• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

The Religion Portion Of The Talk Freethought Has Livened Up A Bit Of Late

In the other thread you broke St. Paul's commandment not to use obscene language, and now you've broken Jesus's commandment not to call your brother a fool...
I'm sure his superior command of scripture can resolve any apparent violation of divine commandment.
Or maybe he'll just metaphor his way out of it....

And you no doubt also subscribe to the uneducated idea that scripture can be interpreted in any fashion desired.

You are just a boxing promoter on a campus for brain damage. A barbie doll and a midget. Gettin' all funky and shit. Runnin' around in your local supermarket using the shopping carts in an inappropriate manner which may be objectionable to some, but not others. I know. I know.

Little people. Big people. Hot sexy time with sausage fingers and pencil dicks, hey. I don't wan't to get into the personal sexual deviations that are abundantly destitute of hair products. Oral hygiene is another thing entirely isn't it? You've got Christian missionaries discovering or at least preying upon secluded tribes all strung out on mushrooms. Perfect teeth. Give them some fluoride and rap music and come back in a year and you've got a bunch of half naked rotten toothed gangsters niggardly guarding what? Your atheist principles and ideas?

[Laughs] Well. I don't think so.

And you no doubt also subscribe to the uneducated idea that scripture can be interpreted in any fashion desired.
of course it can. Any text can be interpreted in any fashion desired. The selected fashion depends on what you want to acheive.
In that sense a text is nothing more than sny raw material.

You may only be interested of how many words that have more than 9 characters etc.

Your goal seem to be to justify your own delusional thoughts and you seem to do that well.

Little people. Big people. Hot sexy time with sausage fingers and pencil dicks, hey. I don't wan't to get into the personal sexual deviations that are abundantly destitute of hair products. Oral hygiene is another thing entirely isn't it? You've got Christian missionaries discovering or at least preying upon secluded tribes all strung out on mushrooms. Perfect teeth. Give them some fluoride and rap music and come back in a year and you've got a bunch of half naked rotten toothed gangsters niggardly guarding what? Your atheist principles and ideas?

bunny.jpg

When are you going to answer my questions in your "Skeptics Bible Challenge" thread?

of course it can. Any text can be interpreted in any fashion desired. The selected fashion depends on what you want to acheive.
In that sense a text is nothing more than sny raw material.

You may only be interested of how many words that have more than 9 characters etc.

Your goal seem to be to justify your own delusional thoughts and you seem to do that well.

There are only two ways to interpret anything. The right way and the wrong way. You can make anything say anything you want it to say only if you are insane.

- - - Updated - - -

When are you going to answer my questions in your "Skeptics Bible Challenge" thread?

Link?

There are only two ways to interpret anything. The right way and the wrong way.
Bloody hell, you are so naive.
There is no "right way" to interpret a text. There are millions of reasons why you want to use that text.
Finding the intention of the author is one, finding how it was actually was interpreted at the time of its writing another. Interpreting it as the message from some god a another. Etc These interpretations may not bring out the sane inmformation but that is totally fine.

You can make anything say anything you want it to say only if you are insane.
Yes, of course.

Except that we can and often do have a free exchange of opposing ideas about who is better, the Sith or the Jedi...or any number of imaginary/fictional groups.

So apparent. So unimaginative. So typical. The Sith isn't running for political office. Isn't teaching your children in school. Isn't ripping your poor off the TV . . . well, okay, they are doing that, but otherwise, c'mon!

Umm....okay? Apparent to what? Last I checked, your name wasn't credoconsolans so I wasn't talking to you. The point was, that just because things are nonsensical and not worth discussing, doesn't mean that we can't or don't discuss them anyway.

Sooooo, not sure what chip was on your shoulder to insult me there, but whatever.

So apparent. So unimaginative. So typical. The Sith isn't running for political office. Isn't teaching your children in school. Isn't ripping your poor off the TV . . . well, okay, they are doing that, but otherwise, c'mon!

Umm....okay? Apparent to what? Last I checked, your name wasn't credoconsolans so I wasn't talking to you. The point was, that just because things are nonsensical and not worth discussing, doesn't mean that we can't or don't discuss them anyway.

Sooooo, not sure what chip was on your shoulder to insult me there, but whatever.

Women . . .

Women . . .

Wow, you really are something else. I'm a dude.

Being dismissive of someone by demeaning half of the population won't get you far in life.
Psst! You're criticizing the social skills of someone who felt that not enough people were talking about him, so we needed this thread to talk about how much people are talking about him...

I think you may have misunderstood the point. My take was that the Christian vs atheist discussion has at least one group that is not espousing a fictional character unlike the other situation in which both groups are espousing fictional characters.

Oh! Oh! Oh! I know! Amphipithecus?! Aegyptopithecus?! Archaeopteryx?!

What the fuck is an Amphipithecus?
That sounds like something even a pithecophile like Jim Jones wouldn't like

jim_jones_003.jpg

jim_jones_003a.jpg

4729645888_6bc345ba23_z.jpg

One thing that bothers me is that we simply can't get someone to come in here and defend mainstream Christian religion anymore. We've had nothing but a parade of heretics and one-man cultists for the last several years. There's absolutely no point in arguing against a religion that will die along with its sole proponent.

Sarpedon's right. There's quite a few of 'em who come riding in on their sawhorses wearing papier mache Napoleon hats and imitation C.S. Lewis polemic style. They are more interesting than the orthodox. Give 'em that.

One thing that bothers me is that we simply can't get someone to come in here and defend mainstream Christian religion anymore. We've had nothing but a parade of heretics and one-man cultists for the last several years. There's absolutely no point in arguing against a religion that will die along with its sole proponent.

Well, you ought to focus your attention on the source, anyway. People are getting to the point where they don't need to join some parade of organized religion. The atheists ought to understand that, I've seen more organized creatures running around farmyards with their heads cut off.

Back
Top Bottom