• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

The California drought is caused by gays!

But there have been droughts for thousands of years, when there was no California, and no one tolerated gay marriages except the Catholics.
How can you suddenly attach meaning to one of thousands of droughts when the other ones either stood for nothing or stood for women's rights, blacks' rights, the rights of the Indians, Catholics...

Well, there could be an element of truth to it. Gay guys tend to be quite a bit more fastidious than us straight guys, so I would expect them to use more water for showering, facial scrubs, watering flowers, etc. Not to mention having to change the water in the hot tub quite frequently (if you get my drift).

But there have been droughts for thousands of years, when there was no California, and no one tolerated gay marriages except the Catholics.
How can you suddenly attach meaning to one of thousands of droughts when the other ones either stood for nothing or stood for women's rights, blacks' rights, the rights of the Indians, Catholics...

Well, if we're going to get technical about it, this isn't just a regular drought, but a water shortage caused by the fact that they've been using water at an unsustainable rate. Much of California used to be desert, so no matter what, unsustainable water usage was probably inevitable.

This is somewhat related. This blog post from 2013 makes a similar claim that atheism causes natural disasters, but this guy uses graphs to "prove" his point!
Except he doesn't acknowledge that the numbers of atheism probably haven't changed as much as the numbers of those willing to admit their atheism...

That is such a bullshit argument. It's like saying that people have been dying for thousands of years, so therefore the guy who just shot someone in the face isn't a murderer.

Nobody's saying that droughts in general aren't natural, but simply that this specific drought was caused by teh gheys. Have you even tried catapulting them all into the ocean to see if it made a difference or are you just unscientifically taking the results as a given because you're scared about the possibility of realizing the truth? :mad:

Currently, the Bible Belt is being tortured by tornadoes and massive flooding.

I haven't heard from the usual suspects of televangelists about god's wrath, but I'm sure the punishment is due to those states resisting gay marriage and threatening to ignore the Constitution.

Ya think? :cool:

http://www.rightwingwatch.org/conte...alifornia-drought-imminent-financial-collapse

See? All California has to do is stone all the gays to death like the Bible says, and suddenly they will have enough fresh water for everyone!
A good example of why California needs to institute sharia law. It would solve, not only the drought, but all California's problems.

Hmmm. Arabia is famous for its low rainfall. I wonder what they are really up to over there to piss God off so much ;)

When is this garbage going to stop? There is always someone blaming *insert group of people here* for *insert bad event which is completely unrelated to the inserted group of people*. It carries a little or more so, people get their names mentioned. It is ridiculous, yet it continues to work to some degree.

When is this garbage going to stop?
When it stops drawing votes, money or attention...

I expect even if we were all reduced to brains in jars on a computer network, the glass jar-heads will blame the plastic jar-heads for sunspots and the connectivity issues they cause.

Maybe I need a reset or something. I should know this, but it is just so annoying that such a cheap ploy works so well.

I expect even if we were all reduced to brains in jars on a computer network, the glass jar-heads will blame the plastic jar-heads for sunspots and the connectivity issues they cause.
Damn heathen plastic jar-heads!

Or when humans finally stop acting so human...

Of course the world of brains on jars will come to an end with the anti-computer pogroms; followed by the machine wars ;)

When is this garbage going to stop? There is always someone blaming *insert group of people here* for *insert bad event which is completely unrelated to the inserted group of people*. It carries a little or more so, people get their names mentioned. It is ridiculous, yet it continues to work to some degree.

Flooding in Texas. Guess some homosexuals must have moved in from California.

Wait, that's the opposite of drought. Maybe too much heterosexual adultery going on. That would explain it.

There was supernova in the Andromeda galaxy in 1885. I suspect that was caused by gays.

I'm not sure how the science works here. So, the drought is being caused by all the gay sex, but... human bodies (including those of gays) consist mostly of water, so that leads to lots of sweating as a result of all that physical activity. The sweat would then, given California's climate, evaporate, and thus contribute to increased rainfall. Would it not? On the other hand, I suppose an argument can be made that the increase in sexual activity would lead to an increase in water consumption, which would offset the increase in rainfall from gay sweat. Have they done the empirical measurements necessary to determine the sweat/consumption gap? Inquiring minds want to know!

I'm not sure how the science works here. So, the drought is being caused by all the gay sex, but... human bodies (including those of gays) consist mostly of water, so that leads to lots of sweating as a result of all that physical activity. The sweat would then, given California's climate, evaporate, and thus contribute to increased rainfall. Would it not? On the other hand, I suppose an argument can be made that the increase in sexual activity would lead to an increase in water consumption, which would offset the increase in rainfall from gay sweat. Have they done the empirical measurements necessary to determine the sweat/consumption gap? Inquiring minds want to know!

Oh dear! Are you saying that rain is from gay sweat? The evangelical Christians in Texas must be going crazy now considering the flooding there.

Since weather systems move from west to east, they can blame the floods in Texas on gays in California.

Back
Top Bottom