• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

The Democratic Party has attractive positions for moderate republicians/center right voters

They broke our law when they entered the country by not going through customs like everyone else.
You might want to understand what refugee is. And the treaties your country has signed with regards to such a status. Go on. Explain them to me.

Sorry, I also meant with proof and not some youtube carlson-esque bullshit.

You might also buy a talking heads best of cd and wonder, "well how did I get here", but I think everyone knows that is a bridge too far.

Musk says he bought Twitter not for profit but for knowing how suppressed and censored speech in the US was becoming.
We welcome everyone back to the regular part of the program where Patooka proves RVonse wrong not by posting any new information, but by information that RVonse appears to be too scared to address.

EVEN AFTER FUCKING YEARS

Fucking hell, at this point, I think I can beat any of RVonse's argument just with a ctrl-c ctrl-v.

Musk believes in free speech? Get fucked. I could say what I like about RVonse as well. I can open a door and shout it out.

Getting kicked out of someone's bar because I love Crowder and hate Jews is not censorship. That's me being a cunt. One of these days RVonse is going to learn that, by being kicked out of Musk's bar.
But I think we are all going to be tired by then...

Hey, @RVonse, I can tell you exactly why Musk bought Twitter. It was the temper tantrum of an oligarch (you allegedly hate oligarchs just in case you are aware) who was going through a messy divorce and his ex shacked up with someone who is trans, That's it. No inside job (pun intended), no nothing. Simple and straightforward.

Or it's just sad that you are willing to propagate this into something more. O R OK?

IIRC you consider yourself a "Libertarian" @RVonse . How do you feel about "right to work" laws? How do you feel about tariffs intended to help fragile American enterprises (and their workforces) which seek to deliver important energy technologies in the future?
I agree with Frank Lloyd Wright. If capitalism is fair then unionism must be. If men and women have a right to capitalize their ideas and the resources of their country, then that implies the right of men and women to capitalize their labor.

I also agree with tariffs. As Laughing Dogs correctly points out, it is not perfect free market capitalism that normal libertarians would prefer. But there does have to be some method to cope with other countries who are able to unfairly support their industries. And there also has to be some method for government to encourage on shore manufacturing when it helps generate high value industries.
Tariffs are a form of protectionism, hence anti-free market. They increase the price the consumer must pay, and are therefore a form of sales tax. They encourage and support uncompetitive and inefficient businesses. The USA has a long history of protectionism, and also large subsidies for farmers (over $30 billion per year).
I said as much, in that tariffs are not perfect free market capitalism within the world that is not perfect to begin with. As far as the farmers receiving their large subsidies I have no opinion other than the US is probably the best fed nation on earth given all the obesity there is. So that alone appears to support that tariffs or subsidies do indeed work for the farmers and the US (assuming you want well fed people).

If you don't want something tax it. But if you do want something then either give it a subsidy or protect it with a tariff.

Last edited:

The U.S. is providing aid to Ukraine is this a "sporting war"? What does that even mean?
Ukrainians are mostly white-skinned Christians. Do they also need to speak English before the U.S. should come to their defense?

In the 1990's Bill Clinton and NATO agreed to a United Nations request to help prevent further war crimes by Serbia against Bosnia. Was this a "sporting war"?
A sporting war is an offensive and unnecessary war the US need not wage. Wars generally designed to feed and enrich the military industrial complex and all its corrupt actors down the line. 50 years ago the Democrats helped us get out of the Viet Nam war, today it would be the MAGA republicans who would be against it.
When was the first time in your life you ever heard the name Putin? What did you think of him at that time?
Sometime during the Clinton years right after the fall of the USSR, when Russia was asking to be part of NATO. https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...-wanted-to-join-alliance-early-on-in-his-rule

We sure have come a long way since days when Russia actually wanted to join the west. Compared to today when we hear threats about possible nukes flying our way. IMO our politicians blew it big time with an opportunity to be at peace with Russia. But that was probably what they really wanted to satisfy their greed.

A sporting war is an offensive and unnecessary war the US need not wage.
Thank you for showing you just copy and paste Lauren Chen's opinion and that you have none of your own.
I have no idea who Lauren Chen is....but if she agrees with me I like her!
Considering how fringe online savvy you are, you not knowing who Lauren Chen is sounds about as plausible as your orange messiah not knowing what Project 2025 is all about.

Last edited:
Anti-Demonization and spread of lies and hate about people living in the country. The lie about Hatians eating pets as one example.
If you care about reality, here is an actual video of Springfield, Ohio speaking with many people in this small town all expressing frustrations with the number of migrants that have overwhelmed their small midwest city.

It should be noted this producer does many other locations and is rarely if ever political in his stance. Leading me to believe the content is real and trustworthy. It should also be noted that the lie about hatians eating dogs was probably an exaggeration but eating of cats and geese was not. It is part of their culture. And finally, it should be noted that this is only the start of what will probably be more to come in other parts of our country with a Harris presidency.

In the past, the oligarchy outsourced factories to other countries. Now they want to move that same cheap labor into our country.

I've lost count how many lies you have promoted over the years. And just so we're clear, I'm not accusing you of lying per se - I am saying you are very easily manipulated and the lies you (I assume inadvertently) propagate have a very particular right wing MAGA tone.

But seeing as you think videos on the internet are a verifiable self contained well formed arguments, watch the first 15 minutes of this video so you can be educated why your xenophobic talking points are actually causing harm to innocent people.

You're welcome.

Xwitter had a policy of suppressing Tweets with particularly blatant political lies but now encourage lies endorsed by its owner, Elon Musk. Is this expansion of "free speech" on Xwitter a development you support?
Musk says he bought Twitter not for profit but for knowing how suppressed and censored speech in the US was becoming. It should be noted that (like myself) Musk was also a life long Democrat. But it is not Musk or myself that have changed our views, it the Democrat party.
And then we have the Reagan Republicans that vote Democrat now. We have conservatives/Libertarians in this thread supporting Harris and the Democrats.

Just because Musk has a cult following, doesn't mean he makes any sense, supports actual free speech, or isn't a megalomaniac.

Back
Top Bottom