• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

That explains a few things....

Keith&Co.

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
I'm here...
So, i'm at a mall in the South Seattle area during a business trip last week.
A kid wanted to go in a store and he was having a tantrum. These days, that's not so strange that people stop and stare, so all the other people in the mall are just walking past. Mom's trying to negotiate, to persuade him to behave now, get a treat later. Kid insists that he wants to go into the music store NOW. Kid's about 2nd or 3rd grade, i would guess.

The kid makes his last attempt at logical argument and persuasive rhetoric. He leaps back and shouts: Bite my crank!

Mom loses it. Her hand shoots out, grabs his neck and yanks him up to her face. "HEY!" she says in a commanding voice. "You save that sort of language for SCHOOL!"

"Yes, ma'am," he says, docile.

A kid wanted to go in a store and he was having a tantrum. These days, that's not so strange that people stop and stare, so all the other people in the mall are just walking past. Mom's trying to negotiate, to persuade him to behave now, get a treat later. Kid insists that he wants to go into the music store NOW. Kid's about 2nd or 3rd grade, i would guess.

The kid makes his last attempt at logical argument and persuasive rhetoric. He leaps back and shouts: Bite my crank!

Mom loses it. Her hand shoots out, grabs his neck and yanks him up to her face. "HEY!" she says in a commanding voice. "You save that sort of language for SCHOOL!"

Oh Great! :rolleyes: So THAT'S where the attitude comes from. :p

My son, way back in elementary school, perhaps 4th grade, discovers "yo mama" jokes. He comes home, and starts telling them at the dinner table in front of and to his own Mom. I tell him, "hey those are not appropriate jokes for home, save them for when you are with your buddies." Sure enough, I get a call a day later, "your son was involved in a fight at school." Turns out, those jokes aren't acceptable for use with some friends either.

This amuses me greatly.

My son, way back in elementary school, perhaps 4th grade, discovers "yo mama" jokes. He comes home, and starts telling them at the dinner table in front of and to his own Mom. I tell him, "hey those are not appropriate jokes for home, save them for when you are with your buddies." Sure enough, I get a call a day later, "your son was involved in a fight at school." Turns out, those jokes aren't acceptable for use with some friends either.

Looks like that little piece of advice backfired. Though are you sure he told the jokes to his buddies and not the playground bully? Either way, this is amusing as well.

Back
Top Bottom