• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

The Pope TO Honor The CHildren Of Fatima

Why would that prevent it from being honored?
Your confusion is confusing. Do you think we can only honor things after full disclosure?
No one's gotten a medal for a military action that was classified at the time the medal was presented?

<snip>

It's a legitimate question. Your comment makes no sense.

Last edited by a moderator:

It's a legitimate question. Your comment makes no sense.

<snip>

I don't know how something can be honored if there is no information on it.

The lore of the Miracle of Fatima goes like this.

Apparently a little girl was walking in the field when an apparition of the Mother Mary Mary, or Jesus's mother, appeared and talked to her saying she had an important message to give to her.

She ran home and told people about it, but her parents got angry and spanked her for for they didn't believe. The girl got two of her friends and the apparition talked to them. The girls told it, that they needed proof, so it told them to expect a miracle. When they told people, thousands of people came from miles around.

The miracle was in the movement of the sun. It moved in an unnatural way. Those who had no faith couldn't see it.

See told the girls that she had three secrets to give them. The purpose of the secrets was for the non believers to change their ways or there would be wars and pestilence to come. She gave them three secrets. The first was the prediction of WWI. The next was the predicition of a second war if people didn't change and follow God. That predicted WW II.

The third was given to the Pope at that time, and he was instructed to open it at a different time in the future.

It is claimed that when that date came around the Pope opened the secret and after reading it became very scared. Then he sealed it away for ever and not revealing it to the public. To the best of my knowledge, that third secret has never been revealed.

So then, how can we honor something that there is little to know knowledge from?

Last edited by a moderator:
So the current pope is honoring the whatchamacallit. Which was the original pope, and the which is the one who read it and was scared?

As much as the current pope is good as popes and priests go, he's still got the mystic streak in him.

This is very confusing to me. How can something be honored, when, at least to the best of my knowledge, the third secret of Fatima has never been released?
It's the message of peace that is being honored, regardless if the third secret is known to everyone. So I'm not seeing the problem.

So the current pope is honoring the whatchamacallit. Which was the original pope, and the which is the one who read it and was scared?

As much as the current pope is good as popes and priests go, he's still got the mystic streak in him.
Fatima is a gold mine. Frankie is a pretty good chap as people go, and maybe he believes in these silly claims. Psychosis in religious language is called revelation or miracle or something like that, but it's still just impossible stupid shit.

Fatima is a gold mine. Frankie is a pretty good chap as people go, and maybe he believes in these silly claims. Psychosis in religious language is called revelation or miracle or something like that, but it's still just impossible stupid shit.
I'd call it superstition crossed with very sound business sense. The whole sanctification process does seem deeply pointless and ridiculous. Given their beliefs, how do they suppose humans could possibly decide whom their God regarded as 'holy'?

I'd call it superstition crossed with very sound business sense. The whole sanctification process does seem deeply pointless and ridiculous. Given their beliefs, how do they suppose humans could possibly decide whom their God regarded as 'holy'?
My pastor friend like's to say, "It's the word of god." He draws it like a gun, it's his form of reassurance. I'm certain that if we were ever to discuss how he comes to believe what is and isn't the word of god it would come down to just picking, choosing and believing based on his preferences, biases and personal agreement. He doesn't understand that what he calls the "word of god" is really just whatever he wants it to be.

So then, how can we honor something that there is little to know knowledge from?

Dunno how, but I can figure why. Rolling these things out and "honoring" them is just a reminder that they supposedly happened. They do things like this systematically. Fatima is big league stuff that helps sustain a large impression. It has to be reinforced constantly to remain true, right? They hallucinate and then sensationalize. Then "honor", and with every honoring the hallucinatiuon becomes something more than what it is, which at the core is nothing more than getting fucked up on hallucinogens accidentally - then getting slutted around by the Church - all for the propagation of mysticism. All unexplained visions are of course Jesus, according to Catholics. The Lucifer telescope is funded with the one goal in mind. Everything strange in space is Jesus. Catholics are trying to cover all bases, all the way to the light from the big bang. They'll stop at nothing.

I try to avoid polluting my mind with thoughts about Catholocism and I don't like wasting external space on the matter, so sorry if I seem a little ignorant about this stuff. But I'll tell you what I think. My take on the situation is all about drugs. These kids accidentally tripped balls, then the Church silenced them (literally). It isn't hard to brainwash someone when they're already permadosed from atropine, LSM, psilocybin or any of the various chemicals those kids could have accidentally poisoned themselves with that day. What the Catholic Church did to them in the aftermath of their psyche-shattering drug experience was a crime. Oh, and he mass hallucination/sun phenomenon was hysteria and lies which became true because of time and ignorance. And rudeness. And paranoia. And naivety. Catholics are annoying, huh Raychism.

Fatima is a remake of Delphi. Bernadette is a priestess telling the future. Lots of not so bright people love this soap opera stuff.

Fatima is a remake of Delphi. Bernadette is a priestess telling the future. Lots of not so bright people love this soap opera stuff.

Delphi? You mean the oracle? Because of the gases causing hallucinations? Bernadette is in Lourdes, but are you saying that is what happened? And in Fatima?

The Pope just said that he does not believe in Medjugorje.

https://churchpop.com/2017/05/13/pope-francis-reveals-hand-on-medjugorje/
Not gases, just the same behavior, someone has a psychotic event and people start whispering "god." Pretty soon there's a shrine and lots of money to be made.

Delphi? You mean the oracle? Because of the gases causing hallucinations? Bernadette is in Lourdes, but are you saying that is what happened? And in Fatima?

The Pope just said that he does not believe in Medjugorje.

https://churchpop.com/2017/05/13/pope-francis-reveals-hand-on-medjugorje/
Not gases, just the same behavior, someone has a psychotic event and people start whispering "god." Pretty soon there's a shrine and lots of money to be made.

In Medjugorje, after all these years, the Pope says "Nai, nai! Not happening! Not truth!"...There goes another tourist attraction...

... See told the girls that she had three secrets to give them. The purpose of the secrets was for the non believers to change their ways or there would be wars and pestilence to come. She gave them three secrets. The first was the prediction of WWI. ...

How difficult could it have been, to predict WWI ... in 1917?

In fact, the first "secret" had nothing to do with WWI; it was supposedly a vision of Hell, with no predictions involved.

The second "secret" "predicted" that the current war would end, but another one would happen in the pontificate of Pope Pius XI, preventable by "the Consecration of Russia to my Immaculate Heart, and the Communion of reparation on the First Saturdays". Otherwise "(Russia) will spread her errors throughout the world, causing wars and persecutions of the Church". There are several problems with this. For one, WWII started in September 1939, but Pius had died 7 months earlier, in February. You'd have thought somebody would have spotted the error, given that this "secret" wasn't published until 1941 (raising the reasonable suspicion that this was no prediction at all, but a retrofit). Also, at the time of the "apparitions" (May-October 1917), Russia, having undergone the February Revolution and under the Provisional Government of Kerensky, was still very much a Xian country, with just as much Mariolatry as any Catholic, West-European land, so calling for its conversion would have been very premature at the time of the "miracles". It would, however, have made much more sense by the time of publication, in 1941, to call for the conversion of Stalinist Russia ... more retrofitting.

You say the third "secret" was never published (to be fair, you did add "to my knowledge"), but, in fact, it was. In 2000, it was published by the Vatican, and it contained no predictions , just a Revelations-style apocalyptic vision and an exhortation to prayer and worship. Cardinal Joseph Ratzinger, the future Pope Benedict XVI, wrote:
Ratzinger said:
The purpose of the vision is not to show a film of an irrevocably fixed future. Its meaning is exactly the opposite: it is meant to mobilize the forces of change in the right direction. Therefore we must totally discount fatalistic explanations of the “secret”, such as, for example, the claim that the would-be assassin of 13 May 1981 was merely an instrument of the divine plan guided by Providence and could not therefore have acted freely, or other similar ideas in circulation. Rather, the vision speaks of dangers and how we might be saved from them.

The concluding part of the 'secret' uses images which Lucia may have seen in devotional books and which draw their inspiration from long-standing intuitions of faith.

What remains was already evident when we began our reflections on the text of the 'secret': the exhortation to prayer as the path of 'salvation for souls' and, likewise, the summons to penance and conversion.

How difficult could it have been, to predict WWI ... in 1917?

In fact, the first "secret" had nothing to do with WWI; it was supposedly a vision of Hell, with no predictions involved.

The second "secret" "predicted" that the current war would end, but another one would happen in the pontificate of Pope Pius XI, preventable by "the Consecration of Russia to my Immaculate Heart, and the Communion of reparation on the First Saturdays". Otherwise "(Russia) will spread her errors throughout the world, causing wars and persecutions of the Church". There are several problems with this. For one, WWII started in September 1939, but Pius had died 7 months earlier, in February. You'd have thought somebody would have spotted the error, given that this "secret" wasn't published until 1941 (raising the reasonable suspicion that this was no prediction at all, but a retrofit). Also, at the time of the "apparitions" (May-October 1917), Russia, having undergone the February Revolution and under the Provisional Government of Kerensky, was still very much a Xian country, with just as much Mariolatry as any Catholic, West-European land, so calling for its conversion would have been very premature at the time of the "miracles". It would, however, have made much more sense by the time of publication, in 1941, to call for the conversion of Stalinist Russia ... more retrofitting.

You say the third "secret" was never published (to be fair, you did add "to my knowledge"), but, in fact, it was. In 2000, it was published by the Vatican, and it contained no predictions , just a Revelations-style apocalyptic vision and an exhortation to prayer and worship. Cardinal Joseph Ratzinger, the future Pope Benedict XVI, wrote:
Ratzinger said:
The purpose of the vision is not to show a film of an irrevocably fixed future. Its meaning is exactly the opposite: it is meant to mobilize the forces of change in the right direction. Therefore we must totally discount fatalistic explanations of the “secret”, such as, for example, the claim that the would-be assassin of 13 May 1981 was merely an instrument of the divine plan guided by Providence and could not therefore have acted freely, or other similar ideas in circulation. Rather, the vision speaks of dangers and how we might be saved from them.

The concluding part of the 'secret' uses images which Lucia may have seen in devotional books and which draw their inspiration from long-standing intuitions of faith.

What remains was already evident when we began our reflections on the text of the 'secret': the exhortation to prayer as the path of 'salvation for souls' and, likewise, the summons to penance and conversion.

Those are called redactions. Good illustration of how all bible stories were produced, and how all religious writing continues to be produced, religious fiction at its finest.

Only the second "secret" makes the slightest sense, but what it predicts is very predictable.

All the wars humanity has ever fought came to an end eventually, usually through exhaustion of the parties involved or else one party occupies the other. And - lo and behold - another war is predicted. Woo, as if having a war precludes any more. As for being "worse", that's predictable without divine favour: wars have been getting more mechanized for at least two centuries, with humans inventing "better" ways to kill as many people as possible as quickly as possible. That's not a secret or a divine prediction: it's pretty much a statement of the obvious.

As for the rest of the secrets, they are meaningless, and (honestly) bordering on the delusional.

Considering the importance of the message, why present it to a bunch of kids? You'd think a message of this importance would be better given to someone important. The pope, perhaps?

Ahh, well, if his holiness wishes to take it seriously, let him.

Back
Top Bottom