• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Steve Bannon - Seriously?

That's why we need a racist like Bannon whispering in Trump's ear. Hopefully Priebus will be listening at the other ear and the sound will travel easily through Trump's empty head.

Really evokes the literal meaning of echo chamber...

Steve Bannon in the White House is frightening. He was a propagandist at Breitbart. Now he is in the White House. People like Bannon don't believe all people are created equal. That a person like him can be in such a position on influence, on a complete political lightweight gives justification for the fear of a Trump Presidency.

I think that information from divorce proceedings without further backup should not be taken as gospel. If this were stuff against a left wing figure many here would say the same thing. It just muddies the waters, and distracts from direct evidence of Bannon's views.

Now, that does not mean that Bannon is not racist or annoyed by Jews.

He was one of Obama's czars before being forced tor resigned hat position and found a home at CNN.

9/11 "truther" accusation and exoneration

Jones came under additional criticism for his name appearing on a 2004 petition from 911Truth.org that suggested the Bush Administration "may indeed have deliberately allowed 9/11 to happen".[45][54] This accusation was particularly controversial, prompting conservative columnist Charles Krauthammer to declare that while other accusations against Jones were "trivial" this was "beyond partisanship."[55]

Jones immediately issued a statement saying, "I do not agree with this statement and it certainly does not reflect my views now or ever"[45][54] and later clarified that he had never signed the 911Truth petition.[56]

On July 27, 2010, the group 911truth.org released a statement confirming that they had "researched the situation and were unable to produce electronic or written evidence that Van agreed to sign the Statement"

Elsewhere he claimed he signed it but did not read it. So which is it?

But he definitely organized a protest in favor of Mumia Abu Jamal
SF Gate said:
Supporters of Mumia Abu-Jamal, a death row inmate convicted for the 1981 shooting death of a Philadelphia police officer, said the protest was called after the Supreme Court on Monday rejected claims that Abu-Jamal, a former radio journalist and Black Panther, did not receive a fair trial."We knew there was another event going on, but the timing of the court decision is what dictated when the protest was held," said Van Jones, a San Francisco civil rights lawyer who helped coordinate the protest march.
Jones said about 15 protesters occupied the rotunda at the Federal Building on Clay Street in an act of civil disobedience with the hope they would be arrested.
Is Bannon supporting any convicted murderers?

Only if you consider Nazis convicted murderers.

- - - Updated - - -

Steve Bannon in the White House is frightening. He was a propagandist at Breitbart. Now he is in the White House. People like Bannon don't believe all people are created equal. That a person like him can be in such a position on influence, on a complete political lightweight gives justification for the fear of a Trump Presidency.

He's basically Goebbels.

He was one of Obama's czars before being forced tor resigned hat position and found a home at CNN.

9/11 "truther" accusation and exoneration

Jones came under additional criticism for his name appearing on a 2004 petition from 911Truth.org that suggested the Bush Administration "may indeed have deliberately allowed 9/11 to happen".[45][54] This accusation was particularly controversial, prompting conservative columnist Charles Krauthammer to declare that while other accusations against Jones were "trivial" this was "beyond partisanship."[55]

Jones immediately issued a statement saying, "I do not agree with this statement and it certainly does not reflect my views now or ever"[45][54] and later clarified that he had never signed the 911Truth petition.[56]

On July 27, 2010, the group 911truth.org released a statement confirming that they had "researched the situation and were unable to produce electronic or written evidence that Van agreed to sign the Statement"

Elsewhere he claimed he signed it but did not read it. So which is it?

But he definitely organized a protest in favor of Mumia Abu Jamal
SF Gate said:
Supporters of Mumia Abu-Jamal, a death row inmate convicted for the 1981 shooting death of a Philadelphia police officer, said the protest was called after the Supreme Court on Monday rejected claims that Abu-Jamal, a former radio journalist and Black Panther, did not receive a fair trial."We knew there was another event going on, but the timing of the court decision is what dictated when the protest was held," said Van Jones, a San Francisco civil rights lawyer who helped coordinate the protest march.
Jones said about 15 protesters occupied the rotunda at the Federal Building on Clay Street in an act of civil disobedience with the hope they would be arrested.
Is Bannon supporting any convicted murderers?

Only if you consider Nazis convicted murderers.

- - - Updated - - -

He's basically Goebbels.

without the tact

From what I gather, Bannon is cool with Zionist Jews who also respect Europe (especially, since the US is already a melting pot) wanting to keep the dominant ethnic groups intact by having almost no immigration of any sort, even refugees.

He dislikes any open borders advocates and will use the term globalist very often and not be shy for globalist jews (or gentiles). Now if you take Hitler's old speeches internationalist was very often a dog whistle for Jews. This speech in particular where he has his own hype man scream "Juden" at a particular moment:

I would assume he would have the strongest dislike for a Jewish Zionist who was very pro open borders for Europe and the U.S. But it seems that would be rare to have that combination.

There are a few though:

hypocrisy.jpg

I guess there are two questions, first does it make sense to be "anti-globalist" and second can an anti-globalist attack globalist jews (not as jews but as globalists) and not be antisemitic? Of course there are many globalist gentiles (Obama being one), but it seems that you have point that out without being bigoted.

Last edited:
Some [less horrible] news on the cabinet rumor front.

After hearing the Giuliani and Bolton were the front runners for SecState, I now hear rumors that Nikki Haley is up for the job. She will meet with Trump soon.

While she has no relevant experience, and is a republican who I have disagreements with, I give her credit as being a human being, and seemingly intelligent. She's a clear favorite in my mind over the other two contenders. I hope this is more than a rumor.

ETA: Also under consideration (rumored): Mitt Romney. Godspeed Mittens.

Frankly, I'd rather have Kissinger give it another go than have Bolton.

Last edited:
Here's somebody who likes how the cabinet is shaping up.

David Duke ‏@DrDavidDuke 6h6 hours ago Duke: Bannon, Flynn, Sessions: the 1st Steps in Taking America Back! http://davidduke.com/duke-bannon-flynn-sessions-the-1st-steps-in-taking-america-back/ …

CxjktIMUUAAOIlF.jpg

They're not far off.

GettyImages-620870606.jpg

Better not to employ false equivalencies.

Public Policy Polling

Trump's support in South Carolina is built on a base of voters among whom religious and racial intolerance pervades. Among the beliefs of his supporters:
-70% think the Confederate flag should still be flying over the State Capital, to only 20% who agree with it being taken down. In fact 38% of Trump voters say they wish the South had won the Civil War to only 24% glad the North won and 38% who aren't sure. Overall just 36% of Republican primary voters in the state are glad the North emerged victorious to 30% for the South, but Trump's the only one whose supporters actually wish the South had won.

Anyone who uses that photo of Trump eating a taco salad, saying "I love Mexicans," in order to say Trump is not racist is either insane or joking.

Back
Top Bottom