• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Strange bright light coming out of Mars

It's a lighthouse. The Martians are trying to make sure C/2013 A1 (Siding Spring) doesn't run into them.

Thus they are showing there is no intelligent life on Mars--an intelligent being would know comets ignore lighthouses.

That picture have a scale?

Rather than dark 'goo' - it looks like a sand slide, a darker layer of soil uncovered by a slide of the outer crust, lower gravity dynamics and so on.

Here's another example:

0631MR0026080290401659E01_DXXX.jpg

A bit off topic, but here's an interesting picture of what appears to be some sort of goo, presumably brine, oozing out from under a rock:

0606MR0025570300400963E01_DXXX-autoEQ-slide-crop.jpg

The think that made my ears prick up was what appears to be crystal formation in the rock split at the upper right of the image.

Or it could be a monument survey pin for NAD83. Though it may be doubtful the aliens have stepped up to NAD83 yet.

The wish to find intelligent life out there is so great.

People probably think that would usher a Star Trek era. They' don't realize it would probably make us a sort of galactic third world country. Let's just tiptoe around, lest someone know of our pitiful noisy and trashy civilization.

The wish to find intelligent life out there is so great.

People probably think that would usher a Star Trek era. They' don't realize it would probably make us a sort of galactic third world country. Let's just tiptoe around, lest someone know of our pitiful noisy and trashy civilization.

Actually they already do. Earth is an entertainment arena where aliens agitate various parties to war, and bet on the outcomes. Like dog fighting, and we're the dogs.

Interesting little rock/tower formation in the top left hand corner;

It depends on the scale. If the little rock/tower is one to two centimeters tall then I have seen lots of similar "towers" anytime I go for a hike. If it is a hundred meters tall then we really have something interesting there, sorta like the needles in the American southwest.

Interesting little rock/tower formation in the top left hand corner;

It depends on the scale. If the little rock/tower is one to two centimeters tall then I have seen lots of similar "towers" anytime I go for a hike. If it is a hundred meters tall then we really have something interesting there, sorta like the needles in the American southwest.

It's well known that Martians evolved on a miniature scale in order to conserve resources. ;)

Another oddity...just to be clear, I don't mean to imply martian life forms or artifacts, just curiosities of Martian geology.

s1wpidg4zt3leqoxjg5n.jpg

images

The only real oddity I'd see there is that it is rounded (typically implies weathering from water).

The only real oddity I'd see there is that it is rounded (typically implies weathering from water).

Yes weathering, but a part of its oddity lies in its near perfect spherical shape and its isolated position perched on a rock, with nothing else that's similar within its surroundings.

Yes weathering, but a part of its oddity lies in its near perfect spherical shape and its isolated position perched on a rock, with nothing else that's similar within its surroundings.
It looks more elliptical than spherical. Also, the rock's composition is unknown. It could be light and moved about by wind. Which could also explain the weathering.

Back
Top Bottom