• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Teacher shoots toilet, claims self defense.

Bronzeage

Super Moderator
Staff member
Basic Beliefs
Pragmatic
An armed Utah teacher used deadly force on a bathroom fixture and suffered minor injuries in the exchange.

Initial reports said the teacher shot herself, but now it is unclear whether her injury was caused by ricochet bullet fragments, or shattered pieces of ceramic from the shattered toilet.

The school district allows teachers who have a concealed carry permit to carry a pistol while teaching. The district requires the teacher to keep the pistol on their person at all times, which makes sense, in a way, if a teacher with a pistol in a classroom makes any sense at all. The news story does not report what kind of holster or concealment the teacher used, but it can be deduced normal toilet functions required the pistol to be handled in some way. The question of why a pistol would be taken off the safety position in order to flush a toilet has not been answered.

Was the toilet black?

The report does not specify, but the stereotypical public school plumbing fixtures are 100% white, so it's a safe bet. Since the the incident took place in Utah, we can assume the teacher is white, as well.

It could have been one of those sinful white toilets with the black seat.

Accidents with guns in schools are, I would bet, far more likely than any mass shooting they would prevent if all teachers are armed as some want.

Accidents with guns in schools are, I would bet, far more likely than any mass shooting they would prevent if all teachers are armed as some want.

Yeah! But at least we are being kept safe from an overpopulation of white bathroom fixtures. We have to credit this teacher with dedication...even accepting being wounded in "mortal combat.";)

Was the toilet black?
If it is we better get a look at its previous history before it gets painted as a "gentle porcelain fixture". I'm pretty sure it was just hanging out in the bathroom to steal some shit or to make "brown stank".

The question of why a pistol would be taken off the safety position in order to flush a toilet has not been answered.
Does the school district specifically require that concealed guns have a safety?

I have no idea, but the idea of a teacher carrying a concealed revolver seems unlikely. I don't know of any automatic pistol which does not have a safety.

Does the school district specifically require that concealed guns have a safety?

I have no idea, but the idea of a teacher carrying a concealed revolver seems unlikely. I don't know of any automatic pistol which does not have a safety.

What kind of school is this? Can't we see this is not right. The teacher are there to teach. Would you want your kid in this school?

What kind of school is this? Can't we see this is not right. The teacher are there to teach. Would you want your kid in this school?

I wouldn't want my child in a school where the teachers are armed, unless students were allowed to carry a pistol, as well. I am amenable to restrictions on caliber and magazine size, but an armed classroom is a polite classroom. I doubt a spree killer would consider entering a classroom if he he knew there was a barrage of bullets waiting for him.

I don't know of any automatic pistols that the teacher was likely to carry, but semi-automatics all have a safety.

Maybe the toilet was talking about homonyms and that frightened the teacher.

Was the toilet black?
If it is we better get a look at its previous history before it gets painted as a "gentle porcelain fixture". I'm pretty sure it was just hanging out in the bathroom to steal some shit or to make "brown stank".

OMG! That was funny! "Brown stank"! :notworthy:

I don't know of any automatic pistols that the teacher was likely to carry, but semi-automatics all have a safety.
Sig sauer P226?
At least, that was the comic relief line in Reds 2...

I don't approve of teachers packing heat in the classroom, but if it must happen then at the very least they should be required to

1. have a proper holster that does not expose the trigger or the hammer and will not allow the gun to slip,
2. have a properly functioning safety mechanism that does not disengage unless the operator intentionally disengages it, and
3. keep the friggin' chamber empty when the gun is not in use.

I thought Glocks and Walthers lacked external safety levers. They have safety systems, yes, but won't a Glock always discharge if the trigger is pulled, provided there's a chambered round?

Back
Top Bottom