• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

TERROR TERROR: come here come all

I wonder if there are terror statistics for just Western democracies. It seems obvious that hotspots of conflict around the world will have terrorism, and mostly against each other. I don't see many FARC terrorists making attacks in the UK or France, for example. Sectarian violence between Muslims most definitely spills over, and once there are enough of them in foreign countries, we start to see the likes of what we have been seeing against Western democracies.
I must not be paying much attention, because I have not seen much (if any) sectarian violence between Muslims in Western democracies. Can you point to some?
The man accused of murdering Glasgow shopkeeper Asad Shah has issued a statement saying he carried out the killing because he believed Mr Shah had "disrespected" Islam.
Tanveer Ahmed, 32, from Bradford, is accused of killing Mr Shah outside his shop in Glasgow almost a fortnight ago.
In the statement he denied the incident had anything to do with Christianity.
Mr Ahmed claimed Asad Shah had "disrespected" Islam by claiming to be a prophet.
The shopkeeper, an Ahmadi Muslim, who had moved from Pakistan to Glasgow almost 20 years ago, was found with serious injuries outside his shop on Minard Road in Shawlands on 24 March. He was pronounced dead in hospital.
Mr Shah was killed just hours after he posted an Easter message on Facebook to his customers.
The message said: "Good Friday and a very happy Easter, especially to my beloved Christian nationx"
During the police investigation officers claimed the incident was "religiously prejudiced" and confirmed both men were Muslims.
Mr Shah was an Ahmadiyya Muslim, a group known for its non-violence and interfaith concerns.
Ahmadiyya are banned by the constitution of Pakistan from referring to themselves as Muslims.
...​

(Source)

I wonder if there are terror statistics for just Western democracies. It seems obvious that hotspots of conflict around the world will have terrorism, and mostly against each other. I don't see many FARC terrorists making attacks in the UK or France, for example. Sectarian violence between Muslims most definitely spills over, and once there are enough of them in foreign countries, we start to see the likes of what we have been seeing against Western democracies.
I must not be paying much attention, because I have not seen much (if any) sectarian violence between Muslims in Western democracies. Can you point to some?

Apologies for any confusion, I meant that the sectarian violence boils over into their localized areas, not into Western democracies. But that would be an interesting question to explore. Is it only because of the relative strength of the state prevents it or some other factors?

Please notice the key 1970-2015. This would include the Bangladesh genocide and war for independence. Are mass shootings considered large-scale? If not, the only large scale attack was 9-11. So yes large scale attacks on US Soil are very rare.

And they make up 24.1% of the global population.

They make up about 2-3% of the population in Western Europe and North America.

So presumably the next time someone sets off a bomb at a crowded concert or sporting event random chance would suggest it's got a 1-in-40 or so chance to be a muslim.

Do you care to make a bet on those odds?

For all bomb attacks on crowds in the US, Canada and Western Europe:

- If the bomber is not a Muslim I give you $100.
- If the bomber is a Muslim you give me $4000.

Seems fair. Even in your favor since the point of this thread is Muslims are even less likely than average to be terrorists.
It was not a bomb but it was pretty crowded with republicans. And perpetrator was not a muslim. You owe Nice Squirrel $100.

Back
Top Bottom