• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

The Conclusive Reason?

Clearly invisible colour presents a logical conundrum, so the squirrel is suspect.
Had said rodent appeared and spoken to you from a burning oak, on the other hand, we would all have to acknowledge Him and accede to His plan.

If the burden of proof works the way they want, then we would all be forced to accept all non-falsifiable claims as true, which includes existence claims of all of those 8000+ other gods and any crazy thing I make up on the spot.
Excellent point, Underseer.
Of course, once you mention that, they will immediately insist that the logic of their argument only applies to one particular conclusion and becomes invalid when applied to any other conclusion.
Hmmm... A sort of theological observer effect, eh? a quantum collapse to a single deity for any given observer?

It's not a "theological observer effect," but a simple ordinary special pleading fallacy.

Saeed will be back. I know the conclusive reason why some one will believe in God - arrested development.
(Thanks, AthenaAwakened. Took the reason from your topic)

I've seen all 4 series of Arrested Development, but it didn't make me believe in God. Hell, it didn't even make me believe in Gob!

Compassion.

You mean "creator(s)", right?
There is not reasonably satisfactory basis for belief in the existence of the creator.

The proposed creator does not have a Real Human Life.

The proposed creator is not in The Absolute Reality.

The proposed creator's Future Existence is not Guaranteed.

S:

What is else, other than the creator of the universe, is worth to believe in?

Saeed
"Worth" believing in? Well for a society to thrive, compassion would be one major component that is "worth" believing in.

S:
Who could be more compassionate than the creator of the universe?

There is not reasonably satisfactory basis for belief in the existence of the creator.

S:

Saeed
"Worth" believing in? Well for a society to thrive, compassion would be one major component that is "worth" believing in.

S:

Exactly. The Invisible Pink Unicorn is the compassionate creator! Well done, Saeed. :)

The concept of God makes many assumptions, each reducing its a priori probability, which is almost zero. This makes the only rational position strong disbelieve in God, until the evidence shows otherwise. The evidence does not show otherwise, but in fact is inconsistent with existence of anything that would qualify as personal creator with the qualities that nearly all theist ascribe to their God.

You mean the current universe with its non-stop suffering that any compassionate God could put an end to instantly?

The only possible God that could have created the current universe is a malevolent God who is at best apathetic to human suffering and at worst revels in it. The facts of the world make all Gods implausible, but a compassionate God the least plausible. It was actually this realization at the age of 14 that prompted me consciously conclude that I was an atheist. Unlike most theists, I had already realized that any God concept had very low probability of existing, but like other theists I hoped for a creator that would be the arbiter of cosmic justice. Once I realized that the only possible God was a malevolent one, I stopped hoping for there to be a God, and since hope in a God is the sole thing that supports believe in God (not evidence or reason), I was no longer a believer.

S:
Oh, lots of people could be more compassionate that the creator you're shilling for.
Anyone who wasn't a total dick, for one.
Anyone who wasn't a misogynist.
Anyone who doesn't think disbelief justifies damnation.
Anyone who thinks child birth shouldn't be painful.
Anyone who thinks gender is a poor reason to discriminate.
Anyone who thinks all humans should be considered God's children.
Anyone who actually puts a stop to suffering....

The list goes on and on and on and on...

S:

Saeed
S:
I am glad that you agree that compassion is worth believing in.

What is the conclusive (fateful) reason, for, disbelief in the creator of the universe and, how?

Saeed H H Alyousuf

This has probably already been said in this thread: there is no evidence to support a justified belief in the existence of a Creator of the Universe. That a Universe exists, in all its wondrous complexity, is evidence for the existence of a complex Universe, and nothing more. To make up stories out of ignorance goes too far. Far too far.

Back
Top Bottom