• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Moved The legal plunder now taking place with Congress new Omnibus spending bill.

To denote the thread has been moved
Most people did not want it but they unfortuantely passed it anyway. But that would be expected since Congress could give a shit about what the people want and care only about their sponsors. They most certaintly did not have time to actually read it, that much is certain.:

And all anyone has said so far on this thread is to dismiss the people who are telling the truth about it. No discussion about the merits of the bill itself!

Polls where the participants are self-selected mean very little. With something like Twitter they are meaningless.

Is the talking head in the OP videa some random person or is there a good reason to listen to Mark Moss?

Is the talking head in the OP videa some random person or is there a good reason to listen to Mark Moss?
He describes himself as an investor with 25+ years of experience (no details of course) whilst talking about the benefits od cryptocurrency and NFTs.

So, yes he's just a random. No, he shouldn't be taken seriously.

Thanks to Loren for calling my attention to this peculiar post.

Most people did not want it but they unfortuantely passed it anyway. But that would be expected since Congress could give a shit about what the people want and care only about their sponsors. They most certaintly did not have time to actually read it, that much is certain.:

And all anyone has said so far on this thread is to dismiss the people who are telling the truth about it. No discussion about the merits of the bill itself!

Let me get this straight. We are now getting our news and opinions not from journalists or scholars but from Elon Musk's polls on Twitter! (Dare I ask whether we prefer polls with or without blue-checkmark filtration?)

The comical link to Elon Musk's poll would be hilarious, if not for the grave warning it presents about the impending collapse of sociopolitical norms.

I am not always certain what my opinion should be with regards to (fill in blank) or how much of my time it is worth to become sufficiently informed to be able to reason whether something is or is not with merit.

Thank you to everyone in this thread for mentioning 3 benchmarks against which I can form any reasonable opinion.

If something is protested by Rand Paul, Dead Donald Rumsfeld AND Elon Musk, it must be the very best idea/policy/budget/opinion. Even one of those is enough to make me give it my vote but this hits the trifecta.

And FFS, even when he was alive Dead Donald Rumsfeld never protested that the military budget was too much. I don't think he's got religion since he died, no matter what the LDS church thinks.

He describes himself as an investor with 25+ years of experience (no details of course) whilst talking about the benefits od cryptocurrency and NFTs.

So, yes he's just a random. No, he shouldn't be taken seriously.
Anyone touting cryptocurrencies or NFTs is either naive or stupid or a grifter.

Back
Top Bottom