• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Teen shot 7 times and killed by police officer - ruled "justified" of course

As I have said a million times the taser is a pain compliance tool. They have found fewer lasting injuries from using the taser to get people to behave than by simply forcing them to behave.
A pain compliance tool when the guy is already kneeling on the ground?

ETA:

Oh wait... this shit keeps happening, I was confusing this with the case of the Councilman who was tasered. In this case, the kid didn't seem to do too much wrong, then was tasered, reacted negatively to being tasered (which may be a natural instinct) and then was shot several times.

Which I think teaches us that the taser shouldn't be used as a compliance tool (especially if the officer was right next to the person he is trying to taser).

Last edited:
Laying belly-down on the ground even. The officer shares with many murderers a tremendous lack of patience.

The video clearly shows the kid attacked the cop. You just prefer to ignore that.

I have lost count of the number of times you and others have been asked to indicate at what point on the videotape is the obvious attack.

I haven't seen the kid attack the officer. I'm happy to look again at any specific spot on the videotape you say depicts an attack by the kid on the police officer.

Will you provide the time stamp?

He won't (because he knows it does not exist)

At the point Frost used his taser, he should not have been using ANY of those methods because Deven was not actively resisting nor attempting to escape. Frost should have simply backed off as this teen was no danger to anyone.

You still don't understand the role of the taser.

:hysterical: yes, actually I do. And I backed up my position WITH FACTUAL SOURCES LINKED in an earlier post you chose to ignore.

YOU don't the role of the taser, and you also don't understand the first damned thing about law enforcement, discipline, or just about any other thing you pontificate about without ever supporting your positions with factual sources.

I have lost count of the number of times you and others have been asked to indicate at what point on the videotape is the obvious attack.

I haven't seen the kid attack the officer. I'm happy to look again at any specific spot on the videotape you say depicts an attack by the kid on the police officer.

At 1:59 in the linked video the teen jumps up with a hand raised and begins the attack. they struggle for a few seconds in close combat where the camera is obscured by the teens body. the video then replays that segment in slow motion. Once again you can clearly see the teen jump up off the ground and leap at the officer at time stamp 2:16.

At 1:59 in the linked video the teen jumps up with a hand raised and begins the attack. they struggle for a few seconds in close combat where the camera is obscured by the teens body. the video then replays that segment in slow motion. Once again you can clearly see the teen jump up off the ground and leap at the officer at time stamp 2:16.
I didn't realize that "leaping" at someone was necessarily an attack. But you are the first person to actually provide a link to where people might be getting the idea the teen necessarily attacked the officer.

Why don't YOU watch the video and figure it out ?

That's a stupid comment. Because they may watch the video and see an action that doesn't look like an attack to them. They are asking you what YOUR opinion of an attack moment looks like it so they can figure out what you're calling an attack.

They can't look at a video and "figure out" how you interpret it.

Obviously.

That's a stupid comment. Because they may watch the video and see an action that doesn't look like an attack to them. They are asking you what YOUR opinion of an attack moment looks like it so they can figure out what you're calling an attack.

Obviously.

As I said, I've been around here long enough to know how this will go down, "Oh, Deven wasn't attacking the officer, he was merely trying to hug it out." or "He slipped on a banana skin and fell against the officer" or some such nonsense. It's there, you know it is.

Obviously.

As I said, I've been around here long enough to know how this will go down, "Oh, Deven wasn't attacking the officer, he was merely trying to hug it out." or "He slipped on a banana skin and fell against the officer" or some such nonsense. It's there, you know it is.

What does this have to do with you stating which action YOU think constitutes an attack? It sounds like you are saying, "I'm afraid to post my opinion because someone might disagree with it." And that's an unexpected response...

What does this have to do with you stating which action YOU think constitutes an attack?

The action of jumping up and attacking officer Frost is just that, an attack. You know fine well where in the video this occurs so I don't see why I need indulge you.

What does this have to do with you stating which action YOU think constitutes an attack? It sounds like you are saying, "I'm afraid to post my opinion because someone might disagree with it." And that's an unexpected response...
It is pretty clear he is just pulling this out of his ass.

What does this have to do with you stating which action YOU think constitutes an attack?

The action of jumping up and attacking officer Frost is just that, an attack. You know fine well where in the video this occurs so I don't see why I need indulge you.

Actually, no, I don't. You are assuming things not in evidence. I have never seen the video. I don't have sufficient bandwidth to stream video.

But from what you say, you are seeing a young man hit by a taser jolt, for what may seem like out-of-the-blue (pun not intended) who then jumps up toward the source of the unexpected pain? And the only conclusion you feel you can reach is that this is attack?

So You are leaving it with reaction to unexpected Tasing = criminal action. All righty then.

Don't put words in my mouth.

You explain then. Explain what makes this an attack and what happened just before the boy jumped up, and why it could not be anything other than the attack.

_Did_ this jump happen immediately after the boy was tased? Yes/ No
_Did_ the boy have his back to the taser and therefore did not know it was coming? Yes/No
_Does_ a taser hurt, like, a lot? Yes/No
_Do_ people sometimes react without thinking after unexpectedly receiving a huge amount of pain from someone behind them? Yes/No

Back
Top Bottom