• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Suicide Squad Trailer Leaked:catch it quick

And when it's gone, IT WILL NEVER BE BACK. :rolleyes:

(I'll wait a day or two before the put the real thing online, instead of someone recording it from comic con. Thanks.)

I went looking for it yesterday, and could not find it. We did find the similarly leaked Deadpool trailer, but the quality was so shitty, it wasn't really worth it. I would definitely wait for the official Suicide Squad HD trailer to hit the nets if it is anything similar. I have the feeling that the Deadpool trailer from ComicCon will never be released, given that it is R rated, and makes liberal use of foul language and graphic violence. They will probably release a heavily edited version instead.

I really don't get the studio's decisions here. They know damn well that if they show a trailer at the convention, a shitty quality version of it is going to be up on YouTube in an hour, so why not just release the trailer the same day instead of wasting all their time and energy getting pirated copies taken down? The same studio did that with the Batman v Superman trailer (which looks fucking boss, by the way - I'm actually excited about that movie now), so why not have a consistent strategy with their other movie?

I'm excited by the Suicide Squad movie in general

But I found the trailer to be pretty bland and kinda boring
Lots of random shots of nothing happening and people walking around doing nothing
And none of the characters really show anything in this trailer to make them stand out so they all look pretty interchangeable

I'm excited by the Suicide Squad movie in general

But I found the trailer to be pretty bland and kinda boring
Lots of random shots of nothing happening and people walking around doing nothing
And none of the characters really show anything in this trailer to make them stand out so they all look pretty interchangeable

The movie does not come out for over a year yet, so I didn't expect much. That said, it was hard for me to figure out who some of the characters were to begin with.

They will slowly release better trailers as they get closer to the release date. We probably won't see the best of them until next summer.

Too bad the trailer doesn't show the squid itself.

suicidesquid.gif

Honestly, Suicide Squad is one of the more fascinating little corners of the DC universe. It's interesting that this is coming out before a full-fledged Justice League film. I'm glad they're giving us the fat middle-aged version of Amanda Waller instead of the skinny young one as she's somehow more intimidating that way. It raises all kinds of interesting moral questions.

I know I'm going to get lynched for saying this, but I don't mind the look of the new Joker.

Why wild you get lynched for that? He looks cool. It's not like DC fired Ledger and got a new guy.

He's their best villian and the need to keep him in the movies.

What a shitty trailer. What's the conflict in this story? Why are the characters interesting?

I'm glad they're giving us the fat middle-aged version of Amanda Waller instead of the skinny young one as she's somehow more intimidating that way.
The actress is 49, so I guess that covers the middle-aged part, but I wouldn't describe her as "fat".

amanda-waller-viola-davis-suicide-squad-lead.jpg

What a shitty trailer. What's the conflict in this story? Why are the characters interesting?

Keep in mind that this trailer was made specifically for the ComiCon audience. They already know who the characters are, why they are interesting, and at least something of the expected conflict. We probably won't see trailers intended for a more general audience for at least 6-9 months, and they won't hit the TV screen until late spring, or early summer of next year.

I'm glad they're giving us the fat middle-aged version of Amanda Waller instead of the skinny young one as she's somehow more intimidating that way.
The actress is 49, so I guess that covers the middle-aged part, but I wouldn't describe her as "fat".

Aw, man. Thanks for the correction.

- - - Updated - - -

Why wild you get lynched for that? He looks cool. It's not like DC fired Ledger and got a new guy.

For some reason, most nerds really, really hate the look of the new Joker.

Aw, man. Thanks for the correction.

- - - Updated - - -

For some reason, most nerds really, really hate the look of the new Joker.

And for some reason they have also forgotten how much they hated Heath Ledger's joker before that movie came out.

And for some reason they have also forgotten how much they hated Heath Ledger's joker before that movie came out.

Ya, I remember all the bile being spewed about when "that gay cowboy" was slotted for the role. Jared Leto's a damn good actor.

They were also all pissy about Ben Affleck being Batman. I can understand if they'd cast the Ben Affleck from ten years ago when he did Daredevil, but the Ben Affleck of today has been knocking it out of the park for his last few movies and based off the latest trailers, he looks awesome in this next one.

I get nerd-hate and all, but they're overdoing it these days.

Ben Affleck may be a decent actor, but it's an entire different matter to step into the boots of such luminaries as Val Kilmer and George Clooney. :rolleyes:

I don't particularly care who acts who in these superhero movies. The director and the story matter. We already know what a Zack Snyder movie looks and feels like, the characters are almost an afterthought. David ayer's Suicide Squad is a bit more of a question mark, as he's only directer gritty cop dramas (?) before. I think it'll at least be slightly different take on the genre, if nothing else.

Back
Top Bottom