• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

The Great Conjunction

IMG_2503.jpg

Ok.. managed to upload my photo from yesterday. Not too bad for a handheld iPhone through the eyepiece of a kids' telescope.

Yeah, didn't say that.
That's wonderful! One night extrapolated to infinity!

I-80 in northwestern PA actually is a great place to check out the stars... or along many places along I-80, as it is further from population centers than I-76.

But Ohio has a cloud cover issue. It certainly isn't the worst in the world, but in Columbus, over half the days are overcast.

I really want to get up to Tobermory in the late fall, early spring, as that is the tip of Bruce Peninsula, so it is quite isolated all around. In the summer, the black flies are awful! In Ohio, skies can get dark, especially as you move from the cities, but metropolitan light pollution is nothing compared to cloud cover. Of which a two hour drive around Akron has been mostly overcast for a number of days... and will continue until at least Saturday.

Not one night, few nights. Even if you suffer from the lake effect you still have to have some cloudless days.
You don't say. Wanna tell me more about the weather where I live?

Reactions: WAB
Yeah, didn't say that.
That's wonderful! One night extrapolated to infinity!

I-80 in northwestern PA actually is a great place to check out the stars... or along many places along I-80, as it is further from population centers than I-76.

But Ohio has a cloud cover issue. It certainly isn't the worst in the world, but in Columbus, over half the days are overcast.

I really want to get up to Tobermory in the late fall, early spring, as that is the tip of Bruce Peninsula, so it is quite isolated all around. In the summer, the black flies are awful! In Ohio, skies can get dark, especially as you move from the cities, but metropolitan light pollution is nothing compared to cloud cover. Of which a two hour drive around Akron has been mostly overcast for a number of days... and will continue until at least Saturday.

Not one night, few nights. Even if you suffer from the lake effect you still have to have some cloudless days.
You don't say. Wanna tell me more about the weather where I live?
I have lived in the lake effect area too. Wind does not always blow from the lake.

Despite barbos' expertise in the field of meteorology insisting otherwise, still no clear skies... heck not even partly cloudy skies at night yet, just differing levels of overcast! A chance for scattered clouds tomorrow night and then it is doomed until maybe next Monday.

Despite barbos' expertise in the field of meteorology insisting otherwise, still no clear skies... heck not even partly cloudy skies at night yet, just differing levels of overcast! A chance for scattered clouds tomorrow night and then it is doomed until maybe next Monday.

Clear sky here. Nice -35C temperature.

I must say, that was the funniest exchange I've read yet. :)

Just me lolling @ barbos & Higgins.

Back
Top Bottom