• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

The Mark Meadows Files

Patooka

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
aaa
Firstly, I'm going to preface this by saying I hope attaching "files" to scandals becomes the new thing. But that's mainly because I'm sick and fucking tired of everything in the media being labelled "something-gate". It's as original as people quoting Monty Python without any self awareness. It's 2022 for Chrissake.

Secondly, to all the conspiracy dumb cunts out there who want me to care about Hunter's laptop, or Biden stealing the election or the recent "Twitter files" non-story, I require receipts. No a gish gallop of 40+ youtube videos. I want specific names, what they specifically did and when they did it. Basic stuff, in other words.

Cue, TPM and Mark Meadows' text messages. There is a cornucopia of correspondence between Trump's Chief of Staff and prominent Republicans. And those text messages show there was a concerted effort to overthrow the legitimate results of the 2020 election. They clearly didn't give a fuck about voter fraud, they just didn't like the result and decided to steal at any cost.

For example, this text from Jason Miller to Mark Meadows on the 30th of December, 2020:
FYI…So I asked Ali Pardo from our press shop to get in touch with Rep. Mo Brooks’ office since he seems to be the ringleader on the Jan 6th deal. They say they will have as many as 50 members on board 1/6…but we won’t have a list of names until Sunday or Monday. This may not surprise you, but no one from the legal team has made contact with them at all. They request examples of fraud, numbers, names, whatever supporting evidence can be provided. We’ve now supplied that, but our legal squad isn’t exactly buttoned up. I bring this up for a simple reason – if we’re hoping to move real numbers on the 6th, I think we need to quickly start mobilizing our real-deal allies. I’m ready to go, I have bodies to help, will follow your lead.
These "examples of fraud, numbers, names, whatever supporting evidence can be provided"? A report written in 2005. Hardly what I call proof unless this report could accurately see 15 years into the future.

Chip Roy texted Meadows on November 5, saying:
We have no tools / data / information to go out and fight RE: election / fraud. If you need / want it, we all need to know what’s going on.

Mark Green texted Meadows November 5, saying:
Dick Morris is saying State Leg can intervene and declare Trump winner.�NC, PA, MI, WI all have GOP Leg. �

All up there are around 450 texts to and from Meadows and TPM point out at least 34 currently serving members Republicans were involved.

But of course, there is also the text message that is making the rounds by Republicunt Representative Ralph Norman:
Mark, in seeing what’s happening so quickly, and reading about the Dominion law suits attempting to stop any meaningful investigation we are at a point of � no return � in saving our Republic !! Our LAST HOPE is invoking Marshall Law!! PLEASE URGE TO PRESIDENT TO DO SO!!

He sent that to Meadows 11 days after the attack on the Capitol. It's fucking clear these cunts were never operating in good faith when they were discussing election fraud, and it's equally clear their ethics are, "It's only wrong if you get caught"

First TPM article
Second TPM article

All the names, dates, quotes and context one could need.

But of course, there is also the text message that is making the rounds by Republicunt Representative Ralph Norman:
Mark, in seeing what’s happening so quickly, and reading about the Dominion law suits attempting to stop any meaningful investigation we are at a point of � no return � in saving our Republic !! Our LAST HOPE is invoking Marshall Law!! PLEASE URGE TO PRESIDENT TO DO SO!!
Wait, he wanted Trump to watch a twenty year old ratings flop starring Lisa McCune and William McInnes?

I don't like the man, but making him watch Marshall Law is surely cruel and unusual punishment?

Without a doubt what we have is evidence and mounting evidence for is an attempted coup. We have yet to find out if SCOTUS is going to get on board and make future coup attempts legal.

Just look at what the USA did the last time a large group of white people tried to over throw it. Slap on the back of the hand and statues erected so Americans can worship them.

Without a doubt what we have is evidence and mounting evidence for is an attempted coup. We have yet to find out if SCOTUS is going to get on board and make future coup attempts legal.
In a courtroom, there is a significant difference between saying Trump should enact Marshall Law and acting in a conspiracy to overthrow an election. We are getting into very hazy gray area territory here. We know some conspired to overthrow the election, but some of the tweets above, while undemocratic, don't raise to a standard of sedition.

What the texts do is open up channels for whom to investigate for actually acts of sedition. All of these texts should result in the complete and utter shaming of these Americans and investigating their involvement in the acts to overthrow our election.

We are getting into very hazy gray area territory here.
Only in the gray hazy land of legalese.
We know some conspired to overthrow the election
Yes, and “we” know Trump was the ringleader.
but some of the tweets above, while undemocratic, don't raise to a standard of sedition.
History will regard Cheato as an aberration and a traitor regardless of whether he dies in jail or on a yacht in the Black Sea.
Al Capone is not famous for being a tax cheat.

Trump will be indicted. It will go to trial. Just when it looks like he will be convicted and go to the pokey, he will croak from a heart attack. Just to disappoit us all.

We should start planning celebrations and parades now. May a few practice runs.

I guess it would highly depend on the jury or judges, but it seems very hard to argue that cheetolini didn't know about this from his chief of fucking staff for something like 4 months.

Something I saw (on MSNBC?) implied that Meadows hand-picked which messages he made available. Does that make sense? Were there messages even worse than these which Meadows did NOT present?

Back
Top Bottom