• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Taylor Swifts court trial

RVonse

Veteran Member
Basic Beliefs
that people in the US are living in the matrx
Here: http://www.cnn.com/2017/08/10/entertainment/taylor-swift-trial-court-sketches-trnd/index.html

Apparantly, the reporter felt her ass. And from the article it does look like he really did it. Ill just get this out of the way. It was a nasty thing for him to have done to her. But thats not the point of my OP.

What I am hoping for is some input from some of our distinguished feminists here on this board to help me understand. And perhaps even give me some council on the matter. Because, honest to god if I were a multi million celebrity and this had happened to me (female reporter since I am male) I know I would just shrug this off and go about my normal daily routines again. I would still have my ass in tact since it only got felt and I would still have a life only others would dream about. Perhaps I would go somewhere on my private jet to some balmy pacific island and put down some beer. But I certantly would not waste a second of my time hanging out in court trying to further destroy another person and their career. Even if he/she was a pervert.

Someone please help me to understand the female mind. And if you are going to tell me that everything is different if you are a female in this situation then help me understand why all the other equal rights issues arent different if you are a female.

Here: http://www.cnn.com/2017/08/10/entertainment/taylor-swift-trial-court-sketches-trnd/index.html

Apparantly, the reporter felt her ass. And from the article it does look like he really did it. Ill just get this out of the way. It was a nasty thing for him to have done to her. But thats not the point of my OP.

What I am hoping for is some input from some of our distinguished feminists here on this board to help me understand. And perhaps even give me some council on the matter. Because, honest to god if I were a multi million celebrity and this had happened to me (female reporter since I am male) I know I would just shrug this off and go about my normal daily routines again. I would still have my ass in tact since it only got felt and I would still have a life only others would dream about. Perhaps I would go somewhere on my private jet to some balmy pacific island and put down some beer. But I certantly would not waste a second of my time hanging out in court trying to further destroy another person and their career. Even if he/she was a pervert.

Someone please help me to understand the female mind. And if you are going to tell me that everything is different if you are a female in this situation then help me understand why all the other equal rights issues arent different if you are a female.

Us males cannot mansplain to women how a woman should feel. The question should be to women how they react.

Some will ignore it but for a celebrity a lawsuit like this can act as a deterrent. Some may give the offender a smack. Others may go to court. It's a female's choice not ours to make.

Are you trying to be a poe?

This guy is an idiot asshole and Swift is in the right here.

Philip DeFranco gives a good rundown of it

Good user comment:

Dissapointed in people saying Taylor wasn't assualted because if she was, she would have called out or slapped his hand away. Actually it's far more common than not for a victim of sexual assault, especially when that assault takes place in public or within the view of others for the victim to freeze. Sometimes from fear, sometimes from shock and other times from just the social pressure not t cause a scene for fear of judgement. A commonly known example of this is the common occurrence in japan of sexual assault on overcrowded trains. In Japan it is seen as very rude to make noise or fuss on public transport which has inadvertently created a safe space for predators. Young girls are often groped and simply let it happen due to embarrassment, shame and outright fear of causing a scene and being judged for doing so. What you're expecting from sexual assault victims is an immediate response but this is a rare reaction, it's far more common for victims to submit to the situation in hopes to just get it over with. Similarly in rape victims they are often asked why didn't you fight more? Why didn't you scream? It's a completely unreasonable and insensitive line of questioning also because unless you are the victim of that specific situation you have no idea how you would truly react. i'm not an SJW by a long shot, i think it's ridiculous that an innocent man can be accused of sexual assault these days for merely saying "you look hot" to a woman, that women are accusing people of "online rape" in video games and classing looks as assault. However, this particular line of questioning is exactly what people are talking about when they say 'victim blaming' To have the courage to come forward and report the crime then to be told no it's not assault because you didn't scream loud enough/ fight hard enough/ react quick enough

I will try to explain. I think men and women are different, unless women don't want to feel different like in the case of James Damore, a google engineer which was stupid enough to say out loud what everybody thinks quietly

I thought the case was: He's suing her for defamation.

I will try to explain. I think men and women are different, unless women don't want to feel different like in the case of James Damore, a google engineer which was stupid enough to say out loud what everybody thinks quietly

Well, not what everyone thinks privately. Just want brain dead, misogynist dipshits think privately.

That changes absolutely nothing with regards to my OP. His suit for defamation could not have materialized if Taylor had not succeeding to having him fired in the first place.

But I do stand corrected and thank you for pointing out that detail.

Oh boy...

What I am hoping for is some input from some of our distinguished feminists here on this board to help me understand. And perhaps even give me some council on the matter. Because, honest to god if I were a multi million celebrity and this had happened to me (female reporter since I am male) I know I would just shrug this off and go about my normal daily routines again.
And there you go.
I would still have my ass in tact since it only got felt and I would still have a life only others would dream about. Perhaps I would go somewhere on my private jet to some balmy pacific island and put down some beer. But I certantly would not waste a second of my time hanging out in court trying to further destroy another person and their career. Even if he/she was a pervert.
So being rich means that the money should help you forget that a guy did that? Something you described as "nasty". I think she is doing this to help send a message abroad, that this shit is not tolerable... and it isn't about her, but women in general. Doing this doesn't elicit the greatest press, and it brings some certain people to the surface to question motives. She risked some things in doing this. She isn't out for revenge, I think she is out to make to a larger stand, ie this stuff is more common that people like Rvonse appreciate and it has to stop.

What the fuck does this have to do with the OP?!

Are you trying to be a poe?

Philip DeFranco gives a good rundown of it

Good user comment:

Dissapointed in people saying Taylor wasn't assualted because if she was, she would have called out or slapped his hand away. Actually it's far more common than not for a victim of sexual assault, especially when that assault takes place in public or within the view of others for the victim to freeze. Sometimes from fear, sometimes from shock and other times from just the social pressure not t cause a scene for fear of judgement. A commonly known example of this is the common occurrence in japan of sexual assault on overcrowded trains. In Japan it is seen as very rude to make noise or fuss on public transport which has inadvertently created a safe space for predators. Young girls are often groped and simply let it happen due to embarrassment, shame and outright fear of causing a scene and being judged for doing so. What you're expecting from sexual assault victims is an immediate response but this is a rare reaction, it's far more common for victims to submit to the situation in hopes to just get it over with. Similarly in rape victims they are often asked why didn't you fight more? Why didn't you scream? It's a completely unreasonable and insensitive line of questioning also because unless you are the victim of that specific situation you have no idea how you would truly react. i'm not an SJW by a long shot, i think it's ridiculous that an innocent man can be accused of sexual assault these days for merely saying "you look hot" to a woman, that women are accusing people of "online rape" in video games and classing looks as assault. However, this particular line of questioning is exactly what people are talking about when they say 'victim blaming' To have the courage to come forward and report the crime then to be told no it's not assault because you didn't scream loud enough/ fight hard enough/ react quick enough

^This. As a guy I have no trouble understanding Swift's desire to punish this creep for his actions. She has the wealth behind her to do what would be much harder for most women to do, and just maybe she figures this will help re-enforce the idea that this kind of behavior is unacceptable. She is wealthy enough to never work another day in her life if she felt like it, so it's not like this will sap vacation days away from a hypothetical 9-5 job...

She is right and I get that part.

But what the hell is she doing? Was it really that serious to get your ass touched? I'm just saying I would not have reacted that way if I were in her shoes and trying to understand the dynamics of feminism.

Well, not what everyone thinks privately. Just want brain dead, misogynist dipshits think privately.
So basically anyone who is not a feminist is brain dead, got it.

That changes absolutely nothing with regards to my OP. His suit for defamation could not have materialized if Taylor had not succeeding to having him fired in the first place.

But I do stand corrected and thank you for pointing out that detail.

It's not clear to me she actually did all that much.

I found this account which suggests that she more or less just told her manager and mother about it.

http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/7890224/taylor-swift-trial-timeline

But what the hell is she doing? Was it really that serious to get your ass touched? I'm just saying I would not have reacted that way if I were in her shoes and trying to understand the dynamics of feminism.
At a professional occassion,this guy allegedly stuck his hand up her dress and grabbed Swift's butt. You don't have to be a feminist to see that is totally unprofessional and inappropriate. The fact his employer canned his ass is not Taylor Swift's fault (unless she lied about it).

What I don't understand is how anyone could have a problem with Taylor Swift's actions.

At a professional occassion,this guy allegedly stuck his hand up her dress and grabbed Swift's butt. You don't have to be a feminist to see that is totally unprofessional and inappropriate. The fact his employer canned his ass is not Taylor Swift's fault (unless she lied about it).

What I don't understand is how anyone could have a problem with Taylor Swift's actions.
Ditto! And WTF would this have to do with "feminism", as I really don't consider myself one. If some asshole did this to my wife, I'd have a hard time not punching him in the face.

RVonse, do you have a wife or a daughter? If so, what would your reaction be if some creep reached up a dress grabber either their asses?

Ditto! And WTF would this have to do with "feminism", as I really don't consider myself one. If some asshole did this to my wife, I'd have a hard time not punching him in the face.

RVonse, do you have a wife or a daughter? If so, what would your reaction be if some creep reached up a dress grabber either their asses?
I think his point is that if some woman groped him he would not sue her.

Tbh, you sound like you're arguing just to argue dude. You don't touch someone (especially in such an intimate/private area) without their knowledge or consent. Period.

Are you married? Tell you what. If you are, let me come over to your house, enter unannounced and grope your wife on the tit and we'll see how well that sits with you.

Tbh, you sound like you're arguing just to argue dude. You don't touch someone (especially in such an intimate/private area) without their knowledge or consent. Period.

Are you married? Tell you what. If you are, let me come over to your house, enter unannounced and grope your wife on the tit and we'll see how well that sits with you.

And see how it sits with his wife when he says, "why are you upset? No big deal."

Back
Top Bottom