• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Sweden, Finland, and Ukraine joining NATO?

Russia took something back which should have never been taken from them in the first place.
And they did not even take it, it left Ukraine fair and square.

They took something or not? If they took something then it was annected, that is what an invasion is.

So it's fair to blame USA for everything it has ever done since early 20th century, but for Russia, the clock was conveniently reset after the Soviet Union fell?

Soviet Union has fucked with Cuba (and a number of other countries) at least as much as USA since WW2.

Finland and Sweden joining NATO would have the effect of restricting Russia in the Baltic Sea, Russia supports Syria because of access to the Med...

Finland and Sweden joining NATO would have the effect of restricting Russia in the Baltic Sea, Russia supports Syria because of access to the Med...

How? Russia already has a coastline toward the Baltic. Sweden already cooperates as much as is possible with NATO (without actually being member). We already send all our intel straight to USA. Also, Denmark is already a NATO member. So I fail to see what difference it would make.

So it's fair to blame USA for everything it has ever done since early 20th century, but for Russia, the clock was conveniently reset after the Soviet Union fell?

Soviet Union has fucked with Cuba (and a number of other countries) at least as much as USA since WW2.
Who is blaming USA? All I see is blaming Russia
Soviet Union fucked with Cuba? in what alternate Universe?

Russia took something back which should have never been taken from them in the first place.
And they did not even take it, it left Ukraine fair and square.

They took something or not? If they took something then it was annected, that is what an invasion is.
According to western propaganda "took", according to reality it left Ukraine and got back where it belongs.

Who is blaming USA? All I see is blaming Russia Soviet Union fucked with Cuba? in what alternate Universe?
Your defense of Russia is the 'lowest common denomitor' defense. You believe that Russia can be assholes because the U.S. can be an asshole.

Finland and Sweden joining NATO would have the effect of restricting Russia in the Baltic Sea
I like your honesty. I mean you don't hide intention of containing and shutting down Russia.
You should go further and get Russia really out of Baltic, take Saint-Petersburg.
And then Black Sea, go and help Turkey to take Crimea, as you did in the 19 century.

I like your honesty. I mean you don't hide intention of containing and shutting down Russia. You should go further and get Russia really out of Baltic, take Saint-Petersburg.
No one wants to shut down the Bear. Russians have such an inferiority complex! I would just ask that you stop bullying other countries. Stop invading. The way is to expand your influence is to act nice: economic development, mutually benefical trade, openness, culture, treating your own citizens with respect and freedom, and etc.

How? Russia already has a coastline toward the Baltic. Sweden already cooperates as much as is possible with NATO (without actually being member). We already send all our intel straight to USA. Also, Denmark is already a NATO member. So I fail to see what difference it would make.
Doc: I'd be interested if you started your own thread discussing Finland's current relationship with Russia. Are Fins concerned about future conflict with Russia? What is the trade like with Russia. Are fins socially liberal like the west, or conservative like Russia?

I like your honesty. I mean you don't hide intention of containing and shutting down Russia. You should go further and get Russia really out of Baltic, take Saint-Petersburg.
No one wants to shut down the Bear. Russians have such an inferiority complex! I would just ask that you stop bullying other countries. Stop invading.
Fuck! what part of "Russia did not invade anyone" you do not understand?
The way is to expand your influence is to act nice: economic development, mutually benefical trade, openness, culture, treating your own citizens with respect and freedom, and etc.
That's all great, but you honestly think it was the thought process when you decided to have Ukraine to yourself?
And you honestly thought that NATO can just nicely ask Russia out of Sevastopol?

Those calling on the US to stop Russia are saying "When the US does it, it is ok, but when anyone else does it, it isn't. The US is above the standards it sets for other countries."

And what you're saying here is "It's okay for Russia to do bad things, because these other motherfuckers have done bad things too."

Pointing out hypocrisy isn't an excuse for bad behavior. Stop saying that it is.

Besides, nobody is calling on the *US* specifically to stop Russia.

:rolleyes:

Barbos, are you Russian? Because damn!
For me, the sad part is that Barbos has access to unbiased news. The majority of Russians only have access to Putin controlled media.

The Russian government gives unblocked access to the agents they pay to echo Putin's propaganda. Not that this has any bearing on the current conversation, I'm just rambling off-topic, pay no attention. :D

And what you're saying here is "It's okay for Russia to do bad things, because these other motherfuckers have done bad things too."

Pointing out hypocrisy isn't an excuse for bad behavior. Stop saying that it is.

Besides, nobody is calling on the *US* specifically to stop Russia.

:rolleyes:

The Apocalypse is nigh! I actually agree wholeheartedly with Jason.

Luckily, the teabagger loons who want Murkkka to go Kick Putin's Butt are an impotent frothing minority. But it's important to recognise that they exist, and to remember how quickly their opinions became mainstream after 9/11. This twisted underbelly of Murkkin lunacy is always there, waiting for events to boil the pot until the scum rises to the top.

Back
Top Bottom