• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Summer Zervos accusations against Trump

Many assault victims do not immediately go to the police.
I think actual assault victims do, because they want to preserve evidence. Liars do not, because they need a reason for why there isn't any evidence 13 or 25 or 35 years after the supposed "assault".

Personally, I experienced such a degree of shock that 'preserving evidence' was the last thing on my mind. My two primary thoughts were: to stop the attack and to avoid further attacks. Even if I had gone straight to persons who would have potentially been concerned, I had no 'proof.' Just allegations and some ruined clothes. Which I hid as I didn't want to get into trouble for ruining a new set of clothes. Like I said: shock was pretty overwhelming.

You have no idea how common this is. No idea at all.

Many assault victims do not immediately go to the police.
I think actual assault victims do, because they want to preserve evidence. Liars do not, because they need a reason for why there isn't any evidence 13 or 25 or 35 years after the supposed "assault".

Personally, I experienced such a degree of shock that 'preserving evidence' was the last thing on my mind. My two primary thoughts were: to stop the attack and to avoid further attacks. Even if I had gone straight to persons who would have potentially been concerned, I had no 'proof.' Just allegations and some ruined clothes. Which I hid as I didn't want to get into trouble for ruining a new set of clothes. Like I said: shock was pretty overwhelming.

You can't be a rape apologist without a good bit of denial.

Bill Shtner's wife, an alcoholic, was found at the bottom of their pool, trapped by her clothes in the pool drain. The day after, the media pressed him with questions when he came out to get his morning paper.

Someone immediately started to wonder if he'd somehow killed his wife becsuse there he was, a day later, just waltzing out for the paper.
Thing is, i don't know what the proper behavior is for finding a spouse dead.
I have taught the kids how to do laundry, and what to do if thgecwasher is unbalanced, or the dryer catches fire, or the bathroom floods (again.). I haven't taught them what to do if the washer starts speaking in Etruscan. No one ever taught me. So, whatever thery do if it happens, i'd be hard pressed to say that their actions were wrong. Because i have offered no standard.
I also haven't covered the expected behavior in mourning a spouse. Or in other unexpected outcomes. No one does.

We try to teach our kids how to avoid rape, assault, vegan menus, and so on. We're less likely to cover what to do if it happens anyway. So, they're not prepared. And they're completely alone in choosing their next steps.
And then, years later, someone who has never been in the situation judges their credibility by what choices they made while in shock.

I was involved in a few cases of people put on Report, including me, while i was in. Yes, there usually is an element of "what you should have done in that situation' every single time such events are prosecuted. But that's usually connected to the punishment phase. "Come to me next time you're being bkackmailed, so you don't get extra duty."
Or training the rest of the crew. "Seaman Schmuck will be on the Captain's Official Shit List thru next April. To avoid the COSL, do not fuck prostitutes in the bilge on duty nights."

It seems less useful to use the 'what you should have done' element at the investigation phase, in determining the claim's credibility.

You can't be a rape apologist without a good bit of denial.

And a lot of hatred towards women. A LOT of hatred towards women.

Because we all know that history shows that when a woman goes to the police and gets a rape kit done that the crime is solved posthaste. 🙄

And enough women have said that when they’ve gone to the police they’ve been effectively interrogated I can imagine that other women might actively *not* want to go to the police immediately.

Summer Zervos sounds made up. Almost like a name of a Bond girl.

Also, since when is "reaching out to a lawyer" or telling family members about an accusation considered evidence?

And what is he supposed to have done this time? I mean, the Barney changing room accusations went nowhere, so this is the next shot, right?

I know an Autumn and a Summer, IRL.

I've spoken with an Autumn at the office but I'm 100% remote, I've never seen her. I don't know any Summers but how about Summer Glau from Firefly?

I've met a Summer, an Autumn, a Winter, and a Spring. All female. To be fair, Winter's given name was "Winterdove" but she introduced herself as "Winter."

I remember from back in the days I worked in the hospital lab. A pair of female twins named Twinkle and Sparkle.

As usual, you all let the distractor distract you.....

Will any of the legal proceedings from this decision happen quickly enough to affect the election? I suspect not, although the media could do its job and remind people on a regular basis that trump has this case (and others) pending in court, then find a trump tweet about how anyone under investigation shouldn't be able to run for president.

That would be wishful thinking, though.

Back
Top Bottom