• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Syed's Mega-Thread

what if you have hemorrhoid would you see nude doctor?
And once more, ducking the question.

But hey, syed, my current primary care physician is a female doctor.
Neither of us LIKE the prostate check, but we still go through with it.
Because my health is more important to me than my modesty.
And this is just a precaution, not the result of any complaints.

So, yeah, I'd see a nude doctor for my hemorrhoids (and I love how you can spell hemorrhoid, but 'miss' verb tenses).

what if you have hemorrhoid would you see nude doctor?
And once more, ducking the question.

But hey, syed, my current primary care physician is a female doctor.
Neither of us LIKE the prostate check, but we still go through with it.
Because my health is more important to me than my modesty.
And this is just a precaution, not the result of any complaints.

So, yeah, I'd see a nude doctor for my hemorrhoids (and I love how you can spell hemorrhoid, but 'miss' verb tenses).

so you must be afraid of male nude doctor then

God is an Engineer not a Magician

Originally Posted by Syed View Post

god is an engineer not a magician

Gila Guerilla
You say that "God" made humans from dirt. It's certainly not by engineering, because dirt does not engineer into living things,

god is an engineer meaning that god act like engineer, when god decided to create a bird he design bird's outer looks and ALL necessary organs and finally put soul into it and bird become live

thats engineering NOT magic

You say that "God" made humans from dirt. It's certainly not by engineering, because dirt does not engineer into living things,
(not in the way you seem to mean). How does dirt turn into the materials in a living thing ??? Dirt is basically silicon, oxygen

in this context "dirt" simply mean earth elements

You also say that "God" made the universe from smoke. What sort of smoke can be engineered into all of the things in the
universe, and by what mechanism* ???

in this context ''smoke'' simply mean particles

god burn smokey particles billions / trillions years and turned them into 1000s of elements we have on earth

water and steel and other elements came from SAME ''smoke'' particles which is existed before our physical universe

will continue later

Gila Guerilla

god is an engineer meaning that god act like engineer, when god decided to create a bird he design bird's outer looks and ALL necessary organs and finally put soul into it and bird become live

(not in the way you seem to mean). How does dirt turn into the materials in a living thing ??? Dirt is basically silicon, oxygen

in this context "dirt" simply mean earth elements

You also say that "God" made the universe from smoke. What sort of smoke can be engineered into all of the things in the
universe, and by what mechanism* ???

in this context ''smoke'' simply mean particles

god burn smokey particles billions / trillions years and turned them into 1000s of elements we have on earth

water and steel and other elements came from SAME ''smoke'' particles which is existed before our physical universe

will continue later

So, God engineered all those nasty parasites, deadly bacteria, viruses, and the nasty natural world of predation pain and suffering.

Yes, God is quite the engineer.

Gila Guerilla

Do you mean an immaterial entity possesses the body for the time that the bird is alive?

If so, you're talking spirit-possession which is magic and not engineering.

Do you mean an immaterial entity possesses the body for the time that the bird is alive?

please rephrase the question

You said that after God put the parts and pieces of a bird together, he then put a soul "into" those parts and pieces. And that's how a bird goes from being material parts to being alive.

Right?

So, it sounds like engineering up until you said God "put soul into it".

I don't see how "put soul into it" counts as engineering, because you have not described how a soul functions. Is the soul parts and pieces like the body? If so then what's it made of? In what way is the soul different from the body?

Remember to describe the soul like an engineer would, as best as you are able, or your claim that there's no magic in your description is not a very convincing claim.

atheism is worthless philosophy will not survived

there is no benefit in atheism, for instance if my life based on denying aliens dont exist, i again nothing from it

if i believe sky daddy exist and he want me to be good human

WE ALL benefit from that EVEN that is a delusion

atheism only offer is delusion like " we believe in science" "there will be no war if we all become atheists"

in other hand religion civilized human

You said that after God put the parts and pieces of a bird together, he then put a soul "into" those parts and pieces. And that's how a bird goes from being material parts to being alive.

Right?

So, it sounds like engineering up until you said God "put soul into it".

I don't see how "put soul into it" counts as engineering, because you have not described how a soul functions. Is the soul parts and pieces like the body? If so then what's it made of? In what way is the soul different from the body?

Remember to describe the soul like an engineer would, as best as you are able, or your claim that there's no magic in your description is not a very convincing claim.

to understand what is soul, soul is like electricity, soul charged the body and keep us live

Syed said:
Gila Guerilla said:
3. "God" has foreknowledge of where all of the atoms in the universe will be at any time in the future.

i didnt say that {emphasis added}
Yes you did, see below . . .

Gila Guerilla said:
What are the real and total limitations upon "God's" knowledge ???

human free will actions. . .
There is no mention of past, present or future in this reply, and no mention of atoms, molecules, (where they are or how many), or actions not of supposed " free will", like apples falling, or a human's heart beating.

Syed said:
The Christian god is said to be omniscient. I would like to know, in your Muslim belief, just how much foreknowledge "God", as you understand "him", has.
As you are 57 years old, imagine back 100 hundred years, (ie. before you were born). Did "God" at that time know when in the future, you would be born ?
Further to that, does "God" now know when you will die, and how, (maybe of old age, cancer, heart failure or whatever else) ?
NO
we believe that god created EVERY THING that mean he have knowledge of everything
At the same time as saying that "God" has knowledge of everything, you also say that "God" does not have knowledge of everything.
The thoughts you provide are illogical, because they contradict themselves, (you contradict yourself, Syed).

Gila Guerilla said:
To completely avoid the problem of supposed "free will", suppose event E is something non-human, like a particular apple falling from a particular tree.

Syed said:
to MY understanding of islam NO but god does know appleS will fall to the ground

But apples-falling-to-the-ground is part of the everything, which you claimed above, God" has knowledge about.

Apples are just collections of atoms and molecules, as are trees.
In reply to: 'What are the real and total limitations upon "God's" knowledge ???', you said: 'human free will actions. . .'

That reply makes is no mention of atoms, molecules, (where they are or how many), or actions not of "free will", like apples falling, or a human's heart beating.

You are also conflating a god that is timeless, with one that is time-limited, yet the two must surely be mutually exclusive.

So in your words, (re-phrased), Syed: [The real and total limitations upon "God's" knowledge is 'human free will actions. . .']
Human freewill actions - that is all that you mention ! ! !

Syed said:
maybe this will help you

does god know a baby will grow up to adulthood and die with cancer? NO

does god knew a adult has cancer before diagnoses? yes
So we learn from this that "God" can see into the future, and have knowledge of what is to happen withing the human body, (the cancer).

Do I understand you correctly on this, Syed ???

Syed said:
Gila Guerilla said:
So to rephrase once again: Given the exception of human freewill, does "God" have knowledge of everything about every corner of the universe, now, in the past, and into the future, (as long as we have a universe) ???
over ALL yes, minor DETAIL maybe no
What the heck is a minor detail, (keep in mind my post about the butterfly effect) ???

Syed, I am trying to establish all the details about "God's" ability to see things in the future.

What "God" can see in the present or the past is of no interest. I still can't grasp what you're telling us about this aspect of your god-concept, Syed, despite my stating as 'clear as crystal' in the above, 'What are the real and total limitations upon "God's" knowledge ???' That means fore-knowledge, (but may include present and past). For a god that can see into the future, really there is no future. To such a god, it's all knowledge as though in the now, (and over all time).

Here's an aside comment: To speak of past, present and future is actually silly, because they are relative, but I am trying to look at things from the perspective of, Syed.

Gila Guerilla

you write way too MUCH for me

ask one question at a time then we move to the other

i enjoy talking to you but i can only write one or two lines

Gila Guerilla

pick one quesstion then we move to your other question

. . . Of course evolution can do the job of moulding life into all the forms we observe,
but it took about 4½ billion years to happen. {Note that evolution does NOT explain how life first originated}.
I felt that I should clarify the above. The earth was formed about 4½ billion years ago.
Life first appeared about 3.8 billion years ago. So life arose on earth when the earth was some 700 million years old.
Evolution has thus had 3.8 billion years, to modify the first life forms, into all of the life forms that we have today,
and that have existed on earth in the past.

Furthermore, scientists are making progress on explaining how life first arose on earth. Here's a link to a cursory article on the topic :-

How Did Life Arise on Earth? By Ker Than

(LiveScience dot com)

Click the link to read it, (eg. Syed please click the link below and read the article ! ! !)

. . . . . . . . . . . .. . . . . .. . . . . .. . . . . .. . . . . .. . . . . .. . . . . .. . . . . .

http://www.livescience.com/1804-greatest-mysteries-life-arise-earth.html

. . .. . . . . .. . . . . .. . . . . .. . . . . .. . . . . .. . . . . .. . . . . .. . . . . .. . . .

Gila Guerilla

pick one question then we move to your other question
If we are going to get anywhere, I need to know the absolute and total limits on "God's" knowledge.
I'm not being rude or kidding, but you do contradict yourself, Syed, and it leaves me not knowing what you believe. You've
answered this question before, and then given another answer at another time, which does not agree with previous answer(s).
Since I am especially interested in "God's" knowledge about the future, then it is the limits on "God's" future knowledge that I
seek.

A point to consider is: For a god that can see into the future, really there is no future. To such a god, it's all knowledge as
though
in the now, (and over all time). So past, present and future should only apply to humans. On that analysis, a god
that can see into the future, should be able to have all knowledge of all things, and with a vast capacity for knowledge,
should have no trouble knowing something like where every particle of matter is, at every time, and how such particles are
behaving
, (speeds directions etc.), no matter when. Also, there should be no problem with such a god knowing about future
"free will" actions by humans
, no matter how much it makes the life is a test theory seem to be untrue.

The key question then, is: 'Of all the things which God" might know ~ what is
beyond "God's" knowledge, and what is known, to "God", when and why ???'

If it's clear what is beyond "God's knowledge, then every other thing that "God" might know, is known to "him", (all times
included now, then, and still to come.

Here's a chimpanzee in a suit ...
Chimpanzee+in+a+suit.jpg

I don't know if he can read and write, though, or make a computer. But he is wearing clothes, so that must make him at least half-civilised, according to Syed's definition.

Gila Guerilla

pick one question then we move to your other question
If we are going to get anywhere, I need to know the absolute and total limits on "God's" knowledge.
I'm not being rude or kidding, but you do contradict yourself, Syed, and it leaves me not knowing what you believe. You've
answered this question before, and then given another answer at another time, which does not agree with previous answer(s).
Since I am especially interested in "God's" knowledge about the future, then it is the limits on "God's" future knowledge that I
seek.

A point to consider is: For a god that can see into the future, really there is no future. To such a god, it's all knowledge as
though
in the now, (and over all time). So past, present and future should only apply to humans. On that analysis, a god
that can see into the future, should be able to have all knowledge of all things, and with a vast capacity for knowledge,
should have no trouble knowing something like where every particle of matter is, at every time, and how such particles are
behaving
, (speeds directions etc.), no matter when. Also, there should be no problem with such a god knowing about future
"free will" actions by humans
, no matter how much it makes the life is a test theory seem to be untrue.

If it's clear what is beyond "God's knowledge, then every other thing that "God" might know, is known to "him", (all times
included now, then, and still to come.

god has knowledge of ALL thing in the universe because he created them

god has no knowledge of BEFORE ( split second) human take action

you take action then god knows your action..........he didnt know before

stay with this topic

you may have some question on same topic

Back
Top Bottom