• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

The dog ate the IRS's homework.

Nexus

Basic Beliefs
basically
The Internal Revenue Service (IRS) claimed Friday that it cannot produce Lois Lerner’s emails to and from the White House and other administration departments due to a supposed computer crash.
If only we had another govt agency that recorded and stored all emails and communications in America.

Link

Well, next time the IRS asks you to produce receipts, you know what your answer is.

941588_532291280167693_1208810884_n.jpg

Only one computer had these emails. That seems utterly impossible to believe.

Well, next time the IRS asks you to produce receipts, you know what your answer is.

Yeah, it took me 6 months to convince them that they already had the money they were demanding I pay.
But (according to you) you are such a good accountant :)
What happened?

I never found out. They finally conceded that they had had it all along without telling me why they decided that. Given their obsession with the cancelled check I suspect somebody did something wrong on their end with crediting it.

Yeah, it took me 6 months to convince them that they already had the money they were demanding I pay.
But (according to you) you are such a good accountant :)
What happened?

I never found out. They finally conceded that they had had it all along without telling me why they decided that. Given their obsession with the cancelled check I suspect somebody did something wrong on their end with crediting it.
Wrong? that's impossible, these people are professional accountants!

Wrong? that's impossible, these people are professional accountants!

You really think the first level people are accountants??

It Just Got Worse - IRS now claims can't recover emails for 6 employees...

IRS missing emails not only for Lois Lerner, but also six other officials http://www.bizjournals.com/bizjourn...sing-emails-not-only-for-lois-lerner-but.html

It turns out that they are also claiming that they lost the emails for 6 other officials as well, including that of Nikole Flax, "the chief of staff to former IRS commissioner Steven Miller, who was fired in the wake of the targeting scandal." As Ms. Flax was also reputed to be a frequent White House visitor, her emails are of particular interest.

Oh my...

Last edited:
Maybe the RNC can help. They know a lot about losing emails...

Not to spoil the party with reality, but....the IRS only kept six months worth of backup tapes. They do have a policy for keeping hard copies of "official" emails, but that can be a vague standard. So when stout hearted congressional investigators asked for Lerner's emails, the IRS tapes only went back to late 2012.

The IRS uses Outlook, and users are only allowed 500MB of server space. So many people therefore save emails on their local drives. But Lerners computer crashed irrecoverably in 2011, and that is documented.

So the only emails they can find are ones that either remained on others computers or exist as hard copies.

Another smoke and mirrors scandal.

I thought the government had a system that automatically archived all official email correspondence?

You know who else conveniently lost some emails?

Bill Clinton, er, I mean Hitler.

Maybe the RNC can help. They know a lot about losing emails...

Not to spoil the party with reality, but....the IRS only kept six months worth of backup tapes. They do have a policy for keeping hard copies of "official" emails, but that can be a vague standard. So when stout hearted congressional investigators asked for Lerner's emails, the IRS tapes only went back to late 2012.

The IRS uses Outlook, and users are only allowed 500MB of server space. So many people therefore save emails on their local drives. But Lerners computer crashed irrecoverably in 2011, and that is documented.

So the only emails they can find are ones that either remained on others computers or exist as hard copies.

Another smoke and mirrors scandal.

Ironic since the IRS requires at least 7 years of paperwork for back taxes and can't even keep email around. We'll see what comes of the scandal.

Who the fuck only keeps six months worth of emails? I think that there are zero businesses in the world who have a standard like that and it's insane that a major government organization doesn't have a minimal standard of retaining information.

Back
Top Bottom