• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

The Race For 2024

Nikki Haley has done surprisingly well in the primaries since then, even if not enough to make her want to continue her campaign.
Orange ManBaby is only in it for the money but if Haley doesn't endorse him he's toast.

Nikki Haley has done surprisingly well in the primaries since then, even if not enough to make her want to continue her campaign.
Orange ManBaby is only in it for the money but if Haley doesn't endorse him he's toast.
If she does endorse him, she’s toast in 2028. If she doesn’t endorse the fucker, she’s a 2028 front runner right out of the gate.

And, importantly, right before she said that she said this: {snip}

The most important part and what actually counts is “All nine Justices agree on the outcome of this case”

Not five to four.

Not six to three.

Not even eight to one.

NINE to zero fella, nine to zero.

I've moved on. Maybe you will too one day.

I'll let the adults continue with their whining, I'm tapping out. (y)
Note that this doesn't mean he's not guilty of insurrection.

The court said it wasn't the right place to make the decision--and I agree with them. Permitting Colorado's actions opens a major can of worms.
So does open rejection of the plain reading of the US Constitution by SCOTUS.

The Ohio MAGA candidate for Senate is in the closet.

Haw! GOP worried about this coming out because of their voting base, not moderates or liberals. Even more Haw!, Moreno is a fucking tool, supporting gay rights up until it wasn't politically convenient. What a hoser!

Republican group planning $50M campaign to block Trump from reelection | The Hill
The campaign is orchestrated by Sarah Longwell, a Republican strategist who has long been critical of Trump. The plan is to target “moderate Republican” and Republican-leaning voters in swing states with videos. The group had a similar strategy in 2020, when they shared more than 1,000 testimonials during an election that President Biden won.

The ads featuring the former Trump voter testimonials will be deployed on TV, streaming platforms, billboards, radio and digital media. They will run in the battleground states of Arizona, Georgia, Michigan, Nevada, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin.

Funny (not funny) how Swiz runs away from hard questions.
Well there goes that irony meter.
Wait... people shouldn't reference irony meters, in which their response actually causes them to explode. It just isn't safe.
Your refusal to recognize when I reply doesn't mean I do not do so. Your desire to believe it will not alter any facts.

I guessed you hadn't heard about it, which is why I provided a link.
I've read the link, which was an incredibly biased blog post ending in an ad for the blogger's new book. I'm confused as to what your point is trying to be. Are you going to ask me my thoughts on every single killing that has occurred in the US and provide suspect context with each and every one of them? If so, I'm not really interested and I suspect the heat death of the universe will happen before we're through.

So what exactly is your point? What's the common link *you* perceive to be between Riley, Floyd and Lemp?

While I see government action and incation in all three cases, I'd say Lemp is the most tragic of the three and Riley's perhaps the least. That makes a spectrum. Unlike Floyd, everyone involved in the Lemp case is being very well protected by the government.

I've read the link, which was an incredibly biased blog post ending in an ad for the blogger's new book. I'm confused as to what your point is trying to be. Are you going to ask me my thoughts on every single killing that has occurred in the US and provide suspect context with each and every one of them? If so, I'm not really interested and I suspect the heat death of the universe will happen before we're through.

So what exactly is your point? What's the common link *you* perceive to be between Riley, Floyd and Lemp?
His point is... well... maybe he'll say it for himself. *not holding my breath*
Although I have just made my point, I think Jimmy holding his breath until he admits I made my point will be bad for Jimmy's health.

It's less sensible and reasonable to fear undocumented immigrants as it would be to fear jaywalkers.
I like this comparison.
Jason said:
Whatever your opinion of the law itself, they are by definition law breakers.
I find it extremely ironic that someone who says this would vote for Rump.

Has there ever been a person running for a second term as President, whose VP in their first did not endorse them for a second term?

Omg, the groveling. Dude, this story only ends with him selling you out or siccing his mob on you.

"It should come as no surprise I will not be endorsing Donald Trump this year." - Mike Pence

Yes, it is very surprising the way you kissed his ass for four years and beyond.

While I see government action and incation in all three cases, I'd say Lemp is the most tragic of the three and Riley's perhaps the least. That makes a spectrum. Unlike Floyd, everyone involved in the Lemp case is being very well protected by the government.
I'll expand on that.

I do believe that most political outrage is both selective and feigned. Lots of Democrats are of course upset about George Floyd, and lost of Republicans are of course upset about Laken Riley. The most tragic of all cases are Duncan Lemp and Don Scott, and those arouse no anger from either side of the same party. Only Libertarians take any time to notice those two cases, and they are much more severe.

It is akin to how the one thing that would be the best weapon that Republicans can use to attack Democrats is also the same thing that would be the best weapon that Democrats can use to attack Republicans. The same crime in both cases, neither will use it because they both want to commit it, our foreign policy.

It's less sensible and reasonable to fear undocumented immigrants as it would be to fear jaywalkers.
I like this comparison.
Jason said:
Whatever your opinion of the law itself, they are by definition law breakers.
I find it extremely ironic that someone who says this would vote for Rump.
I would find it ironic if you had even the slightest clue how I vote, in spite of my saying it often. Trying to recruit me to support him alongside you?

In 2012 the Republican Party explicitly told the last few libertarians who hadn't wised up that they weren't wanted. In 2016 I pointed out that Trump is what you get when you have populism with zero libertarian input.

Also in 2016 I saw many people on this board who wanted libertarians to support Trump. When I asked why they wanted that, nobody answered, "proving" that I don't answer questions. For the last 8 years I have occasionally asked that. Not "why do you think libertarians support him" but "why do you want libertarians to support him". It is a question of very great interest to me, and one would think it of interest to those who want libertarians to support him. I see unapologetic is too new to have noticed who I actually support (hurr durr he don't like Biden means he like Trump) but one would expect Elixir to be all over that question.

Except Elixir not only doesn't answer questions, he doesn't even know how to answer questions.

He's not the only one on the board who wants libertarians to support Trump, but he is the most vocal. But all the rest who have expressed that same desire, none of them have answered my question either. "Proving" that I don't answer questions.

Jimmy is in danger of passing out from holding his breath waiting for me to answer that question I asked, but I am asking because I honestly don't know.

Why do many posters here want libertarians to support Trump?

I am so conflicted about this one

If he’s so concerned why doesn’t he take Trump on a hunting trip?

I have no respect for Bush II in all this -- has he ever used his influence as an ex-Pres to criticize Trump in any fashion? I realize that an ex feels constrained in speaking out on his own party, but Trump throws all norms out. Bush would risk nothing (except the respect of the zanies) in releasing one measly statement about Trump's unsuitability for office. Grow a pair, George.

Back
Top Bottom