• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

The Art of War recognizes 9 types of ground

Keith&Co.

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
I'm here...
iP364Up.png
So, no surprise, another insurrectionist has someone in their life perfectly willing to turn their ass in to law enforcement. Forget 'hide me from the Nazis,' we won't hide you from CNN.
But it's the language of the charge that caught my attention.

Sun Tzu said:
The art of war recognizes nine varieties of ground: (1) Dispersive ground; (2) facile ground; (3) contentious ground; (4) open ground; (5) ground of intersecting highways; (6) serious ground; (7) difficult ground; (8) hemmed-in ground; (9) desperate ground.
He goes on to define each and advises things lije
On dispersive ground, therefore, fight not. On facile ground, halt not. On contentious ground, attack not. On open ground, do not try to block the enemy's way.
...and so on.

Wonder what Sun Tzu would have advised for the riot?

"On federal grounds be not armed. On restricted grounds do not access the WIFI. In the chamber grounds do not take souvenirs (to which the enlightened invader will include "selfies" so-called).

"After a successful return to home ground, do not brag of felonies to those who would not be incriminating themselves by the passing of this information to intrrested parties."

Well, what would he have advised you to do on ocean ground?

Oceans are, i would say, open ground.
Ground on which each side has liberty of movement is open ground.
And advises
On open ground, do not try to block the enemy's way.
Which makes sense. Any place his task force is, our task force(s?) can go elsewhere and still have much of his land in range of attack. 'Specially if there's a Trident in, you know, the Pacific.

Don't lay siege to a fortress unless you have a plan as to how you might keep it (or indeed, the clear intention of doing so). Laying siege simply to express your feelings probably would not have occurred to the Sage as an option, at least for anyone who was not brain-addled.

Don't lay siege to a fortress unless you have a plan as to how you might keep it (or indeed, the clear intention of doing so). Laying siege simply to express your feelings probably would not have occurred to the Sage as an option, at least for anyone who was not brain-addled.
It would be hard for him to imagine starting a war and not going all-in. But then, he'd have expected Biden to have Trump beheaded by now, so all-or-nothing was kinda intrinsic to his strategies..

It would be hard for him to imagine starting a war and not going all-in. But then, he'd have expected Biden to have Trump beheaded by now, so all-or-nothing was kinda intrinsic to his strategies..

True! He might have indeed been pardoned in ancient times as well, had he come from a noble enough family to get away with it. Such things can be excused between social equals. But he's actually new money, so.... snicker-snack, methinks.

I think I'm going to start do that. After any time someone says a mildly notable quote, I'll respond "Ah... Sun Tzu's The Art of War."

Sun Tzu also advises, more or less, that you should ignore your king if he's a total dickhead. (Book 3)

Back
Top Bottom