• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

The feminazis have taken over and ruined Star Wars!

Underseer

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
atheism, resistentialism

Did you not notice that this movie has a female lead?

This proves that men are being persecuted by the feminazis! Political correctness! Social justice warrior! Third wave feminism!!!!!!

When will the oppression of men ever end? It's so unfair! It's soooooo unfair!

On a more serious note, you know what's sad? You can go through all the posts by woman-haters in the comments of the above video, and not tell the difference between conservochristians and atheist woman-haters. Whoops? Did I say "woman-hater"? That's not the politically correct term, is it. I meant to say "valiant champions of equality who stand up to the feminazi oppressors."

Is that the correct term these days? Is it still OK to call them MRA? Or is that politically incorrect also?

Another bullshit topic. I hope she got paid half what the male lead got in the previous movie.

This proves that men are being persecuted by the feminazis! Political correctness! Social justice warrior! Third wave feminism!!!!!!

On a more serious note, you know what's sad? You can go through all the posts by woman-haters in the comments of the above video, and not tell the difference between conservochristians and atheist woman-haters. Whoops? Did I say "woman-hater"? That's not the politically correct term, is it. I meant to say "valiant champions of equality who stand up to the feminazi oppressors."

Is that the correct term these days? Is it still OK to call them MRA? Or is that politically incorrect also?

This is a spoof, right?

Well, it does seem like Star Wars is pandering to all the latest in Hollywood diversity fads (e.g. Ghostbusters are now women). Now there is talk about Luke Skywalker being gay. I guess its important to have a gay guy in there somewhere so that real gay people on Earth feel like they could destroy planet killing weapons just like straight people.

I'm sure we'll discover more important gems to appease the SJWs as the series progresses. Perhaps Greedo comes out as lesbian. Or Boba Fett identifies as "gender fluid". Chewie gets caught trying on a skirt. Or we'll find out that Jabba the Hut isn't obese (excuse me... I mean, plus sized) because he eats crap junk food...he has a thyroid problem. When Stormtroopers slaughter the Jawas, the first thing out of Obi Wan Kenobi's mouth will be, "Not all Stormtroopers are like that!".

Attachments

• images (1).jpg
    images (1).jpg
    7.9 KB · Views: 4
Well, it does seem like Star Wars is pandering to all the latest in Hollywood diversity fads (e.g. Ghostbusters are now women). ...
What's so terrible about that?

thebeave, what sort of female characters are acceptable to you? Seriously.

This is a spoof, right?

Yes. Sorry if that wasn't clear.

Well, it does seem like Star Wars is pandering to all the latest in Hollywood diversity fads (e.g. Ghostbusters are now women). ...
What's so terrible about that?

I would also like to know what he thinks is so terrible about the existing Star Wars movie.

There are a lot of fanboy complaints.

"Another woman-led Star Wars movie?"

Again, the complaints of the male gender upset that their privilege of leading EVERY movie is being changed. You never hear them saying, "What? Another GUY in the lead of a Star Wars movie?"

Yeah, I was amazed at so many of those comments. Really? You even notice that it's a female lead? And you have heartburn over two in a row? Seriously? This feels upsetting to you? That there are now two instead of one? Wow. If women stayed home every time there were two male leads in a row in an action film series... The comments just seem like parodies of themselves.

Look, I don't want to hear about the empire being some sort of patriarchy. Women were totally represented from the start in Star Wars.

Star Wars:
  • Aunt Beru
  • The lounge singer (added later to everyone's total enjoyment)
  • Princess Leia
  • The little wheelie droid (obviously a chick)

Empire Strikes Back:
  • Tauntaun (Did you see junk on that thing?)
  • I think there was a chick or two on Cloud City.

Return of The Jedi:
  • Jabba's hot slave chicks.
  • Mon Motha
  • Non-gay Ewoks.
  • And that extra stormtrooper they needed for the cut scene where Han blasts stormtroopers into a pile after entering the shield generator.
  • Almost forgot: Boba Fett-swallowing sand vagina.

CHICKS GALORE! SJWs need to back off!

Last edited:
Well, it does seem like Star Wars is pandering to all the latest in Hollywood diversity fads (e.g. Ghostbusters are now women). Now there is talk about Luke Skywalker being gay. I guess its important to have a gay guy in there somewhere so that real gay people on Earth feel like they could destroy planet killing weapons just like straight people.

The only problem I would have against that is I have watched and read a lot of Star Wars and Luke isn't gay in any of those stories, so it would be a WTF moment. Apart from the incest-boners he gets in the main canon, he also has a relationship with Mara Jade.

Apart from that, there is no reason to be opposed to a same-sex relationship on camera unless it disgusts you.

Diversity has only been on-trend in mass-media for a short time, but it's unlikely that the industry will ever stop being diverse, especially if minority characters add flavour to a story.

I've enjoyed a lot of sci-fi in my life, including movies, books and video games, and female lead characters have never reduced the quality of a story. A mix of male and female leads is far better than always having the standard thirtysomething white guy (with brown hair and stubble).

I'm sure we'll discover more important gems to appease the SJWs as the series progresses. Perhaps Greedo comes out as lesbian. Or Boba Fett identifies as "gender fluid". Chewie gets caught trying on a skirt. Or we'll find out that Jabba the Hut isn't obese (excuse me... I mean, plus sized) because he eats crap junk food...he has a thyroid problem. When Stormtroopers slaughter the Jawas, the first thing out of Obi Wan Kenobi's mouth will be, "Not all Stormtroopers are like that!".

I would genuinely love to see Jabba the Hutt become a mascot for Fat Feminism.

I am going to nerd out and ask, aren't Jedi supposed to be celibate?

I am going to nerd out and ask, aren't Jedi supposed to be celibate?

http://scifi.stackexchange.com/ques...all-sexual-relations-or-only-from-the-ones-in

We know that Jedi aren't supposed to have a family, because the emotional attachments cause bad dialog, wooden acting and acute case of turning into a Sith.

But are pre-Empire Jedi, as @Richard put in a recent comment, required to be celibate, which technically speaking means no sexual relations of any kind, even ones that don't involve emotional attachment?

There is an article on BBC News which contains an interview with George Lucas, including the following passage:

...But Lucas revealed that despite their monastic regime, Jedi were permitted to have sex.

"Jedi Knights aren't celibate - the thing that is forbidden is attachments - and possessive relationships."

That a cool get-out-of-relationship-free card for Jedi to play. "Sorry, baby, it's been fun but things are getting a little bit too serious now and I'm worried that I'm about to slaughter an innocent group of children. That's why I haven't returned any of your messages".

It's not about what characters are acceptable but about shoehorning female characters (both Episode VII and Rogue One have female protagonists) for the sake of political correctness.

It's not about what characters are acceptable but about shoehorning female characters (both Episode VII and Rogue One have female protagonists) for the sake of political correctness.

And this was done for the sake of "political correctness"? Whatever that means. I mean two movies in a row make a trend? Or does the audiences today like badass female characters?

Back
Top Bottom