• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

The former president claims that rioters who invaded the capital were hugging and kissing the police!

southernhybrid

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
atheist
If this doesn't show that the former president is a mad man, I don't know what does.

https://www.ksn.com/news/politics/trump-defends-capitol-rioters-says-there-was-zero-threat/

Former President Donald Trump on Thursday defended some of his supporters who rioted at the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6, saying they posed “zero threat” to the lawmakers who had assembled there to certify the Electoral College vote that confirmed Joe Biden’s victory in the presidential race.

Trump complained to Fox News Channel’s Laura Ingraham that law enforcement was “persecuting” the Capitol rioters, while “nothing happens” to left-wing protesters.

Trump did acknowledge that those who stormed the Capitol “went in and they shouldn’t have done it.”

But he added: “Some of them went in and they’re, they’re hugging and kissing the police and the guards. You know, they had great relationships. A lot of the people were waved in and then they walked in and they walked out.”

I know there's not much to discuss here, but it does make me wonder why there are still a few Trump 2024 signs in my area. Will the Trump cultists ever wake up and see how much damage this man has done to the country? Will they ever ask what he's done for them? Those are rhetorical questions, but it does make me wonder how was it that so many people were easily fished in to this horrible man's cult.

If this doesn't show that the former president is a mad man, I don't know what does.

https://www.ksn.com/news/politics/trump-defends-capitol-rioters-says-there-was-zero-threat/

Former President Donald Trump on Thursday defended some of his supporters who rioted at the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6, saying they posed “zero threat” to the lawmakers who had assembled there to certify the Electoral College vote that confirmed Joe Biden’s victory in the presidential race.

Trump complained to Fox News Channel’s Laura Ingraham that law enforcement was “persecuting” the Capitol rioters, while “nothing happens” to left-wing protesters.

Trump did acknowledge that those who stormed the Capitol “went in and they shouldn’t have done it.”

But he added: “Some of them went in and they’re, they’re hugging and kissing the police and the guards. You know, they had great relationships. A lot of the people were waved in and then they walked in and they walked out.”

I know there's not much to discuss here, but it does make me wonder why there are still a few Trump 2024 signs in my area. Will the Trump cultists ever wake up and see how much damage this man has done to the country? Will they ever ask what he's done for them? Those are rhetorical questions, but it does make me wonder how was it that so many people were easily fished in to this horrible man's cult.

IMHO it is the fruit of The Tree of Ignorance and Stupidity that has been so carefully cultivated by the Cult of Conservatism for the last 40 or so years. Education and exposure to diverse cultures would be the cure, but the Cult Leadership has done a masterful job of making education unavailable and exposure to diverse cultures something to be feared more than death itself.

Hugging and kissing? Hmm... Fox News spin? President Trump alleges Capitol rioters sexually harassed Capitol Police

"they had great relationships"

From the guy whose supporters mock President Biden's speaking.

Well, okay, the hugs involved their heads in door frames. ANd sure, the kisses were pecks of bear spray. But it fits, if you squint and look at it sideways.

And in any case, he got the part about them walking in and walking out correct. What, you thought they started floating around like Magneto? C'mon, don't be foolish!

The ones hugging and kissing the Capitol Police were probably those "MAGA Grandmas" that Trausti saw when he looked at that mob.

And let it be a lesson to us all that even well-intentioned hugging and kissing and having great relationships (?) with the police CAN go too far, as at least one officer was killed with kindness.

Trump lied about the election for months. This enraged his low information cult members greatly.

Trump then invited those enraged nuts to come to Washington. By some coincidence they showed up in helmets and flak jackets. They talked of "1776!!" for some reason.

Trump then said that they must fight if they want to keep their nation.

Then told these traitors to go to the Capitol.

They went screaming "Fight for Trump!".

And assaulted dozens of police officers. Killed one.

These are just the facts.

He's a sadist, so it looked like hugging and kissing to him.

Shit can be used as fertilizer. Another metaphor is needed, one that comes down heavier on the useless/destructive side. I favor bloated orange maggot.

Sane people understand that January 6th 2021 was a failed coup.

It was a failed coup orchestrated by Trump and some criminals he pardoned.

What the leader of the failed coup says is not unbiased or meaningful.

Trump should be in a jail cell.

What is wrong with this world?

Sane people understand that January 6th 2021 was a failed coup.

It was a failed coup orchestrated by Trump and some criminals he pardoned.

What the leader of the failed coup says is not unbiased or meaningful.

Trump should be in a jail cell.

What is wrong with this world?

Among many other things, the full third of Congress who believe that January 6th 2021 was not a failed coup. If the persons responsible for deciding what should or should not be legal for citizens to do see no problem with armed insurrection, then I think maybe our democratic system in general is on life support.

What's worse is the apathy in millions who don't care that these elected servants put the interests of Trump over the law.

Trump lies = nothing new

I wonder if Trump will feel the same way about law enforcement when he finally gets arrested for... fuck, just take your pick.

I wonder if Trump will feel the same way about law enforcement when he finally gets arrested for... fuck, just take your pick.

Will they remember that he said they didn't have to be careful with the perp's head as they put them in the back of the car?

Back
Top Bottom