• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

The president's son's wife just lawyered up

Yes, I have to agree with you on that... except the hundreds of thousands of dollars for a few billable hours finalizing paperwork for an uncontested separation, guided by a pre-nup. The true cost for, lets just say 20 billable hours, is well under $10,000 after all the nickel and diming... by the most expensive divorce lawyer in the world...

My angle on this was more along the lines of them doing it the way they're doing it as opposed to each getting their own divorce attorney and battling it out in court, which, when considering the parties, could easily run into the 100's of thousands of dollars. My understanding is that they're both using the same attorney/firm to do the thing because they agree on everything. However, for a firm to charge $500 an hour isn't unheard of, particularly when it comes to people like this, which would come out to $10,000 (20 hours at $500 an hour); a fee they'd happily pay. Hell, you could probably get them for twice that and they wouldn't flinch.

Better question.. why is a criminal defense lawyer their "best friend" in the industry? Why isn't it a human rights lawyer... or an eldercare lawyer.. or intellectual property lawyer (that would make most sense, in an ethical business dealing sort of way)? Why is a criminal lawyer their go-to (assuming they don't already know that they need criminal law help).

Who knows? Maybe they know the guy from way back. Maybe he was a referral from some other attorney they know. Or, as is certainly possible, they've been up to criminal things.

As an aside: an eldercare lawyer? Don Sr. could be pulling tufts of grass out of the White House lawn and stuffing them in his mouth while throwing his own shit at passersby and they'd still deem him competent as long as the [presumed] trust money wasn't threatened.

Don Sr. could be pulling tufts of grass out of the White House lawn and stuffing them in his mouth while throwing his own shit at passersby ...

That's basically what he's doing already. *yawn*

Back
Top Bottom