• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Super Tuesday Is Upon Us!

California is only 90% reported.

I read today it will take a couple of weeks to complete.

Those things do not reflect Biden's positions. Is anyone actually ignorant enough to believe that those are Biden's positions?

Here are my thoughts. It would be a high risk low reward to conspire like this, so most likely not a conspiracy. What would be the point?

A computer glitch or bug or even hack that assigns Biden more votes. That's plausible but there probably isn't a single technology they'd have to hack...and would have to get into too many systems.

Other thought... this gives the appearance of several independent observations of non-random difference from expectation. But it could hypothetically be explained by just one variable.

Example: people were embarassed they voted for Biden. Or the computer reader is structured in a way that ambiguity favors first in the list. Both hypotheses seem very unlikely.

Here's my hypothesis. CNN packed up polling early at 6pm so they could get together, consolidate results and make a report at 7pm when polls close. They did not anticipate any time bias. [Alternative: poll workers are limited and so poll a maximum of n people per hour.] If there is a time bias, like poorer people polling later, African Americans stuck in longer lines later, then that could be correlated to Biden voters being higher in count later, but sampled relatively less.

My nephew posted this on FB. Pretty concise roundup.

View attachment 26427

Did your nephew provide links to Biden's actual positions on each of those items? Or was it just "He's not Bernie, so he must be exactly like the current guy in office"?

It's clearly wrong on climate action. Biden will do something but it won't be enough as he will likely move slightly right. But yeah, he supports Paris climate agreement.

The other items could be right but a couple depend on semantics and interpretation. An example is 'no racial justice.' Are they talking about reparations? I think so because you can't have partial justice and call it justice. So semantics.

I will add Trump's foreign policy might be better than Biden's. Trump says crazy things. But he sat down with North Korea, got us out of Syria, and made a peace deal with Afghan Taliban. He may start a war with Iran but it hasn't happened yet. There are many unknowns.

I did click it, that's how I got the link to the exit poll. He adjusted them wrong if he's going by the current numbers they have there. Look it up yourself.

I did click it, that's how I got the link to the exit poll. He adjusted them wrong if he's going by the current numbers they have there. Look it up yourself.

The link tells you they are not the current numbers because the current numbers are adjusted based on the votes.

[1] Exit poll downloaded from CNN’s website by TDMS on election night, February 29, 2020 at 7:00 PM. Candidates’ exit poll percentage/proportion derived from the gender category. Number of respondents: 2018. As this first published exit poll was subsequently adjusted towards conformity with the final computerized vote count, the currently published exit poll differs from the results above.

How does he know they were adjusted like that?

Never mind, their info page says, "After polls close, data is weighted to the official final numbers."

In that case, he should have given an archived link or screen cap then.

How does he know they were adjusted like that?

Never mind, their info page says, "After polls close, data is weighted to the official final numbers."

In that case, he should have given an archived link or screen cap then.

Why is everything his fault? If he gave a screen capture, I wouldn't trust it. I would be skeptical it would be photoshopped. All I can say is just like you mentioned, CNN even says they adjust their numbers according to the official count, it is standard in referencing a website to list timestamp it was retrieved and the website, and CNN's own web page says the time of updating was 10:50pm. Also, I already gave an explanation for this which is some kind of time bias. What I wrote in my explanation page(s) ago is not completely unreasonable, is it?

Anyway, here is wayback machine. I put in Feb 28th, but CNN page is giving me data from the 29th at 6:48pm. WEIRD.

https://web.archive.org/web/2020022...ance-and-exit-polls/south-carolina/democratic

You can see it is more consistent with what the author said.

BUT again, I don't see a reason to get excited over this discrepancy.

Okay, that does match. I wonder then how many delegates difference it would be.

Back
Top Bottom