• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Syrian fakefugee injures 31 in Essen

Derec

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
atheist
Machete-armed man with Palestinian flag wounds 31 in Germany with arson, ramming attacks

Jersualem Post said:
A 41-year-old Syrian national wounded 31 people, including two children who were left in critical condition, in arson attacks on Saturday in the German city of Essen, according to police and media reports from Sunday morning.
At around 5:10 p.m. on Saturday, the man set fire to a residential building on Altenessener Strasse, at the corner of Pielsticker Strasse, according to Bild. He later drove a few streets over, where he set fire to a second residence.
[...]
Sources told Bild that they arrested the man, who had burns on his hands, a few meters from the store. Tagesschau reported that he was known to the police before the incident.
GYp__iKWwAApUSG.jpg

A lot of these people are "known to the police" but don't get deported.

This is why the right-wing parties are gaining ground. Just today, far-right FPÖ won most seats in Austrian elections. However, it looks like SPÖ and ÖVP will be able to form a coalition government with a one seat majority.

I see, is “fakefugee” another allegedly clever neologism of right-wing loons, like “lawfare?”
It's expressing the fact that many of the "refugees" that flooded into Europe (and that are flooding into US from Latin America) are economic migrants, not legitimate refugees.

Do you have an opinion on this attack though?

A lot of these people are "known to the police" but don't get deported.
Yeah, the rule of law tends to frown upon deportation (or any other punishment) on the sole word of the police.

Back in the olden days, I am sure the Gestapo didn't have to bother with such fripparies as evidence or charges (or that they could depend entirely on the courts to back them on political, rather than legal, grounds).

Sadly, the days of German totalitarian police authority are gone.

Actually, perhaps the only one here who is sad about it is you.

It's expressing the fact that many at least one of the "refugees" that flooded into Europe (and that are flooding into US from Latin America) are economic migrants violent criminals, not in addition to being legitimate refugees.
FTFY.

You have zero reason to believe that economic migrants are likely to be violent criminals, nor that anyone other than legitimate refugees are allowed in under the law (that's what "legitimate" means).

I'm a lot more concerned about all the white males that commit mass murders then I am the rare immigrant who commits a violent crime. I looked it up yesterday and the statistics were that about 81 percent of the mass murders in the US are committed by white males. And, most people know that immigrants, commit far fewer crimes compared to people who were born in the US.

I see, is “fakefugee” another allegedly clever neologism of right-wing loons, like “lawfare?”
It's expressing the fact that many of the "refugees" that flooded into Europe (and that are flooding into US from Latin America) are economic migrants, not legitimate refugees.
Even if that were true, and you have offered no supporting evidence, so what? What does that have to do with your opening post?
Do you have an opinion on this attack though?

What sort of opinion would you expect me to have? :rolleyes:

I'm a lot more concerned about all the white males that commit mass murders then I am the rare immigrant who commits a violent crime. I looked it up yesterday and the statistics were that about 81 percent of the mass murders in the US are committed by white males. And, most people know that immigrants, commit far fewer crimes compared to people who were born in the US.
Correct. And what should we conclude from this, based on Derec’s own “logic”?

Deport all white males, of course!

Which is totally irrelevant to the OP.

How Swedish gangs are exporting young contract killers across Scandinavia

Sweden is accused of exporting its gang violence problem to its Nordic neighbours after at least 25 young Swedes on suspected contract-killing or bombing missions were arrested in Denmark over the past four months. Denmark has imposed controls on the Swedish border, with a particular focus on the Oresund Bridge, and Norway has said Swedish gangs are now operating in every single Norwegian district.
Peter Hummelgaard, the Danish justice minister, said Sweden’s neighbours were suffering the “consequences of [its] longstanding failed immigration and criminal justice policy”. Emilie Enger Mehl, his Norwegian opposite number, agreed, albeit in slightly more diplomatic language.
Their diagnosis is that a generous set of asylum policies and an enthusiasm for multiculturalism, combined with poor urban planning and an increasingly threadbare welfare state, led to the emergence of “exposed areas” that were not seriously addressed until the past few years.
These city districts, characterised by high levels of crime and benefits dependency, and low levels of income and educational attainment, function as reservoirs for gang recruiters.

Sweden is accused of exporting its gang violence problem to its Nordic neighbours after at least 25 young Swedes on suspected contract-killing or bombing missions were arrested in Denmark over the past four months. Denmark has imposed controls on the Swedish border, with a particular focus on the Oresund Bridge, and Norway has said Swedish gangs are now operating in every single Norwegian district.
Peter Hummelgaard, the Danish justice minister, said Sweden’s neighbours were suffering the “consequences of [its] longstanding failed immigration and criminal justice policy”. Emilie Enger Mehl, his Norwegian opposite number, agreed, albeit in slightly more diplomatic language.
Their diagnosis is that a generous set of asylum policies and an enthusiasm for multiculturalism, combined with poor urban planning and an increasingly threadbare welfare state, led to the emergence of “exposed areas” that were not seriously addressed until the past few years.
These city districts, characterised by high levels of crime and benefits dependency, and low levels of income and educational attainment, function as reservoirs for gang recruiters.

What exactly do Swedish gangs recruiting Swedish youths have to do with a Syrian national wounding 31 people in Germany?

Let me clarify. The incident involving a Syrian national in Germany stems from a completely different set of circumstances, likely driven by personal, political, or extremist motives, rather than organized crime. I get that you're trying to connect this to broader immigration challenges, but these are two distinct issues.

Even if that were true, and you have offered no supporting evidence, so what? What does that have to do with your opening post?
A "legitimate refugee" is a person who needs our help, because the government in his own country is directly threatening him (or his family) with death or imprisonment by the use of force.

This is, obviously, completely different from an "economic migrant", which is a person who needs our help, because the government in his own country has policies that threaten him (or his family) with death or misery by the absence of basic needs.

Apparently, if someone might shoot or jail you, you deserve help, but if someone plans to starve you or drive you into grinding poverty, tough luck.

What exactly do Swedish gangs recruiting Swedish youths have to do with a Syrian national wounding 31 people in Germany?
They are all "immigrants", and therefore interchangeably untrustworthy.

I wonder which part of the USA Derec was born in?

Or, is "immigrant" a poorly concealed euphemism for "Muslim", or maybe just "brown"? It's frowned upon to be openly racist, or to discriminate solely on the basis of religion. But we are allowed to whine about "immigrants", without many people thinking so poorly of us.

Let me clarify. The incident involving a Syrian national in Germany stems from a completely different set of circumstances, likely driven by personal, political, or extremist motives, rather than organized crime. I get that you're trying to connect this to broader immigration challenges, but these are two distinct issues.

Of course they are connected. This is the result of the "refugees welcome" policy in Europe.

Of course they are connected. This is the result of the "refugees welcome" policy in Europe.

Hmm, after doing some digging, I see your point. I’ve changed my perspective—the two issues are indeed connected through immigration policies. If I understand correctly, immigrants from Iraq and Syria are living in impoverished neighborhoods in Sweden, and some have formed or joined gangs that are exploiting the failures of both the government and Swedish society in terms of inadequate integration efforts (in your argument, poor immigration policies).

Carry on then.

Syrian, Swede both begin with the same letter.

Its what the omniscient use when passes moral judgment even when they are not even on the same continent.
That does not stop you passing judgement, particularly upon Israelis, even though you are not on the same continent.

Back
Top Bottom