• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

The Hate Hoax

Trausti

Deleted
So there's yet another one.

Start here.

Summon the race grifters.

Meghan Markle reaches out to Althea Bernstein after seeing news of alleged hate crime

End here.

Prosecutors: Not enough evidence to prove Wisconsin attack

Madison police on Friday released more than 150 pages of reports detailing the investigation. Traffic and surveillance camera footage shows Bernstein’s vehicle stopped only once and that no one was around the car. The footage also shows that her window was closed throughout and that she was traveling in the right lane, not the left as she told investigators.

None of the cameras picked up a group of four white men that matched Bernstein’s descriptions, the reports said.

But footage does show her in Middleton, a suburb about 15 minutes from downtown Madison, just before 1 a.m. GPS data from her phone corroborates that as her location, the reports said.

Harris told Bernstein’s attorney, Andrea Sumpter, during a meeting Tuesday that no one planned to file any charges against Bernstein, saying there’s no evidence she colluded with anyone to make a false report and there was no evidence she was involved in any of the destruction during the protest.

Should hate hoaxers be prosecuted for hate crime?

Prosecuted without evidence?

No.

Nor should anyone else, for that matter.

So, it may be a hoax. I've read enough on Tawana Brawley to be fully convinced that she perpetrated a hoax.
Hoaxes have happened. Here's the thing: each one is an anecdote. But when they are seized upon to assert or imply that racism is illusory or overplayed or something we have put behind us (and I have no idea if that is the intent of the OP, so I'm leaving the OP out of this), then, to me, it comes from a position of obstinacy and denial.

Start here.

Meghan Markle reaches out to Althea Bernstein after seeing news of alleged hate crime

End here.
Would you explain how Ms. Markle is a "race grifter"?

Who were the alleged victims of this "hate hoax" and what would make it a "hate crime"?

Obviously the victims are libberpublicans.
But protecting them is an impossible and thankless task. They are fragile little snowflakes who are butthurt by every ill-intended act.
Unless it is something like a murder or few committed by a violent right wing extremist hate group member, of course.

Start here.

End here.

Who were the alleged victims of this "hate hoax" and what would make it a "hate crime"?

The victims are those who have actually experienced such personal assaults and report them to the police. Too many hoaxed reports make their claims more suspicious, requiring stronger evidence to be believed.

Assume several people in a neighborhood report several times that a particular neighbor's dog bit them and investigation reveals that the neighbor doesn't have a dog each time. If the neighbor gets a dog and they get another report complaining of a dog bite there will be much less likelihood that the claim will be taken seriously.

https://criminal.findlaw.com/crimin...rime and can,considered a false police report.

Filing a false police report is a crime and can be charged as a misdemeanor or a felony. If you decide to call the police and file a report of a fake crime against someone else, it will be considered a false police report.

This is an example of speech that is not protected by the First Amendment and is in fact considered a crime against justice itself.

Who were the alleged victims of this "hate hoax" and what would make it a "hate crime"?[/B]
The victims are those who have actually experienced such personal assaults and report them to the police. Too many hoaxed reports make their claims more suspicious, requiring stronger evidence to be believed.

Assume several people in a neighborhood report several times that a particular neighbor's dog bit them and investigation reveals that the neighbor doesn't have a dog each time. If the neighbor gets a dog and they get another report complaining of a dog bite there will be much less likelihood that the claim will be taken seriously.

https://criminal.findlaw.com/crimin...rime and can,considered a false police report.

Filing a false police report is a crime and can be charged as a misdemeanor or a felony. If you decide to call the police and file a report of a fake crime against someone else, it will be considered a false police report.

This is an example of speech that is not protected by the First Amendment and is in fact considered a crime against justice itself.

It appears she did actually experience having her shirt doused with lighter fluid and set on fire. From the Associated Press article linked in the OP:

AP said:
An arson dog found no trace of a lighter or other incendiary device in her car and investigators found the car wasn’t damaged. Tests did reveal a substance consistent with lighter fluid on her shirt, however, and her medical records indicate she was treated for burns hours after the attack allegedly happened.

What isn't apparent is who did it.

She may have done it herself, or it may have been done to her by someone she's afraid to name.

Can the "racism-is-a-hoax" crowd make an argument that isn't anecdotal? Or do I have to go online for .5 seconds to find a counter anecdote of a racist tirade?

It appears she did actually experience having her shirt doused with lighter fluid and set on fire. From the Associated Press article linked in the OP:
Yes. It is fairly obvious that she was burned. However, if the police investigation is taken as accurate, her complaint describing what happened is false.
AP said:
An arson dog found no trace of a lighter or other incendiary device in her car and investigators found the car wasn’t damaged. Tests did reveal a substance consistent with lighter fluid on her shirt, however, and her medical records indicate she was treated for burns hours after the attack allegedly happened.

What isn't apparent is who did it.

She may have done it herself, or it may have been done to her by someone she's afraid to name.
Who did it is the question. The police found no evidence of the racist attack as her statement indicated. In fact they found that the statement, as given, was false from reviewing traffic camera video. I kinda doubt she did it to herself... that seems too extreme just to be able to claim she was a victim of racism, but slightly possible if she has mental problems. Possibilities: some sort of freak accident, a jealous girl, her boyfriend, angry parents?

Who did it is the question. The police found no evidence of the racist attack as her statement indicated. In fact they found that the statement, as given, was false from reviewing traffic camera video. I kinda doubt she did it to herself... that seems too extreme just to be able to claim she was a victim of racism, but slightly possible if she has mental problems. Possibilities: some sort of freak accident, a jealous girl, her boyfriend, angry parents?

That's pretty much what I was thinking, although I doubt she'd make up a Bushy Haired Stranger story just to explain an accident to the doctors at the hospital.

That's pretty much what I was thinking, although I doubt she'd make up a Bushy Haired Stranger story just to explain an accident to the doctors at the hospital.
But then maybe so. If an accident was while doing something illegal, something really stupid, or something that would get her into serious trouble with her parents, then she may see the "bushy haired stranger" alibi as an appealing option.

ETA:
Thanks for the "bushy haired stranger" link. I was unaware that this was a thing. :slowclap:

The Death Hoax. There are rare isolated individuals who have faked their deaths. Therefore, by the logic of Trautsi, death itself is a hoax and doesn't exist.

So, it may be a hoax. I've read enough on Tawana Brawley to be fully convinced that she perpetrated a hoax.
Hoaxes have happened. Here's the thing: each one is an anecdote. But when they are seized upon to assert or imply that racism is illusory or overplayed or something we have put behind us (and I have no idea if that is the intent of the OP, so I'm leaving the OP out of this), then, to me, it comes from a position of obstinacy and denial.

So if a white woman falsely alleges that a black man raped her, that’s okay, because there are black men who rape white women?

Ah yes, the good old "using the exception to deny the rule" maneuver.

If you want to draw conclusions about racism, you MUST plot the data and read the line.

If you merely wish to make people draw inaccurate conclusions, you CAN just post a single case study, but it makes you a dishonest piece of shit to do it.

So this puts us at a crossroads: are the racists who use anecdotes to sway people into inaccurate conclusons going to create an actual graph of the aggregated data and show the real trend, or...

So if a white woman falsely alleges that a black man raped her, that’s okay, because there are black men who rape white women?
Still waiting for answers to

1) Why Ms. Markle is a "race grifter"?
2) What constitutes a "hate" hoax?

Ah yes, the good old "using the exception to deny the rule" maneuver.

If you want to draw conclusions about racism, you MUST plot the data and read the line.

If you merely wish to make people draw inaccurate conclusions, you CAN just post a single case study, but it makes you a dishonest piece of shit to do it.

So this puts us at a crossroads: are the racists who use anecdotes to sway people into inaccurate conclusons going to create an actual graph of the aggregated data and show the real trend, or...

So you’re in favor of creating racial animus from phantom events so long as that blood libel is directed against racial groups you don’t like? Got it. Jarhyn is a racist.

Still waiting for answers to

1) Why Ms. Markle is a "race grifter"?
2) What constitutes a "hate" hoax?

A race grifter profits from agitating racial divisions. And, are you saying you believe this woman was attacked despite the contrary evidence?

The Death Hoax. There are rare isolated individuals who have faked their deaths. Therefore, by the logic of Trautsi, death itself is a hoax and doesn't exist.

Ah, yes, forgot. You’re a Jussie Smollett believer.

Ah yes, forgot that you think two people is "evidence". Two people are still "isolated individuals". Way more than two people have faked their deaths, so by your logic death is a hoax.

And no, I said from day 1 that Smollett's claims were implausible given the context.

Back
Top Bottom