• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

That Iran Deal

What is fascinating is that Trump is posturing to put an end to deal that appears to be working while simulataneously signalling he will make a deal with North Korea on denuclearization. So, Trump does not trust Iran even though it has agreed to intrusive inspections, etc.... but he does trust North Korea?

I think that Trump just has so much hatred for Obama that he wants to reverse everything that Obama did.

Trump has never trusted the Iranian regime, irrespective of Obama.

LOL - Trump does not trust Iran. Why should anyone trust Trump, who has a long history of reneging on his word?

Abrogating the Iran deal will make it that much harder for the USA to negotiate a deal with North Korea, or anyone else for that matter.

I predict the talks with NK go basically nowhere, and Trump will either blame NK or claim he made the greatest deal ever, while making the world a less safe place for everyone.

What is fascinating is that Trump is posturing to put an end to deal that appears to be working while simulataneously signalling he will make a deal with North Korea on denuclearization. So, Trump does not trust Iran even though it has agreed to intrusive inspections, etc.... but he does trust North Korea?

Iran = Muslim.

Iran = Muslim.
Trump loves Saudi Arabia, so your explanation lacks a connection to reality.

Iran = Muslim.
And the North Koreans have been proven trustworthy?

So, fill me in. What, exactly, is wrong with the Iran nuclear deal?

It keeps Iran from having (or attempting to have) a nuclear weapon. If they don't have a nuclear weapon or weapons program, then the Neocons have a much less solid case for enacting "regime change" when it suits them.

The Iranians are Shiite. They provide material support to Assad, to Hezbollah(maybe other Palestinians as well), and as far as the Saudis are concerned, the Houthi in Yemen.

Essentially, after Israel, they're the regions most powerful state. So they must be taken down.

The nuclear deal is a peace deal. That's no good.

The Iranians are Shiite. They provide material support to Assad, to Hezbollah(maybe other Palestinians as well), and as far as the Saudis are concerned, the Houthi in Yemen.

Essentially, after Israel, they're the regions most powerful state. So they must be taken down.

And the Saudis are funding their own terrorists agianst Iran. Look at Yemen. Both Arabs and Iran are bad actors and have been for a long time. We got drawn into a secterian conflict going back centuries.

In the news apparently Israel ran a covert op to find dirt on Obama et al to discredit the deal.

Israel is not our ally. Netanyahu is playing Trump and our hawkish conservatives like a fiddle. He has them trained, Israel right or wrong.

Efforts to sabotage peace seem so popular these days.
Yeah, Iran is so peaceful, with Iranian Revolutionary Guards running the show in Syria and Iran funding Hezbollah and Hamas. Not to mention Houthis in Yemen. :rolleyes:
The warmongers in the US have never forgiven the Iranian people for getting rid of the Shah.
Shah was not perfect, but he was much better than the weird beards in power now.

The weird beards in power now are in power because we installed the Shah and trained his torturers.

I get that as a conservative you are ok with foreign powers selecting your political leaders for you, but most people in most parts of the world get extremely angry about that kind of thing.

And the Saudis are funding their own terrorists agianst Iran. Look at Yemen. Both Arabs and Iran are bad actors and have been for a long time. We got drawn into a secterian conflict going back centuries.

When I say the Iran deal is no good, I mean from the perspective of the Trumpies and neocons. Myself, I consider it one of Obama's major accomplishments.

Yeah, Iran is so peaceful, with Iranian Revolutionary Guards running the show in Syria and Iran funding Hezbollah and Hamas. Not to mention Houthis in Yemen. :rolleyes:

Shah was not perfect, but he was much better than the weird beards in power now.

The weird beards in power now are in power because we installed the Shah and trained his torturers.

I get that as a conservative you are ok with foreign powers selecting your political leaders for you, but most people in most parts of the world get extremely angry about that kind of thing.
And ironically, one of the main reasons we toppled the Iranian government and installed the Shah was that their leadership was playing pussyfoot with the Ruskies. Oh how times change...

So if Trump pulls out of the deal, does he expect Iran to send that $400 million back?

When I say the Iran deal is no good, I mean from the perspective of the Trumpies and neocons. Myself, I consider it one of Obama's major accomplishments.

Well I have an in-law who hates the deal because it lets Iran start working on developing nukes after 10 years. Of course without the deal they can start work on it today, but that doesn't seem to sink in.

Back
Top Bottom