• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Teacher shoots toilet, claims self defense.

I don't know of any automatic pistols that the teacher was likely to carry, but semi-automatics all have a safety.
I thought Glocks and Walthers lacked external safety levers. They have safety systems, yes, but won't a Glock always discharge if the trigger is pulled, provided there's a chambered round?

If the teacher needs a Glock, what do the kids need? Was this an elementary school? Pistol packing teachers seem scary to me!

The stats reported from Utah is that there was only one previous incident since the time teachers have been allowed to carry a concealed weapon on school grounds.

However, let's envision such allowance to be happening in a State with a high level of gang activities within schools, juvenile delinquency and drug related violence. We would have then the perfect scenario for several ill intended students to jump that teacher and get hold of that gun.

Teachers' focus and attention are on teaching. Meaning unless an armed security guard or law enforcement patrol officer whose attention is going to be on safety and security. Who are trained to anticipate threats. Trained to pay attention to details and behaviors teachers do not have time to.

So, non, I would not have enrolled my children in any school where teachers can carry a weapon no matter how secured on their body and concealed it is.

If they prosecute against the teacher, the plaintiff's case will be a hard one. Several witnesses will testify the victim was always full of shit.

If the Teacher has a Glock, the students need AK-74s or E-E-1963s to defend against the teacher. And was the toilet's name Tommy?

Eldarion Lathria

I don't know of any automatic pistols that the teacher was likely to carry, but semi-automatics all have a safety.
I thought Glocks and Walthers lacked external safety levers. They have safety systems, yes, but won't a Glock always discharge if the trigger is pulled, provided there's a chambered round?

My understanding of the Glock is that you have to be gripping the handle while pulling the trigger for it to fire. If the trigger catches on something without the handle being gripped it won't fire.

As for shooting the toilet, it's obvious what happened: Someone flushed a cherry bomb. The toilet was spitting shit at her, she shot it! :D

My understanding of the Glock is that you have to be gripping the handle while pulling the trigger for it to fire. If the trigger catches on something without the handle being gripped it won't fire.

As for shooting the toilet, it's obvious what happened: Someone flushed a cherry bomb. The toilet was spitting shit at her, she shot it! :D

The handle safety is not present on the Glock. AFAIK handle safeties were only present on Browning designs like the 1911 and the Hi-power. The Glock only has a trigger safety, meaning it will fire if the trigger is pulled. That's why cops armed with Glocks sometimes shoot themselves in the leg when drawing their firearm. They put their finger on the trigger too soon, and the gun goes off.

So, non, I would not have enrolled my children in any school where teachers can carry a weapon no matter how secured on their body and concealed it is.
Apparently, in Utah, there's no way of knowing if any of the teachers are armed. Even the principal can't know unless they volunteer the information.

Or, you know, shoot something.

I think I was channelling Glock when I was fifteen.

Toilets don't kill people. People kill toilets. You can have my toilet when you pry if off my tight, skinny ass. And as always, the answer is: More Toilets. And yes, I am a proud card-carrying NTA member. So take that, you unpatriotic liberal toilet control types. Up yours. I will stand on the 2nd Amendment: A well-regulated latrine being necessary to the hygiene of a militia, the right of the people to keep and maintain toilets, outhouses and corn cobs, shall not be infringed. Where the hell do you think Washington pinched a loaf, idiots?

I have no idea, but the idea of a teacher carrying a concealed revolver seems unlikely. I don't know of any automatic pistol which does not have a safety.

If you mean a manual safety, you are incorrect.

I will stand on the 2nd Amendment: A well-regulated latrine being necessary to the hygiene of a militia, the right of the people to keep and maintain toilets, outhouses and corn cobs, shall not be infringed.
Are you saying you need a toilet because of your poor constitution?

Back
Top Bottom