• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

The Christ Myth Theory

^Hitler saw Jesus as an Aryan fighter. Same thing as calling him a "Greek demigod." Both attempt to efface the Jew.
Ignorance is bliss.

Initially Hitler rejected religion, until he realized he could use it for political propaganda purposes. Nazi pr[panda images were filled with Christian symbolism

He used 'Jews killed Jesus' as part of his anti Jewish rhetoric.

Jewish deicide is the theological position and antisemitic trope that the Jews as a people are collectively responsible for the killing of Jesus, even through the successive generations following his death.[1][2][3] The notion arose in early Christianity, and features in the writings of Justin Martyr and Melito of Sardis as early as the 2nd century.[4] The Biblical passage Matthew 27:24–25 has been seen as giving voice to the charge of Jewish deicide as well.

^Hitler saw Jesus as...
A demijew. with a Roman white male daddy. What is the Bayseian likelihood what modern Jews have Roman white male daddy dna
Romans were mixed cultutally and racially. Racial bias as we define it today was not part of Rome. Al that mattered was profit.

The Jewish god of te day was Jewish.

Europeans inventtd a white, blomde haired, blue eyed Jesus.

It is interstng that in Asia images of Buddha vary with te local racial physical features.

Again what you attribute to whtes as a blanket term exists in all races and cultures. Myhts and gods reflect the cultures that create them.

Sedition and Jewish rebellion was in the air.

There is the pacific Jesus of Sermon On The Mount. There was the manic Jesus outraged resorting to violence in the temple.There is the Jesus who said give to Rome what is due Rome, to god what is due god.And so on. A Jew preaching compromise with the Romans?

There would not have been one singular Jewish prophet making speeches, prophesies, and uttering words of wisdom. It is what biblical historic Jewish prophets did.

Take your pick. Jesus is whenever a Christian thinks him to be. The idea a Jewish prophet was sent to save the humankind present and future is an invented myth.
This is an insightful post and states why so much of the gospel is just invented hooey.

I'm trying to understand Swammi's hang up on James. We're not talking about james but about his alleged brother, this mysterious mythical shadow of a person who somehow seems able to trapes about saying whatever he wants ana gathering large crowds, even preaching from boats. James is unimportant, given all the hearsay we have and paul's psychotic delusions.
, much of which is disputed by mainstream academics.

Gospel Jesus and hearsay gives us HJ which is still gospel Jesus so everyone gets to be happy and make money in the Jesus industry.

In have Swami on ignore and will not make any comments about him.

I think the gospel writers who appear to have a common source of stories made liberal use of literary license. Obviously the 'virgin' birth. Three Wise Men. It is a great story as fiction.

As to Jesus having a blood brother, again translation, hearsay, and literary license.

Christmas and Muslims commonly call each other birthers and sisters.

It all comes down to filling in in the blanks in the sparse gospels.

Buddhists Have a similar problem. The first organized history and writings on Buddha came 100-200 years after he lived. There are anecdotal stories on who he was.

One is he was born to luxury and privilege. He was kept isolated from the outside world. When he obseserved human suffering he gave it all up and went walk about pondering the cause of human suffering.

Last edited:
If I write a story about Bigfoot most people will be entertained. But what if I write about Bigfoot's brother named Bigfart? Does that make Bigfoot any more believable? I suppose if I'm making money writing about HB it might sell more books and possibly convince more people to believe.

If I write a story about Bigfoot most people will be entertained. But what if I write about Bigfoot's brother named Bigfart? Does that make Bigfoot any more believable? I suppose if I'm making money writing about HB it might sell more books and possibly convince more people to believe.
Of course it will.

Every fool knows that a sufficiently detailed story cannot possibly be made up.

I myself doubted the historicity of Clark Kent, until I realised that his adoptive parents have names - Jonathan and Martha. Nobody could possibly make up such mundane but persuasive details.

If I write a story about Bigfoot most people will be entertained. But what if I write about Bigfoot's brother named Bigfart? Does that make Bigfoot any more believable?
Yes possibly, although there'd be the same sort of textual investigators just like today, but many centuries later coming across the data of your post. You'll be spotted! They'd also find copies of my post also stored on 'servers' around the world, where I am responding to your post - quoting your idea in the post above, where you reveal the idea to make up the HB story. lol.

I suppose if I'm making money writing about HB it might sell more books and possibly convince more people to believe.
I don't doubt there'd be the odd fan. Just like fans of Harry Potter, they know it's not real.. ..but it's real fun, and not forgetting...you can still make some dosh selling the HB merchandise.

spin said:
[If] Paul is the initiator of the Jesus religion, his details about it are, well, logical in his conception, but give not a hint of historicity.

Paul is clear: the entire gospel was received by private revelation. . . . The idea of Jesus showing up in a body and hanging out and having dinner with people and then flying up into the clouds was a made-up legend, built out of similar legends of other risen saviors, heroes, and founders. We do not learn that legend from anyone who was there, or even anyone who claims to have personally met anyone who was there. It’s thus no more credible than all other resurrection legends (see From Raised to Revenants in the Ancient World and Dying-and-Rising Gods: It’s Pagan, Guys. Get Over It.).

--Carrier (14 May 2022). "Justin Brierley on Jesus". Richard Carrier Blogs.

[W]e should ask ourselves what strategies second century inventors of Christianity might have had in mind when compiling the letters of Paul with certain bioi of Jesus into canon. . . . we should not mistake this second century reinvention of these writings as the beginnings of their history.

--Robyn Faith Walsh (September 17, 2021). "A Jesus Before Paul?". The Religious Studies Project.
Screenshot 2024-08-30 at 05-51-59 Biblical Criticism & History Forum - earlywritings.com - Sea...png
romer.jpeg

Irenaeus believed that true Christianity was his Christianity and he thought that the Gnostics were holy anarchists! But the Gnostics were dying in the amphitheater as bravely as members of his own congregation.

Irenaeus wanted to show the world an organized universal Church—not a secret sect.

--"John Romer: Testament - Gospel Truth 4/7 (1988)". YouTube. @time:00:45:00

[Mythicism is] a more fruitful way of studying the Epistles and Gospels and other sources...

Mythicism will also improve our understanding of how Christianity actually began, and why; as well as how and why it evolved its mythology over time the way it did. Rather than remaining mired in apologetically favorable positions that throw crumbs of support to Christian believers, we can return Christianity to the fold of world religions, where it resembles many other religions in history, and is not some startlingly unique development of it. Just as we did for Judaism, when the academic consensus that Moses and the Patriarchs existed was overthrown in the 1970s, evolving over ensuing decades into the current secular consensus that embraces “Moses mythicism” (see Efraim Wallach on Old Testament Studies). Was that “of no use” to history, a “sterile” development?

--Carrier (14 August 2024). "That Phenomenally Stupid Article by Bill Cooke". Richard Carrier Blogs.
  • Robyn Faith Walsh's new manuscript project is per gMark+Homer & Vergil +Greek Mimesis
  • Walsh's project will also feature the shared Middle Platonic Greek words that occur in Paul & gMark. And will present the milieu for when these terms were used.
Walsh has previously noted that Paul is aware of “middle platonic” philosophy. Cf. Walsh, Robyn Faith (2021). The Origins of Early Christian Literature: Contextualizing the New Testament within Greco-Roman Literary Culture. Cambridge University Press. ISBN 978-1-108-83530-5. (Middle Platonism & Paul the Apostle: pp. 7, 126, 192)

Mimesis in the context of the Gospel of Mark centers on how the fictional narrative used various Greek literary techniques to create a vivid and immersive historical experience for the reader. Just like the historian known to the Greeks as HOMER. Who documented the history of the Trojan War.

Volume 1-2: What makes the gospels a “MimeticSynopsis” is its concentration on literary imitations of classical Greek poetry to present Jesus as a hero who transvalues characters in the Homeric epics and Athenian tragedy. Luke’s imitations also of Euripides’ Bacchae and Plato’s Socratic dialogues.

Volume 3, Compares the three compositional stages [of gJohn] that produced the Fourth Gospel: (1) the Dionysian Gospel, which extensively imitated Euripides’ Bacchae; (2) the Anti-Jewish Gospel; and (3) the Beloved Disciple Gospel.

--"The Mimetic Synthesis of the Gospels". Synopses of Epic, Tragedy, and the Gospels. Mimesis Press. 2022. ISBN 979-8-9867801-1-5.

spin said:
Paul never met his messiah. Paul claims he only learned about his Jesus through a revelation from God, whatever that cashes out to mean. Was he hearing voices? Did he have a flash of insight? Whatever the case, his theology was formed before he went to Jerusalem and we have no indication as to what the people in Jerusalem believed, other than that they were non-standard Jewish believers, who I surmise had connections with religious assemblies in Judea (Gal 1:22).

A truly historical description of the first century Jesus movement and the plausible processes of the gospel writers must begin with the possibility that the earliest extant details about Jesus, his teachings, activities, and the significance of his death were based on our only secure data point: the letters of Paul. Like any ancient source, Paul’s letters are not without their problems (e.g., a complicated manuscript tradition, imprecise translation and terminology issues, and so on). However, by retroactively casting the Jesus of the gospels as the origin point of early Christianity, we misunderstand where our evidence begins.
[...]
One common argument against the idea that the gospel writers could have been using Paul . . . is that, when quoting Jesus, Paul frequently discloses that he has received these sayings “from the Lord” directly. In other words, Paul indicates that he is receiving these commands through some form of divination. He does not attribute these sayings to any other authority in a position to have spoken directly to Jesus or to have been present at the events described (e.g., James or Peter). In short, scholarship has tended to gloss over the significance of Paul’s claims that he is, evidently, receiving privileged intel from the risen Christ. Indeed, Paul is clear that his knowledge of this event and Jesus’ words is supernatural: “For I received from the Lord (γὰρ παρέλαβον ἀπὸ τοῦ κυρίου)…” (1 Cor 11:23). Here Paul utilizes language found elsewhere in his letters (e.g., Galatians 1:12) to indicate his knowledge is via “revelation” (xἀποκαλύψεως) and “neither from another human being, nor was I taught (οὐδὲ γὰρ ἐγὼ παρὰ ἀνθρώπου παρέλαβον αὐτό, οὔτε ἐδιδάχθην).”

--Robyn Faith Walsh (September 17, 2021). "A Jesus Before Paul?". The Religious Studies Project.

Proactively posting this response for our resident poster children candidates.
  1. Get you hands off my Jewish HJ!
  2. Rx...🚬 via poppy-somniferum!
  3. Run around yelling "NO answer whatsoever for the question of James, Jesus's brother."!
  4. Wash off elephant poop.

softandmushy-jpeg.47198

Last edited:
The Nazis came up wit the Aryan myth based on I think a vague historical reference to Aryans.

Teams of scientists and archeologists were sent on expeditions to find evidence that would support the myth. One went to Tibet.

In 1938, Heinrich Himmler, a leading member of Germany's Nazi party and a key architect of the Holocaust, sent a five-member team to Tibet to search for the origins of the supposed Aryan race. Author Vaibhav Purandare recounts the fascinating story of this expedition, which passed through India.
A little over a year before World War Two began, a group of Germans landed surreptitiously along India's eastern borders.
They were on a mission to discover the "source of origin of the Aryan race".
Adolf Hitler believed that "Aryan" Nordic people had entered India from the north some 1,500 years earlier, and that the Aryans had committed the "crime" of mixing with the local "un-Aryan" people, losing the attributes that had made them racially superior to all other people on earth.
Hitler regularly expressed deep antipathy for the Indian people and their struggle for freedom, articulating his sentiments in his speeches, writings and debates.

The same myth building process Christians have used for over a thousandth years.

Reactions: dbz
  3. Run around yelling "NO answer whatsoever for the question of James, Jesus's brother."!

softandmushy-jpeg.47198
...and therefore ...

..."the elephant is a myth".

The Nazis came up wit the Aryan myth based on I think a vague historical reference to Aryans.

Teams of scientists and archeologists were sent on expeditions to find evidence that would support the myth. One went to Tibet.

In 1938, Heinrich Himmler, a leading member of Germany's Nazi party and a key architect of the Holocaust, sent a five-member team to Tibet to search for the origins of the supposed Aryan race. Author Vaibhav Purandare recounts the fascinating story of this expedition, which passed through India.
A little over a year before World War Two began, a group of Germans landed surreptitiously along India's eastern borders.
They were on a mission to discover the "source of origin of the Aryan race".
Adolf Hitler believed that "Aryan" Nordic people had entered India from the north some 1,500 years earlier, and that the Aryans had committed the "crime" of mixing with the local "un-Aryan" people, losing the attributes that had made them racially superior to all other people on earth.
Hitler regularly expressed deep antipathy for the Indian people and their struggle for freedom, articulating his sentiments in his speeches, writings and debates.

The same myth building process Christians have used for over a thousandth years.
As in the claims that the first Christians were actually Jewish, and that Christians today understand and acknowledge the gentiles came into the Faith later on?

Christians who were not of any Jewish background don't often make claims (not that I've heard) like those 'Aryan claims' you highlight of Nazis...saying they can trace their lineage to the people of Judah.
🙄

Stop dis misleading agenda at once Monsieur!

As in the claims that the first Christians were actually Jewish...
  • Which means that counter culture sectarian Jews had conversations about the celestial Jesus Angel dying and rising.
In Chapters 4 and 5 of Historicity I enumerate 48 “Elements” as basic facts of background knowledge (some of which are modal facts, i.e. facts about what is plausible rather than definite) that are true regardless of whether Jesus existed or not.

--Carrier (10 July 2023). "An Ongoing List of Updates to the Arguments and Evidence in On the Historicity of Jesus • §.Varia". Richard Carrier Blogs.
  • On Carrier's knowledge of late second Temple sectarianism.
Background Elements to Christianity
  • Element 1 The earliest form of Christianity definitely known to us originated as a Jewish sect in the region of Syria-Palestine in the early first century CE. (pp. 65-6)
  • Element 2 When Christianity began Judaism was highly sectarian and diverse. (p. 66)
  • Element 3 (a) When Christianity began, many Jews had long been expecting a messiah: a divinely chosen leader or saviour anointed … to help usher in God’s supernatural kingdom, usually (but not always) by subjugating or destroying the enemies of the Jews and establishing an eternal paradise.
    (b) If these enemies were spiritual powers, the messianic victory would have been spiritual; or both, as in the Enochic literature.
    (c) Jewish messianic expectations were widespread, influential and very diverse. (pp. 66-7)
  • Element 4 (a) Palestine in the early first century CE was experiencing a rash of messianism. There was an evident clamoring of sects and individuals to announce they had found the messiah.
    (b) Christianity’s emergence at this time was therefore no accident. It was part of the zeitgeist.
    (c) Christianity’s long-term success may have been simply a product of natural selection. (pp. 67-73)
  • Element 5 Even before Christianity arose some Jews expected one of their messiahs heralding the end-times would be killed before the final victory. (pp. 73-81)
  • Element 6 The suffering-and-dying servant of Isaiah 52-53 and the messiah of Daniel 9 have numerous logical connections with the “Jesus/Joshua Rising” figure in Zechariah 3 and 6. (pp. 81-83)
  • Element 7 (a) The pre-Christian book of Daniel was a key messianic text, laying out what would happen and when, partly inspiring much of the messianic fervour of the age.
    (b) The text was widely known and widely influential, widely regarded as scripture by early Christians. (pp. 83-87)
  • Element 8 (a) Many messianic Jewish sects were searching the (Hebrew and Greek) scriptures for secret messages.
    (b) It follows that the Jews who became the first Christians had been searching the scriptures this way this long before they became Christians. (pp. 87-88)
  • Element 9 The early first century concept of scriptures embraced not only writings that became canonized but many more works, many of which no longer exist; further, of those that do still exist, including canonical texts, the early first century versions were sometimes quite different in details. Texts in places were been modified, changed, before their canonical versions were finally settled. (p. 88-92)
  • Element 10 Christianity began as a Jewish messianic cult preaching a spiritually victorious messiah. (pp. 92-96)

"On the Historicity of Jesus". RationalWiki. Retrieved 31 August 2023.
  • Thus many Jewish counter-culture sects were extant during the period in question that may have influenced or even competed with the Jewish sect that Paul joined—now termed as the original "Christian" sect—which may have originally been named "The Brothers of the Lord".
The distinguishing characteristic of a Christian sect would be the archangel Jesus having died. There is no evidence Paul knew of any Christian sect preaching “another kind of death.”
[…]
Paul is never clear on what sort of death is meant. The words he uses also referred to standard Jewish executions (as for example by stoning). I cite scholarship and evidence of that in OHJ (pp. 61-62). So, for example, the sect outside the Roman Empire that preached Christ was stoned and then crucified, by the Jews (OHJ, Ch. 8.1; which Paul could be referring to, as he is sufficiently vague) could be more original than the souped up version invented possibly by Mark that has the Romans do it in collusion with the Jews.
Other than that, there probably were pre-Christian sects (one of which probably became Christian, by novel revelation) that did revere the archangel Jesus and probably even taught he would be the coming messiah, but had not yet come to the conclusion that he’d died to effect his plans, thus had already initiated the end times timetable. There are hints in the Dead Sea Scrolls that the sect(s) represented there did have some such view (and may even have written up pesher prophecies of that angel’s future planned death). But we don’t know that for sure, we don’t know if the only such sect simply became Christianity, we don’t know if any members of that sect protested the revelation and stuck to the original timetable and thus broke away, we don’t know if there were other sects never impacted by the revelation who continued preaching their own thing. Paul does say there were sects preaching “another Jesus” whom the Christians should shun. So those could have been any of the above, for example.
Another way to look at it is: the manner of death was too trivial to have a schism over at that point, especially as Paul is so vague about it—and you don’t go vague on a point that’s creating schisms; that’s what creeds are for: to demarcate what’s valid and what’s anathema. So clearly there were no anathemas regarding means of the killing; vagueness would at best mean an intent to “big tent” the movement and unite schisms. Notice that by the time we get to Ignatius, now the manner of death is a schism point built into the creed, indicating that by then there certainly were sects disagreeing (though exactly what they were disagreeing on or why we can only speculate). But that’s almost a hundred years later. But there could well have been sects still revering or expecting the Jesus angel as not having died, and who (like possibly Philo) thought it absurd that he would ever do so, and/or who (like possibly the Qumran sect) thought it was not time yet for it to happen, who were competing with Christian sects. They could be the “other Jesus’s” Paul talks about. But we sadly just don’t know.

Comment by Richard Carrier—23 May 2018—per "Historicity Big and Small: How Historians Try to Rescue Jesus". Richard Carrier Blogs. 26 April 2018.

Which give us clues that Col. Mustard in the library with a candle stick killed JESUS!

1) Peter as the putative founder of Christianity may have created a pesher that he used to recruit followers to his cult. This hypothetical pesher would have revealed God's plan for Jesus to bring about salvation. Said pesher may of been written in Aramaic or Greek.

2) Paul, a charismatic leader, was an educated Roman Citizen AND Torah observant Jew like Philo. Also an educated Roman Citizen AND Torah observant Jew.
..Paul knows Plato really well . . . his native tongue is Greek...

"What The Heck Is The Apostle Paul Up To? | Robyn Faith Walsh PhD". YouTube. MythVision Podcast. 3 June 2022. @TIME:00:10:12

..."the elephant is a myth".
  1. ~66% on probabilities, the elephant is a myth.
  2. ~33% the elephant pooped on Earth. Nothing else can be reliably claimed. The poop is the only valid evidence.
  • Carrier's upper bounds derive from his a fortiori probabilities.
Argumentum a fortiori (literally "argument from the stronger [reason]")

"Argumentum a fortiori". Wikipedia.

[All] my a fortiori probabilities . . . I meticulous prove are facts, not conjectures (e.g. OHJ, Chs. 1, 4, 5, and 7).

--Carrier (18 October 2021). "How to Correctly Employ Bayesian Probabilities to Describe Historical Reasoning (Jesus Edition)". Richard Carrier Blogs.

[W]e must check ourselves against excessive certainty. I do this in OHJ by setting as extreme a boundary against my own conclusions as is reasonably possible, thus producing the a fortiori result of 1 in 3 for Jesus, in contrast to my own unchecked judgment of 1 in 12,000. I believe only the result of 1 in 3 is confidently defensible to critics. The lower bound of 1 in 12,000 is plausible, but not confidently knowable. In effect, I recognize the margin of error is large. The true probability is somewhere in between 1 in 12,000 and 1 in 3 and we cannot know where in between; which means even I cannot claim to know the probability is less than 1 in 3, only that it is not reasonable to say it’s higher than 1 in 3. Historicists need to adopt the same humility in the face of the extremely ambiguous and problematic evidence we are stuck with for Jesus.

--Carrier (29 May 2018). "A Test of Bayesian History: Efraim Wallach on Old Testament Studies". Richard Carrier Blogs.

softandmushy-jpeg.47198
Probably not what you are intending here, but the illustration contradicts "the poop is the only evidence" statement below.

1.~66% on probabilities, the elephant is a myth.

2.~33% the elephant pooped on Earth. Nothing else can be reliably claimed. The poop is the only valid evidence. Carrier's upper bounds derive from his a fortiori probabilities..
Each individual is grasping a little piece of evidence of the elephant!

Oddly enough, I sort of see some illustrative semblance where a variety of Christians are looking at the different aspects of scriptures from ALL directions..
..the big advantage here: is the growing 'accumulation' of investigative examinations from all Christians, regardless of denomination or background, viewing from various angles and contributing to the 'Great Christian Knowledge-base or database.. accessible to everyone to compare and cross-reference with.

Last edited:
Christian archeology

1. Search for the lost Ark, some clam it is in an Ethiopian church.
2. Past clams going back to the 40s 50s of aerial pictures of Noah's Ark on Mat Ararat. Clams of personal sightings.
3. C,laimms to have fou7d the Tomb and home of Jesus.

Church of the Holy Sepulchre
A diagram of the modern church showing the traditional site of Calvary and the Tomb of Jesus

The Church of the Holy Sepulchre is a church in the Christian Quarter of the Old City of Jerusalem.[3] It contains, according to traditions dating back to the fourth century, the two holiest sites in Christianity: the site where Jesus was crucified,[4] at a place known as Calvary (or Golgotha), and Jesus' empty tomb, where he is believed by Christians to have been buried and resurrected.[5]

The Garden Tomb in Jerusalem. The Garden Tomb is a rock-cut tomb in Jerusalem, which was unearthed in 1867 and is considered by some Protestants to be the tomb of Jesus. The tomb has been dated by Israeli archaeologist Gabriel Barkay to the 8th–7th centuries BC.

Talpiot Tomb

The Talpiot Tomb (or Talpiyot Tomb) is a rock-cut tomb discovered in 1980 in the East Talpiot neighborhood, five kilometers (three miles) south of the Old City in East Jerusalem. It contained ten ossuaries, six inscribed with epigraphs, including one interpreted as "Yeshua bar Yehosef" ("Jeshua, son of Joseph"), although the inscription is partially illegible, and its translation and interpretation is widely disputed.[9] It is widely believed by scholars that the Jesus in Talpiot (if this is indeed his name) is not Jesus of Nazareth, but a person with the same name, since he appears to have a son named Judas (buried next to him) and the tomb shows signs of belonging to a wealthy Judean family, while Jesus came from a low-class Galilean family.[10]

True Cross, Christian relic, reputedly the wood of the cross on which Jesus Christ was crucified. Legend relates that the True Cross was found by St. Helena, mother of Constantine the Great, during her pilgrimage to the Holy Land about 326 ce.

The RCC creates thousands of saints, even Constantine's mother.

HeeHee, the Armstrong Institute Of Biblical Archeology

"On January 6, 1982, at two o’clock in the afternoon, I found the ark of the covenant.”

So asserted the famous—or, perhaps more appropriately, infamous—amateur archaeologist, the late Ronald Wyatt (1933–1999).

It’s a statement that will naturally be met with scorn from many. But there also remains a large body of proponents who believe that Ron Wyatt really did find the ark of the covenant, along with his manifold other touted biblical discoveries made over a two-decade-long period. If this ark of the covenant “discovery” is news to you, you might be thinking, Why haven’t I heard this before? After all, such a jaw-dropping discovery should have received wall-to-wall coverage worldwide.

The answer to this and many of Wyatt’s other discoveries, put simply, is that there’s one key thing unfortunately missing: evidence. And none more lacking in evidence than what would surely be the greatest discovery of them all: the ark of the covenant.

Yet the argument from the Wyatt camp is that the lack of evidence is actually the result of a massive Israeli government cover-up.

A Jewish consp[iracy to hide the Ark,

HeeHee, the Armstrong Institute Of Biblical Archeology

Archeologist use the bible to find ancient places today.

The archeologist and NT scholar (once an atheist) changed his mind on Luke.

Sir William Ramsay researched and focused on verifying specific cities, events, and people mentioned in Luke’s writings, particularly in the book of Acts. Despite his initial skepticism, Ramsay found Luke’s accounts to be remarkably accurate and trustworthy.

He stated that Luke’s historical statements are “among the historians of the first rank,” emphasizing the importance of truthfulness in a great historian.
Ramsay’s shift in perspective was significant, as he had initially been influenced by the Tübingen School of thought, which questioned the authorship and historical reliability of the New Testament.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom