the world. It actually means we have more convicted serial killers in America than all other 194 nations combined.
That are known... Not all jurisdictions have police forces with the resources ours do, so there may be lots more. Plus, lots of places, the mefia is under direct govt. Control and we may never hear of serial killers.
who gives a rats how you feel, now that your evidence has been shown not to support your vlaim?
My Dad told me when he was a kid it was safe to be unattended and travel throughout Chicago on a public bus. I have asked other elderly people if America was far more safe when they were children, or if there was the serial killer problem, and it is always a resounding "no" to the serial killer problem and "yes" it was more safe.
Again, uou have znecdotes. That's not as compelling as you might yyhink.
Plus, thrre's zn ENORMOUS difference in the amount of information available to us today as compared to what was available when they were kids
I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume it's possible there were just as many serial killings per capita, they were just more difficult to solve. But wouldn't bet money on it.
Assume it's possible? How generous of you to commit so fully to the possibility you don't kniw whst you're talking about.

No, Matt, the 'serial killer point' was your claim that there weren't any because of media decency. Being wrong about the frequency makes your linking it wrong, even if you can point to qualifiers in your claim. So, once again, what you said changes undrr cross examination.
That are known... Not all jurisdictions have police forces with the resources ours do, so there may be lots more. Plus, lots of places, the mefia is under direct govt. Control and we may never hear of serial killers.
who gives a rats how you feel, now that your evidence has been shown not to support your vlaim?
Again, uou have znecdotes. That's not as compelling as you might yyhink.
Plus, thrre's zn ENORMOUS difference in the amount of information available to us today as compared to what was available when they were kids
Assume it's possible? How generous of you to commit so fully to the possibility you don't kniw whst you're talking about.

I said I don't recall reading about serial killers during that time, followed by the statement that I was probably wrong. I made it clear not to take my statement with much credibility because I said "IM PROBABLY WRONG".

Get a clue dude.

And I never made the claim you make. I made the claim I couldn't recall any but that I was likely wrong in making that claim.

So I didn't harm my credibility because I made a true statement.

Folllowers of Shinto may claim it to be compatible with other religions, but followers of other religions are likely to disagree. Ask a Christian, a Jew or Muslim if they believe Shinto to be compatible with their religion.

Shinto has one Dogma. The dead become Kami (Spirits). Shinto has no Scriptures. How does that contradict Judaism, Hinduism, Christianity, Islam, Shamanism, or any major Religion you can think of other than branches of Buddhism that might reject the existence of Spirit entities.

A Shinto is free to embrace what Muslims and Christians and Jews embrace. It's just Doctrine and Scripture is discouraged but not forbidden.

Back
Top Bottom