• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Texas teens were feuding on social media before fatal stabbing at home, family says

just_me

I am here!
Basic Beliefs
Understanding
Two Texas teenage girls were feuding on social media for weeks before tensions boiled over, leading one to stab the other to death at a home Friday, her family said.

Kaitlin Leonor Castilleja, 18, died Friday after she and Vivian Foster, 18, were stabbed by a 16-year-old high school student outside a home in San Antonio, My San Antonio reported. Castilleja and Foster allegedly went to the teen’s home about 1 a.m. Friday and a fight ensued.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/texas-teens-were-feuding-on-social-media-before-fatal-stabbing-at-home-family-says

This stuff is just crazy.

Two Texas teenage girls were feuding on social media for weeks before tensions boiled over, leading one to stab the other to death at a home Friday, her family said.

Kaitlin Leonor Castilleja, 18, died Friday after she and Vivian Foster, 18, were stabbed by a 16-year-old high school student outside a home in San Antonio, My San Antonio reported. Castilleja and Foster allegedly went to the teen’s home about 1 a.m. Friday and a fight ensued.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/texas-teens-were-feuding-on-social-media-before-fatal-stabbing-at-home-family-says

So at 1 AM, two 18 year old girls show up unexpectedly at the home of a 16 year old girl in order to "jump" the 16 year old girl in her driveway as she was arriving home from work. An altercation ensues and the 16 year old girl stabs one of 18 year old girls to death.

Now the 16 year old girl is in juvenile detention and charged with murder.

Clearly there are some details here that are missing, but I thought that Texas was a "Castle Law" state and that means that if this exact same altercation had occurred inside the residence (probably 20 feet to the left) The 16 year old would be facing no charges at all. I wonder what "Castle Law" says about trespassers who prevent you from retreating to your "castle?"

As it is, the 16 year old probably has a good chance of getting a self-defence argument to work for her, but who knows?

So at 1 AM, two 18 year old girls show up unexpectedly at the home of a 16 year old girl in order to "jump" the 16 year old girl in her driveway as she was arriving home from work. An altercation ensues and the 16 year old girl stabs one of 18 year old girls to death.

Clearly there are some details here that are missing, but I thought that Texas was a "Castle Law" state and that means that if this exact same altercation had occurred inside the residence (probably 20 feet to the left) The 16 year old would be facing no charges at all. I wonder what "Castle Law" says about trespassers who prevent you from retreating to your "castle?"

As it is, the 16 year old probably has a good chance of getting a self-defence argument to work for her, but who knows?

What I think is cravy is that all this came about over the internet and a stupid social media. It's a whole world where kids can get worked up enough to do things to one another and no one seemed to have known anything. In my day 1/2 the school would have known about the bickering and probably more than one parent.

This social media is a bubble where all kinds of madness can be built up boil over into the real world. How many kids have committed suicide over being bullied and how many lunatics have turned guns on others because they have been able to get away with whatever built up to their episodes on social media and no one else knew or said a thing.

What I think is cravy is that all this came about over the internet and a stupid social media. It's a whole world where kids can get worked up enough to do things to one another and no one seemed to have known anything. In my day 1/2 the school would have known about the bickering and probably more than one parent.

This social media is a bubble where all kinds of madness can be built up boil over into the real world. How many kids have committed suicide over being bullied and how many lunatics have turned guns on others because they have been able to get away with whatever built up to their episodes on social media and no one else knew or said a thing.
The madness isn't in a bubble. The drama is at school and social media allows it to continue outside of school.

Fox News said:
Castilleja and Foster — who previously attended James Madison High School with the 16-year-old — told police at the hospital that they were “stabbed after ‘jumping’ a girl at her house.”
They admitted they 'jumped' her, at her house, at 1am. Why is she being charged at all? Maybe if she had used a gun like a normal Texan?

I miss the days when teenagers killed each other in person instead of on the internet.

U.S. - number of serious violent crimes by youth 1980-2016
Youth violence spiked immediately before the popularization of the internet, and immediately began to plummet. Correlation, not causation, but the internet certainly isn't causing demonstrably more violence. More means of exquisite and creative psychological torture and public humiliation, certainly.

I miss the days when teenagers killed each other in person instead of on the internet.

U.S. - number of serious violent crimes by youth 1980-2016
Youth violence spiked immediately before the popularization of the internet, and immediately began to plummet. Correlation, not causation, but the internet certainly isn't causing demonstrably more violence. More means of exquisite and creative psychological torture and public humiliation, certainly.

Well, youth anxiety disorders and suicide is skyrocketing, apparently (I'll try to find the source). Teen boys still have a higher suicide rate, but that gap has narrowed, which could be due to the different ways that bullying tends to manifest in boys and girls.

Girls use ostracization and reputation sabatoge. So just imagine Mean Girls but everyone had an iPhone.

If she had used a gun, she could have easily (and apparently legitimately) claimed "stand your ground", and never even been charged or locked up.

But because it was a knife, she can raise "self defense" as her answer/defense at trial.

As for "castle doctrine", that typical means inside the house... not in the driveway/outside.

Fox News said:
Castilleja and Foster — who previously attended James Madison High School with the 16-year-old — told police at the hospital that they were “stabbed after ‘jumping’ a girl at her house.”
They admitted they 'jumped' her, at her house, at 1am. Why is she being charged at all? Maybe if she had used a gun like a normal Texan?

An interesting question. Perhaps it's because she had a knife in her possession, like she knew and was prepared that there was going to be a rumble ? Perhaps it wasn't unexpected that the other two girls showed up, perhaps it was prearranged ? Crazy kids.

As for "castle doctrine", that typical means inside the house... not in the driveway/outside.
For good reason! We don't need vigilantes gunning down minorities from their front porch as they walk by, then insisting that they looked like they were heading for the garage...

If she had used a gun, she could have easily (and apparently legitimately) claimed "stand your ground", and never even been charged or locked up.

But because it was a knife, she can raise "self defense" as her answer/defense at trial.

RE: The castle doctring, not so sure about that:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shooting_of_Yoshihiro_Hattori

God damn coward. Shoots a fucking kind on Halloween night.

RE: The castle doctring, not so sure about that:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shooting_of_Yoshihiro_Hattori

God damn coward. Shoots a fucking kind on Halloween night.
Isn't this getting a bit off topic here?

Back
Top Bottom